Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
brisfox

View from Istanbul

13 minutes ago, Manini said:

@Stadt Don’t you live in Sheffield? I always got the feeling that Sheff United fans were a bit wannabe Leeds, but just...not..at all.

Is that accurate? 

Sorry to whoever’s thread this is by the way since I’ve completely hijacked it - kiss goodbye to it it’s now the northern football fan thread. 

I used to live in south Sheffield among many Blades fans (south Sheffield = Blades, north Sheffield = Owls) and wouldn't characterise them like that particularly.

Though to be fair this was a long time ago (so long, in fact, that Bramall Lane only had three sides) but I must say I found the Sheff U fans to be a fairly likeable lot. Darkly humorous and loyal. Reminded me a lot of Leicester fans as a matter of fact...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Manini said:

And do you live in Leeds? Did MTWG also at one point live in Leeds? The view from Leeds is correct bro it’s an exact science. 

MOT 

yeah lived here for time now. can see elland road out my bedroom window. can hear mot on karaoke every time i walk through town of a morning. what a club. 

I work in London and the view from here is

Spurs fans think we were lucky in 15/16 and that we robbed them of what should rightly have been theirs

Arsenal fans think we were lucky in 15/16 and that we robbed them of what should rightly have been theirs

Spurs fans think arsenal were lucky and robbed them of what should have rightly been theirs

Everybody else thinks Spurs are chokers and Arsenal a bunch of whingers

Everybody thinks Vardy is shit but still want him in their side

Chelsea fans are perfectly happy that spuds and arsenal are too busy thinking that they are the only side in London while both going into meltdown while they are quietly getting on with actually being a decent side

Nobody gives a **** about what west ham, palace, millwall, Fulham and rest are doing

They all think that grass and class rhymes with ar*e not ass

They all think people from Leicester, Nottingham etc are northerners and we are all poor

33 minutes ago, Manini said:

@Stadt Don’t you live in Sheffield? I always got the feeling that Sheff United fans were a bit wannabe Leeds, but just...not..at all.

Is that accurate? 

Sorry to whoever’s thread this is by the way since I’ve completely hijacked it - kiss goodbye to it it’s now the northern football fan thread. 

Not really got that impression, most I’ve met have been sound. They have a bit of a chip on their shoulder about our admin (even though we still would have finished 2nd) and about West Ham with Tevez/Mascherano. Mostly they’re decent and as a fanbase they remind me of us in 14/15.

I’ve met more dickhead Wednesday fans than United. They definitely think they’re bigger than they are, by and large.

• Like 1

On 28/10/2019 at 09:04, ozleicester said:

how is Caglar actually pronounced?

According to the Leicester Mercury...

"Caglar Soyuncu looks a bit of a mouthful before you even add the five – yes, five – accents (Çağlar Söyüncü is how it should look).

So, here’s some guidance. Caglar is pronounced Char-lar – the ‘g’ is silent. Soyuncu is said Sur-yun-juh"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yeah lived here for time now. can see elland road out my bedroom window. can hear mot on karaoke every time i walk through town of a morning. what a club. 

Three Legs karaoke every single day - unreal. 

17 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Not really got that impression, most I’ve met have been sound. They have a bit of a chip on their shoulder about our admin (even though we still would have finished 2nd) and about West Ham with Tevez/Mascherano. Mostly they’re decent and as a fanbase they remind me of us in 14/15.

I’ve met more dickhead Wednesday fans than United. They definitely think they’re bigger than they are, by and large.

Ah yeah sounds like you and Stoo are of the same opinion. I suppose every fan base has its helmets doesn’t it - and if I’m meeting any other Yorkshire fan in Leeds they probably have their guard up by default anyway!

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

Ah yeah sounds like you and Stoo are of the same opinion. I suppose every fan base has its helmets doesn’t it - and if I’m meeting any other Yorkshire fan in Leeds they probably have their guard up by default anyway!

Universally, there's a bit of resentment from Sheffielders about Leeds as place because it receives more investment etc not dissimilar to how we hate Nottingham.

I like Leeds fans collective but the ones I've encountered have mostly been thick as mince 

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Universally, there's a bit of resentment from Sheffielders about Leeds as place because it receives more investment etc not dissimilar to how we hate Nottingham.

Yes also a good point. That’s not ringfenced to Sheff either. A lot of the South Yorkshire folk feel the same (Doncaster, Barnsley, even going east to Hull) I think, as well as people from out Bradford way. I think Yorkshire collectively is a really interesting insight in to being a football fan it’s very diverse, to a certain extent (I mean socially as well which is what I suppose I’m getting at). 

Edited by Manini

2 hours ago, Manini said:

And do you live in Leeds? Did MTWG also at one point live in Leeds? The view from Leeds is correct bro it’s an exact science. 

MOT 

I work at an office block near the airport. I’d comment more about Leeds, but I feel

like I’m being spied upon.... We all loved Leeds #MOT

2 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

I work at an office block near the airport. I’d comment more about Leeds, but I feel

like I’m being spied upon.... We all loved Leeds #MOT

There’s quite a lot of Leeds based blues on here I think - I see a feller walking round town in the red away shirt from a couple of years ago on a regular basis. Bet he’s on here.