Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheUltimateWinner

Closed door friendly vs Rangers?

23 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Away you go lol!  Every single club's fans are bitter and disappointed for while when they lose one of their heroes, Leicester, Celtic and every club in the land!

Sure we didn’t want him to leave but it was widely accepted and he was wished well by most/many from my recollection.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Sure we didn’t want him to leave but it was widely accepted and he was wished well by most/many from my recollection.

There's always a bitter minority at every club though that's my point!  Even on here when Rodgers arrived there were loads of people harping on as it being payback for us taking O'Neill all those years ago for example!

2 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

There's always a bitter minority at every club though that's my point!  Even on here when Rodgers arrived there were loads of people harping on as it being payback for us taking O'Neill all those years ago for example!

Fair point, I guess with the size of celtics fan base that minority just looks huge :whistle::D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

Away you go lol!  Every single club's fans are bitter and disappointed for while when they lose one of their heroes, Leicester, Celtic and every club in the land!

Not at all.

I actually wrote to O'Neill thanking him and wishing him well embarrassingly enough.  He didn't write back.  Anyway, I don't remember any bitterness at the time.  Similarly when Lennon left us soon after.  I wish Maguire well and I don't recall any negative comments here towards Kante when he left.

I suppose it depends on the circimstances.  For instance, I would have driven Mahrez to Manchester myself, as I was so sick of his petulance.  I don't wish him any ill though.  

I think that as a fan base we are quite fair to players or managers that move on.  I suppose the bitterness from Glasgow comes from the fact that Celtic fans seemed incredulous that Rodgers would choose to leave for a smaller club, but it does seem a bit ott.

17 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Well you've qualified your original statement somewhat.  I'll agree that every club has a minority of morons.

As for the payback thing, that's not quite the same thing as bitterness is it?  If we were saddened when O'Neill left, I stand by the fact that there wasn't any bitterness toward him at the time.  If, twenty or so years later, the tables turn and we are able to take Celtic's manager, I can imagine some Leicester fans (not me) felt a little pang of schadenfreude, especially in the face of some provocation from some visiting Celtic fans (not you).  

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

On 19/11/2019 at 14:02, Langston said:

I don't think anybody could definitively tell you how good King *actually* is anymore. Theoretically he should be a tidy enough player in the SPL as he's a proven to be an upper tier Championship footballer, but the last time he played anything other than sporadically (ie was a regular starter) was 2012-13, and that's pushing it. How anyone can maintain a level of performance if they barely play, I don't know.

He has had regular playing time with Derby and Swansea since then. He got decent reviews for being one of the better players in a struggling Swansea team.

3 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

He has had regular playing time with Derby and Swansea since then. He got decent reviews for being one of the better players in a struggling Swansea team.

Regular playing time for Derby? He got crocked after four games, clocking up a mighty 150 minutes of playing time. That isn't regular - and was his most recent loan. Swansea, again, was nigh on two years ago now. 

He's a legend and I know your defence is because you've personal ties with him, but there is absolutely no way any of us can state what level he's at right now.

6 hours ago, Langston said:

Regular playing time for Derby? He got crocked after four games, clocking up a mighty 150 minutes of playing time. That isn't regular - and was his most recent loan. Swansea, again, was nigh on two years ago now. 

He's a legend and I know your defence is because you've personal ties with him, but there is absolutely no way any of us can state what level he's at right now.

Valid points made and you're right he was injured at Derby. My apologies.  He did well at Swansea though, their fans were a bit gutted to lose him. In hindsight he probably should have gone down with them and solidified his place in their midfield. 

3 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Valid points made and you're right he was injured at Derby. My apologies.  He did well at Swansea though, their fans were a bit gutted to lose him. In hindsight he probably should have gone down with them and solidified his place in their midfield. 

I remember he was talking about a permanent move until they got the drop, then it was "lovely time, good luck in the future." I love King, but face it, he wasn't going to take that pay cut.

• Like 2