Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Who replaces Evans?

CB options  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who replaces Evans?

• Morgan
    • Benkovic
    • Fuchs
    • Other

This poll is closed to new votes

BR mentioned morphine taken in the week by JE, so he was in a pretty bad way. I'm a touch surprised he started.

It appears Benko is just not ready, so it isn't a contest. Cags can do most of the running (as he does with JE), and Wes can handle the aerial/physical side. I'm not saying it would be as good a pairing, but we saw last season that Wes can still have good games for us, even if he isn't always starting.

• Like 1

I do wonder how many of the 16% who’ve voted for Benkovic have actually seen him play. No need to ask who has seen him play at Premier League level as we know the answer is zero. 

The fact that he’s not been in a match day squad and Morgan has might just be an indication about who currently has the faith of the coaching staff. That is, of course, unless some of those 16% have a greater insight. 

• Like 1

Just wondering if those who are writing off Benkovic are the same people who wrote off Soyuncu last season? He'll be a good player for us. He just needs a chance and a bit of belief shown in him. However, I trust Rodgers to make the right call. If he believes Wes is the best backup option right now, then that's good enough for me.

• Like 1

On 23/11/2019 at 17:05, Spudulike said:

If anyone remembers the 1-6 vs Spudenham they will know why we can't play Fuchs at Centre back.

I had Benalouane down as the main culprit.

7 hours ago, Jobyfox said:

I do wonder how many of the 16% who’ve voted for Benkovic have actually seen him play. No need to ask who has seen him play at Premier League level as we know the answer is zero. 

The fact that he’s not been in a match day squad and Morgan has might just be an indication about who currently has the faith of the coaching staff. That is, of course, unless some of those 16% have a greater insight. 

I'm surprised nobody has suggested Kaputska yet. 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Everyone forgets Benkovic is a year younger, fans need to stop comparing Soyuncu and his development, especially when Soyuncu has had many games in the Bundesliga prior to coming here whilst Benko has only played at SPL and Croation First Division level. 

If any club can manage young player’s potential it’d be us and I’d back us to be managing him accordingly, although I think Morgan is rightly 3rd reserve right for the moment. 

You’re right to point out the differences in age and experience between them but I think I agree with the sentiment he expressed.

Everyone had written Soyuncu off last season (I actually thought he looked good in the cameos he had) but he’s gone from literally supposedly not being good enough to get into the match day squad to being good enough to start for us and is a part of the best defence in the league! I’m not saying that Benkovic is necessarily ready right now or that he will be as good as Soyuncu has been but I would put my faith in him if he was picked and I would actually hope to see him in some cup games soon at least! 

3 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

Morgan was out of position for most of his time on the pit h yesterday.Lost 1 on 1 jumps.If he plays full games I'm afraid he will cost us.

Sadly I agree with you .... he looked fine at Luton but at prem level .........

if BR doesn’t feel benko can hack it yet then expect a quick jan CH arrival 

On 23/11/2019 at 09:10, Tanya said:

Wes. But he is slow and I think makes our back four a little shakier. He can do the job but I'd be nervous if Evans was out for a while.

CB a must in Jan

I could not agree more. I am actually nervous when Wes is called upon. Always seems that his positioning has gone

43 minutes ago, oadby.fox said:

You’re right to point out the differences in age and experience between them but I think I agree with the sentiment he expressed.

Everyone had written Soyuncu off last season (I actually thought he looked good in the cameos he had) but he’s gone from literally supposedly not being good enough to get into the match day squad to being good enough to start for us and is a part of the best defence in the league! I’m not saying that Benkovic is necessarily ready right now or that he will be as good as Soyuncu has been but I would put my faith in him if he was picked and I would actually hope to see him in some cup games soon at least! 

What does that even mean? You’d put your faith in him if he was picked? 

What exactly is the alternative? I presume that if he was picked then Brendan Rodgers would have already put his faith in him. All we’d have to do is support him, which I’d hope is a given.

i like many would love to see Benkovic on the pitch and I’d love for him to be a revelation like Soyuncu has been. Why would anybody want anything different? 

The situation with Soyuncu was different. We’d seen him play and some people weren’t convinced by a few mixed performances. With Benkovic I’ve never seen him play at Premier League level so I can only go with the evidence I’ve got and that would be to pick Morgan. Also on the basis that the coaching staff obviously don’t think FB is ready.

Naturally, it would be better for everyone given their relative ages, if Benkovic proved capable of taking Morgan’s place.