Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 minute ago, baldeagle said:

Well I stand corrected then , the articles I read wasn’t that clear but they were first thing so more details  have probably  come out and I’ve not read any since . 

I don't want to link to a Daily Mirror article but it's on their article saying it's related to a discrepancy between his passport and paperwork and is no way related to covid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Here's your man:

https://www.lcfc.com/teams/staff/coaching-staff

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Mistake happen, I'd imagine someone is in the dog house for this.

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

True and its happening all over the world atm due to covid. We're hardly the only sports team to have had issues. It's still a bit embarrassing though. Not quite being 14 seconds late to register a player embarrassing but still. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I promise you it wasn’t something as simple as one digit wrong on a form 

the poles wouldn’t open themselves up to accusations of interfering with the match on the basis of that.  A PL footballer playing a match and returning within 36 hours is not the same as your average traveller. 

Before we start Branding our own...

Living in Germany, having my Own kids & their Close friends travel around Northern Europe.

Poland & other Eastern & Western countries,including UK have also their own entry & in built barrier controls...And any customs around the world,

Right or wrong,logical,illogicil, racist or Not, will have their amusing, hard hypocritocal moments..

5 months ago a Polish Friend was returning After 2 months travelling, with 5 Friends ( 2 colored, 1 Kenyan 1 Nambibian ) 3 got through, without any delay,

The other 2 Yes those 2 africans, were poorly handled & pointedly delayed, the amazing,amusing part,

the custom idiots took Time to recognise they had....

European Passport & had Polish citizenship. They were too busy concentrating  on secondary documents & info.

the 2 " different Travellers ...their Education like their parents were nationalised Polish,After the parents went over on a Medical and Engineering project.

A long time ago...Lets say when the Polish were more open..many red faces & apologies...

& an Apologies to their employers after they got involed.

All Parties decided and agreed to Keep it low-key...Poland has a few spread African projects,

with their own Mixed nationals working years, even before the unification..

Civil-servants World wide, can get too clever, and involved in their individual Agendas.....

That said,  they do more good than bad,& stubborness can be a virtue...

Even know-alls make blunders, man is still far Too busy Catching up with 2021...:jump:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Them

I had a lecturer years (and years and years) ago that always used 'they/them'. It was a bit weird at first but I quickly got used to it... and even started to use that form myself. It's almost second nature to me now. 

Edit: now I think about it, after a walk down memory lane, they actually used 'she' as a non-gender pronoun! Make the point eh?! Way more cool than simply using 'they'. The cognitive effect was much more powerful.

Edited by drumbeat
don't want to derail Nacho thread!

4 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

I had a lecturer years (and years and years) ago that always used 'them'. It was a bit weird at first but I quickly got used to it... and even started to use that form myself. It's almost second nature to me now. Good old Deirdre Wilson, I wonder what she's up to now?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

I had a lecturer years (and years and years) ago that always used 'them'. It was a bit weird at first but I quickly got used to it... and even started to use that form myself. It's almost second nature to me now. Good old Deirdre Wilson, I wonder what she's up to now?

....I wonder what they're up to now. 

Ps I am 62 and all this is weird to me... but am doing my best

12 minutes ago, drumbeat said:

....I wonder what they're up to now. 

Ps I am 62 and all this is weird to me... but am doing my best

Something smells fishy about all of this. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist whatever the reason was for kellechis being denied entry it had to be something serious. if it was improper filling out of information or insufficient documentation the club has access to all the technology beam it over by fax/email/text whatever. The Polish authorities would understand our team are visiting for a very high profile televised game and know small mistakes happen. Surely they don't want to start an international incident we could tit for tat and turn away on of their star players when thy visit for eg. For their to be no compromise at all and a complete refusal of the player well that's just bizarro! Also players documentation is surely handled by a small army of admin people who's job it is to manage this kind of stuff. Hopefully the truth will come out soon. It's embarrassing for everyone involved. :frusty:

7 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Something smells fishy about all of this. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist whatever the reason was for kellechis being denied entry it had to be something serious. if it was improper filling out of information or insufficient documentation the club has access to all the technology beam it over by fax/email/text whatever. The Polish authorities would understand our team are visiting for a very high profile televised game and know small mistakes happen. Surely they don't want to start an international incident we could tit for tat and turn away on of their star players when thy visit for eg. For their to be no compromise at all and a complete refusal of the player well that's just bizarro! Also players documentation is surely handled by a small army of admin people who's job it is to manage this kind of stuff. Hopefully the truth will come out soon. It's embarrassing for everyone involved. :frusty:

Rodgers said he would've needed to go back to the UK to get something, and there wasn't enough time for that. Probably forgotten a visa document or maybe a discrepancy on his application. As a Nigerian national, he won't have visa free travel with any country in Europe. At the end of the day, if he's not filled out his application properly, that's on him, but it's a negative for us as well, obviously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Nigerian_citizens

Edited by Beechey

46 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Rodgers said he would've needed to go back to the UK to get something, and there wasn't enough time for that. Probably forgotten a visa document or maybe a discrepancy on his application. As a Nigerian national, he won't have visa free travel with any country in Europe. At the end of the day, if he's not filled out his application properly, that's on him, but it's a negative for us as well, obviously.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requirements_for_Nigerian_citizens

At International level,where clubs travel regularly, I would of thought these various Sporting clubs,

would work with the the known countries-customs to organise, inform themselves over every Dot & Crossing of Ts needed for every in their European-squad.

and Not travel like your average traveller....They have  months to prepare...

That if something is missing, or a Compromising/false diget  can be Mailed or faxed,within hours of landing...

I am sorry, that my mind Works in 2021, & Not 1821...

Crap from club,crap from Polish-customs...No Player should be Left alone when Handling ALL travelling & Medical documents,Thats clubs responsibility,like

Amy International business...so no Player should take the flak...Nacho for me is free of blame, unless he has 2-3 questionable passports..

Either Club ,und PL- representatives, Plus relevant nations-customs. are simply daft..

That Any failure ,can be remended & worked on within a short time...That

Again I Live technically in 2021...No excuse for mishaps on documentation, that cant be sorted..