Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

3 hours ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

33 goals in 32 games starting together.

The fact Iheanacho should start is irrefutable. However you set up the team, Vardy and Iheanacho must start together. Those figures are pretty remarkable by any standard.

Without doubt they should start together.

I knew he'd drop Iheanacho as soon as Barnes and Maddison were back but unfortunately those two do not offer as much as Iheanacho and Vardy do together. 

• Like 2

When did we all start to love the seniorman? 

I'll be honest, i was seriously underwhelmed for his first couple of years, even overriding what I knew to be beautiful finishes v brentford and Peterborough. I held that man City away fluffed chance against him. 

But for me, i think it was that villa away game. Set vards up for one and clinical finish for the other....and I at last started to appreciate Kels properly. 

Now, he's one of us. Love the guy to bits.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

He's really lazy though?

I think when he was getting that kind of criticism it was reasonable.  Let's not pretend he has always been at this level for us.  He has looked languid and disinterested in the past and left many of us exasperated with him.

He deserves huge credit for turning that around now.  Love it.

• Like 2

He was good today but I’d only give him a 7! His pressing was first class but I felt he should have scored at the start of the second half and had chances to play Vardy in earlier which he took too long over. 

But in some ways that’s a credit to the player because a Nacho 7/10 performance can still help win games. When he’s really on it he can decide them by himself!

Just now, murphy said:

I think when he was getting that kind of criticism it was reasonable.  Let's not pretend he has always been at this level for us.  He has looked languid and disinterested in the past and left many of us exasperated with him.

He deserves huge credit for turning that around now.  Love it.

Was it though? Or is he just one of those players who has that typed of running style. Not doubting he's found a little extra tenacity and of course the confidence from his performances will help that but think people struggle to differentiate somebody's natural demeanour with their attitude. 

Youri looks spent after 5 mins but he's just as strong in the 90th as he was at the start of the game.

Some of the performance related criticism aimed at Iheanacho was reasonable (some definitely not) but I personally have never thought he didn't looked bothered. In fact, it's probably that he cared too much.

Not even close to his best today yet got an assist and generally a threat.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Was it though? Or is he just one of those players who has that typed of running style. Not doubting he's found a little extra tenacity and of course the confidence from his performances will help that but think people struggle to differentiate somebody's natural demeanour with their attitude. 

Youri looks spent after 5 mins but he's just as strong in the 90th as he was at the start of the game.

Some of the performance related criticism aimed at Iheanacho was reasonable (some definitely not) but I personally have never thought he didn't looked bothered. In fact, it's probably that he cared too much.

Not even close to his best today yet got an assist and generally a threat.

Look at him scrapping with Pogba, chasing down Maguire and winning possession for his goal in The Charity Shield.  He's a completely different animal to the passive, head in the clouds player we saw prior to the last year imo.  His Nigeria coach publicly criticised his commitment before dropping him if I remember rightly?  

All this makes his renaissance all the more remarkable and his recent record is outstanding.  I see much more energy and purpose and it's nothing to do with his running style.  It's great to see.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2