Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

I read a Rodgers interview at the beginning of the international break where he stated Iheanacho is a centre forward, not a wide player, not a number 10. His form means he deserves to play so BR has to find a way to play 2 up front.

I don't think we have the players for 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1, we lack the attacking wide players

47 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Do we have the players for 4-3-3 or is it a bit silly to suggest? 

Defensive injuries have made this impossible.

Perhaps Castagne\Perreira,  Evans, Fofana, Justin would make it possible.  Not sure it would suit Soyuncu.

37 minutes ago, majaco said:

Defensive injuries have made this impossible.

Perhaps Castagne\Perreira,  Evans, Fofana, Justin would make it possible.  Not sure it would suit Soyuncu.

Ricky P

Evans

Fofana

Justin

Soumare/Maddison?

Ndidi

Tielemans

Vardy

Daka

Iheanacho

Hypothetically speaking ofcourse I know injuries prevent this lineup currently.

I thought his pressing was magnificent against United. He worked his absolute socks off for the team (not that he was alone in that of course).

Maguire surely will have gone to bed Saturday night, and when he closed his eyes all he would have been able to see is Kelechi chasing him down time and again!

• Like 1

On 17/10/2021 at 09:24, Corky said:

He looks like he belongs in the side instead of being chucked in when Vardy isn't fit/ needs resting. 

Vardy looks far less isolated when Iheanacho is in the team, too.

A criticism of him from me used to be that I didn't think he ever looked happy to be there or that he even wanted to be a footballer. He looked like someone going though the motions, not now. 

What a cracking player he's become, things just happen with him there. 

• Like 2

Other than a couple of times where he probably should have played someone in rather then shooting he was outstanding. Work rate at the right times, but done in a way like he really means it rather than just pretending he's closing down. Got much better at using his body to protect the ball too. 

• Like 2

Think a lot of credit has to go to Rogers and the coaching staff for turning him around. There was a time he looked like a £25m dud with poor touch, no work rate and no obvious place in the team. Now at 25 he’s starting to look a lot more than just the goal scorer we thought we were getting. Only problem he causes is it looks like he’s best suited to two up front which isn’t ideal for Barnes and Lookman.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, brookfox said:

Think a lot of credit has to go to Rogers and the coaching staff for turning him around. There was a time he looked like a £25m dud with poor touch, no work rate and no obvious place in the team. Now at 25 he’s starting to look a lot more than just the goal scorer we thought we were getting. Only problem he causes is it looks like he’s best suited to two up front which isn’t ideal for Barnes and Lookman.

Judging by the weekend we don't need to be playing Barnes and Lookman. Even Kasper described it as our best formation.

Edited by SecretPro