Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

One of the first names on the team sheet. 

People are rightly talking about Salah as one of the best players, if not the best player in the world this year. His stats are:

Played 39

Goals 27 (inc 3 pens)

Assists 7

Iheanacho’s are:

Played 33
Goals 18

Assists 8

So from open play Iheanacho’s record is 26 goal contributions from 33 games (0.787 per game) and Salah’s is 31 from 39 (0.794). Basically nothing in it. Obviously Iheanacho plays Europa League rather than Champions League but even just stripping it back to domestic competition for a fairer like for like actually makes Salah’s stats worse and keeps Iheanacho’s the same.

I can’t be bothered to work out the stats per 90 but they will definitely show that Iheanacho is more prolific even if you throw in Salah’s penalties given that he’s only started about 2/3 of our games this year.

He’s still not getting anywhere near the credit he deserves. He’s having an absolutely elite year, he’s hitting Mahrez 15/16 level numbers in a team that has been in mid-table form this calendar year.

1 hour ago, Jimmy said:

didn't think he played that well today, seemed to have a very heavy touch but he still bagged a couple of assists so he's now having an impact when not on top form which is brilliant

This version of Kelechi is a better touch/control and/or a bit of real pace away from being a genuine, undoubted World Class player, seriously. Those limitations will always prevent him from being the level of a Salah, who someone mentioned earlier, but he has turned into a really special player, regardless. It is funny, he came on the scene at Manchester City as a pure goal scorer, but he has developed back into the player he was at u-17, dropping deep all the time and creating chances, but also a good finisher. I am interested to see how Leicester can incorporate him and Barnes together though, two good young players of similar age, that haven't really been in the team much together.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ttfn said:

One of the first names on the team sheet. 

People are rightly talking about Salah as one of the best players, if not the best player in the world this year. His stats are:

Played 39

Goals 27 (inc 3 pens)

Assists 7

Iheanacho’s are:

Played 33
Goals 18

Assists 8

So from open play Iheanacho’s record is 26 goal contributions from 33 games (0.787 per game) and Salah’s is 31 from 39 (0.794). Basically nothing in it. Obviously Iheanacho plays Europa League rather than Champions League but even just stripping it back to domestic competition for a fairer like for like actually makes Salah’s stats worse and keeps Iheanacho’s the same.

I can’t be bothered to work out the stats per 90 but they will definitely show that Iheanacho is more prolific even if you throw in Salah’s penalties given that he’s only started about 2/3 of our games this year.

He’s still not getting anywhere near the credit he deserves. He’s having an absolutely elite year, he’s hitting Mahrez 15/16 level numbers in a team that has been in mid-table form this calendar year.

Was thinking this as well, his stats are incredible - I think he has the best if not among the best record for goals/assists per minute in the past few months. His form is Messi-esque, and that's backed up by the facts.

So underrated by mainstream media currently. 

• Like 1

Any coincidence he's not getting many chances to score this season as opposed to last season it was he who got the chances and Vardy was the supplier. Have we tweaked the way he's playing? I noticed Vardy for example isn't being pushed out wide as much when paired with Iheanacho.

I thought he was good again today. Probably a 7 or 8 out of 10 performance. I think he should have worked the keeper better with one of his chances, but his all round play was really good. Made a key pass so TIelemans could slot through to Daka and was once again very creative up front.

His consistency is the most pleasing part of his play. He's good in every game at the moment.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...