Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Sadly he seems to have reverted to pre-hot-streak Kelechi. He has been shockingly bad in his recent cameo appearances. Not sure what Brendan is supposed to do - would you seriously play him ahead of Vardy or Daka ?? I would cash in and use the money for a defender. I find him annoyingly inconsistent 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc67 said:

Sadly he seems to have reverted to pre-hot-streak Kelechi. He has been shockingly bad in his recent cameo appearances. Not sure what Brendan is supposed to do - would you seriously play him ahead of Vardy or Daka ?? I would cash in and use the money for a defender. I find him annoyingly inconsistent 

It could be that not getting a look in - after being top goal scorer and nearly single handedly saving our season last year - has put his confidence back to pre hot streak levels. Feel sorry for the bloke to be honest.

I have absolutely no issue with Nacho looking rusty, missing chances or lacking in a bit of confidence given how things have gone this season. That's totally understandable. He is the type of player for who that extra few % sharpness really makes a difference to his performance level.

Where I would criticise him last night, was his attitude and demeanor. A couple of times half decent balls were spun into a channel for him, and rather than bust a gut, he jogged after it, half heartedly pressed the defender, and allowed them to feed the ball into midfield unchallenged. This at a time where we were coming under increasing pressure where stemming the tide by whatever means was important.

I get why he might not be at full sharpness technically due to lack of the on the pitch and a lack of confidence for which Rodgers absolutely takes his share of blame, but I'd still expect him to pull his weight off the ball even if struggling in other areas of his game.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Barely played in months so was going to be rusty. Last season he would have taken that chance on his right but the confidence has gone because of what is, let's face it, abysmal man management of him.

save for a 4 month purple patch this is the Nacho we have seen in the main, there is a reason many managers haven't fancied him as first choice

• Like 3

8 hours ago, lcfc sheff said:

How can he be motivated with the way brendan manages him? 

As much as I love the bloke to remain in our team, he deserves so much better than what Rodgers is giving him. I would be delighted for him if he can move on to another PL team as a starter - I would then be angry at Rodgers.

• Like 2

Hes looked good when he’s played alongside Daka in the relatively few times they’ve played together.

3 goals and 5 assists per in ~900 minutes this season 

Non-Penalty Goals 0.57

npxG 0.39

Shots Total 3.00

Assists 0.31

xA 0.24

npxG+xA 0.64

Shot-Creating Actions 3.00

Passes Attempted 32.13

Pass Completion % 78.2%

Progressive Passes 2.07

Progressive Carries 3.71

Dribbles Completed 1.72

Touches (Att Pen) 4.94

Progressive Passes Rec 9.45

Pressures 16.24

Tackles 1.06

Interceptions 0.35

Blocks 0.97

Clearances 0.22

Aerials won 0.84

(On mobile so not sure how that table has formatted) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy said:

to play him we have to play a system that basically suits no one other than him, he isn't good enough to justify that, we should have sold in the summer and invested elsewhere

I think he'd be a great fit in a 433 which is far better than Rodgers persistent 5 (or plan B as it could be referred to also).

Neither has he had the opportunity to be seen in any other system really so we're just basing it all on presumptions he'd be ineffective in a different system. He could hardly do a worse job than Perez and Lookman could he and they've been given ample opportunity to shine. If he can score 12 goals on one season I think that's a decent starting point. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I think he'd be a great fit in a 433 which is far better than Rodgers persistent 5 (or plan B as it could be referred to also).

Neither has he had the opportunity to be seen in any other system really so we're just basing it all on presumptions he'd be ineffective in a different system. He could hardly do a worse job than Perez and Lookman could he and they've been given ample opportunity to shine. If he can score 12 goals on one season I think that's a decent starting point. 

I'm all for giving him a try on the right of a 433 bit it seems like Brendan has decided he can't play there

• Like 1