Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

45 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

With a mask mandate in place and the fella part of a PL bubble, this insta post does beg the question just how intelligent some players are ….

37 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Mask up you absolute Muppet 🤬

It is an old photo 

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Jimmy said:

I'm all for giving him a try on the right of a 433 bit it seems like Brendan has decided he can't play there

I was thinking more centre of a fluid 3. Vardy left (from where he last season assisted Iheanacho so well), with Daka to his right. There's also Barnes to consider on the left and Maddison if it needed changing. 

There would always be a solid 3 behind them to protect a vulnerable back 4 rather than Rodger's suicidal 2 that always seems to get overrun anyway. Maddison could be one of the midfield 3 if attacking a lesser team. It's what we do best. Not sit back and play ping pong.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I was thinking more centre of a fluids 3. Vardy left (from where he last season assisted Iheanacho so well), with Daka to his right. There's also Barnes to consider on the left and Maddison if it needed changing. 

There would always be a solid 3 behind them to protect a vulnerable back 4 rather than Rodger's suicidal 2 that always seems to get overrun anyway. Maddison could be one of the midfield 3 if attacking a lesser team. It's what we do best. Not sit back and play ping pong.

we've tried him in the middle of a 433 before when Vardy was out, it flopped big time

4 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

When was that? Was it a long time ago for one match and had he been playing much prior to it?

You can't just bring a player off the bench without any prior football and suddenly expect them to perform and be up to speed in a new system.

How many times in the last 3 seasons has Perez played and been fairly gash yet some on here see it as a renaissance when he eventually has one decent game, even the law of averages suggests he can't be that bad all of the time. A game fairly full of losing the ball and stray passes yet, one good bit of individual skill or a good pass and his apologists look upon it as a sign of better things to come.

Prior to last season, Iheanacho, despite scoring in the odd cup competition when picked, had never had the run of several full games that I can remember like Perez for example but the latter was Rodger's 30m 'man'.

After Iheanacho's performances last season, whereby even Rodgers daren't drop him, he was again relegated to the subs bench again without any real explanation. Even if we brought him on now, it would take a little while for him to get up to speed again after nearly half a season of virtually nothing. People, just imo, seem to get ravelled up in tactics or supposed systems which get set in stone. When we even mention 433 for example, different teams like Liverpool  Real Madrid and even Southampton have employed such a formation in totally different ways in the past but always commensurate with the playing staff that they've had available to them and playing to their strengths.

On the particular occasion you've mentioned Iheanacho played in the centre in the past, were the particular tactics employed on that day suitable or because of a one off seemingly bad game, do we right him off altogether? Vardy for example had been fairly poor for example but we didn't write him off because we know him to be a prolific goalscorer. So was Iheanacho last season with far less full games, did he not deserve a chance? Rodgers tactics have hardly been mind blowing, his performances have carried over from his shite from last season, perhaps he needs a bit of time on the sidelines not Iheanacho. 

God bless you

• Haha 1

Rodgers has been performing terribly for almost a year now, yet people come to his defence saying "how could you possibly want him gone, he won us our first FA cup". I would counteract that by saying that our best player in our FA cup run was this man Iheanacho, who he clearly doesnt favour and doesnt see him in his plans. Fair play to Rodgers for playing our first XI in the later stages of our FA cup run, but i wouldnt go as far to say he 'won us the FA cup', if anyone won us the FA cup it was Iheanacho, yet the same people who would run up a wall saying that Rodgers is untouchable for all he's achieved here, are also writing Iheancho off after a few bad performances after getting covid and being unfairly sidelined.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Rodgers has been performing terribly for almost a year now, yet people come to his defence saying "how could you possibly want him gone, he won us our first FA cup". I would counteract that by saying that our best player in our FA cup run was this man Iheanacho, who he clearly doesnt favour and doesnt see him in his plans. Fair play to Rodgers for playing our first XI in the later stages of our FA cup run, but i wouldnt go as far to say he 'won us the FA cup', if anyone won us the FA cup it was Iheanacho, yet the same people who would run up a wall saying that Rodgers is untouchable for all he's achieved here, are also writing Iheancho off after a few bad performances after getting covid and being unfairly sidelined.

It a team game no one person won the FA Cup, not Youri, not Nacho or the manager.

Win as a team, lose as a team.

• Like 3

Iheanacho is not a player who will follow orders , so Rodgers probably finds him frustrating. He can do little for 80 minutes and then turn a match. I'm sure defenders hate him because he is so unpredictable. Those moments of inspiration are still a valuable weapon. Can we afford to carry him for most of a match knowing that a genius moment could swing a game? I think we can.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

I was thinking more centre of a fluids 3. Vardy left (from where he last season assisted Iheanacho so well), with Daka to his right. There's also Barnes to consider on the left and Maddison if it needed changing. 

That's the way Liverpool play with their most potent attackers wider with Firmino in the middle coming deep and holding the ball. I think Nacho can definitely play the Firmino role and Vardy can play on the left with Barnes/Daka possibly on the right. The problem is our fullbacks. For Liverpool they provide the width. Prime JJ and Ricky could do that job, but I don't think Luke or Timmy can. Overall with all our attacking talent i think its something we can try instead of 5 at the back.

• Like 2

Rodgers is absolutely to blame for this situation. No reason we couldn't have been more versatile and played a 41212 more or accommodate both kelechi and vardy, it's completely possible. Rodgers is just too stubborn to do it. His ego would get hurt 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Rodgers is absolutely to blame for this situation. No reason we couldn't have been more versatile and played a 41212 more or accommodate both kelechi and vardy, it's completely possible. Rodgers is just too stubborn to do it. His ego would get hurt 

Think he's been hit by the return to form of Maddison. But should definitely have been utilised way way more.

3 hours ago, sm1 said:

That's the way Liverpool play with their most potent attackers wider with Firmino in the middle coming deep and holding the ball. I think Nacho can definitely play the Firmino role and Vardy can play on the left with Barnes/Daka possibly on the right. The problem is our fullbacks. For Liverpool they provide the width. Prime JJ and Ricky could do that job, but I don't think Luke or Timmy can. Overall with all our attacking talent i think its something we can try instead of 5 at the back.

Vardy can’t run for shit these days, he couldn’t play the Mane or Salah role.

Our problem is putting Nacho in means leaving out another good player as well as changing our style. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Babylon said:

Our problem is putting Nacho in means leaving out another good player as well as changing our style. 

It’s annoying Rodgers tried a 433 with Maddison on the right and hasn’t with Iheanacho. 

Barnes - Daka - Iheanacho 

Looks excellent on paper to me.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

also Firminho is better than Nacho

• Like 3
  • Haha 1