Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

On 24/12/2021 at 22:38, Devonfox1884 said:

I just feel that, while Rodgers is manager and isn’t forced into a back 3/front 2, Kel will be a bit part player for us.

Possibly an unpopular opinion but I’d look to sell him while his stock is still quite high - I’m convinced we could get £30m for him and that could fund a couple of signings to bolster the squad.

I don’t necessarily want him gone by any stretch, but we’re wasting him and his value at the minute.

We were a striker short before Daka came, if we sold Nacho we would need to replace him in my opinion.  Plus I rate Nacho now, he has come good after a rough start. 

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

We were a striker short before Daka came, if we sold Nacho we would need to replace him in my opinion.  Plus I rate Nacho now, he has come good after a rough start. 

Get what you’re saying for sure. But put it this way, if we’re going to play in a formation with only one striker, do you think Nacho is the type of player to lead the line well on his own? I have my doubts - but I think he’s a very good secondary striker, as he showed in the second half of last season.

Issue being, to play a front 2 we have to compromise on formation which doesn’t get the best out of many of our players, or means leaving them out altogether (particularly Barnes).

So yes, if we were to sell Nacho we might need another striker in. But it wouldn’t be a like for like replacement as I think the profile of attacker we’d go for would be very different to that of Nacho. 

Like I said before I don’t actively want him gone at all, I just don’t see how he fits long-term and will have 2 years left on his contract at the end of the season - so a decision needs to be made soon.

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

5 starts, 2 goals & 4 assists in the league this season. “Cash in on him!!!” lol 

Mr End Product 

Don't get it. Vardy won't play every week, Daka is still unproven (looks a great prospect here though), Iheanacho has great statistics.

We've got a fantastic strikeforce, why reduce it?

10 minutes ago, Corky said:

Don't get it. Vardy won't play every week, Daka is still unproven (looks a great prospect here though), Iheanacho has great statistics.

We've got a fantastic strikeforce, why reduce it?

Daka and Iheanacho have looked fantastic together when they’ve played 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Daka and Iheanacho have looked fantastic together when they’ve played 

They have, and I think Daka will be a success here but we don't know what he'll be like with a long run of games.

I was more making the point that there's no justification, as you alluded to as well, for getting rid of Iheanacho.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, turlo said:

Good confidence booster to get a goal and a couple of assists. Start him as a 9 against the bin dippers if Vardy is still an injury risk.

My thoughts entirely. If Daka is out for a few weeks, why even risk Vardy from the start if there's the slightest risk of hamstring problems? That's the beauty of having 3 really good strikers. We'd be complete numpties to sell Iheanacho even for 40m. Vardy has probably one full season left after this if that. We could get longer if we use him sparingly. 

• Like 3

To Rodgers the only way for Nacho to play is in a 3-5-2 and he doesn't like the formation.

TBF there's been 3 or 4 games where the ball has bounced off him and he's looked a shadow of the player who banged in 15 goals in a few games last season but I think he's at the stage in his career here where you play him because he MIGHT produce something not because he WILL.