Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

5 minutes ago, iancognito said:

To Rodgers the only way for Nacho to play is in a 3-5-2 and he doesn't like the formation.

TBF there's been 3 or 4 games where the ball has bounced off him and he's looked a shadow of the player who banged in 15 goals in a few games last season but I think he's at the stage in his career here where you play him because he MIGHT produce something not because he WILL.

What's strange to me is that Rodgers almost won the league with a 4-1-2-1-2 at liverpool and has tried it out here as well, you would think it would be one of his preferred formations. If i remember correctly he hasnt used it since that Norwich game where he hooked iheancho of at half time in 19/20, although some on here have written off the formation so maybe ive forgotten a couple games. Still i would love to see us try it with an ndidi, soumare/kdh, tielemans, maddison midfield diamond.

Edited by honeybradger

Just now, honeybradger said:

What's strange to me is that Rodgers almost won the league with a 4-1-2-1-2 at liverpool and has tried it out here as well. If i remember correctly he hasnt used it since that Norwich game where he hooked iheancho of at half time in 19/20, although some on here have written off the formation so maybe ive forgotten a couple games. Still i would love to see us try it with an ndidi, soumare/kdh, tielemans, maddison midfield diamond.

Played it in the first half against Liverpool in the league cup match when we hammered them, albeit with Ndidi at centre-half. Also, when we turned around the game to beat them 3-1. 

He was forced to change it on Wednesday. with the injury to Soyuncu. 

I'd like us to play that way vs Liverpool, with Ihenacho and Vardy up front. 

We've got so much quality in the middle of the pack, and Castagne with Thomas have the engines to provide width. 

9 minutes ago, iancognito said:

To Rodgers the only way for Nacho to play is in a 3-5-2 and he doesn't like the formation.

TBF there's been 3 or 4 games where the ball has bounced off him and he's looked a shadow of the player who banged in 15 goals in a few games last season but I think he's at the stage in his career here where you play him because he MIGHT produce something not because he WILL.

Probably down to confidence of being out the team again. He was like that last season, before he was given a run of games, where he'd come on and look awful but still score the occasional goal (Fulham away + the cups) Rodgers needs to find a way of playing him more often within his preferred system or variation of it, rather than only playing him in a 3 5 2 (shite formation for us)

• Like 1

If we didn’t have Iheanacho Rodgers would have long been out of a job. There’s no FA cup without Iheanacho and without an FA Cup trophy, Rodgers has no credit in the bank.

Tielemans isn’t here for ever, without any additions I think something like this could have legs.

Barnes     Daka     Iheanacho 

KDH      Maddison

Ndidi

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If we didn’t have Iheanacho Rodgers would have long been out of a job. There’s no FA cup without Iheanacho and without an FA Cup trophy, Rodgers has no credit in the bank.

Tielemans isn’t here for ever, without any additions I think something like this could have legs.

KDH      Maddison

Ndidi

Got to say the number of people who are putting Daka ahead of Vardy in these lineups is utter madness when Vardy's been getting a goal every 1.5 games this season, but Vardy always gets bizarrely written off whenever we have a new toy,

Just now, Sampson said:

Got to say the number of people who are putting Daka ahead of Vardy in these lineups is utter madness when Vardy's been getting a goal every 1.5 games this season, but Vardy always gets bizarrely written off whenever we have a new toy,

Vardy’s fantastic when he’s scoring, when he doesn’t score he’s just not involved. Given he’s scoring in half of our games, we can’t carry a player that offers little else (which is natural and to be expected given his age).

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

KDH      Maddison

Ndidi

Although I agree there’s no fa cup without him you’re then your sticking him out on the wing, he’s a striker  - can’t play out wide otherwise he would have done at some point in his career already. That’s the reason why he never played in a 433 when vardys fit. 

3 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Although I agree there’s no fa cup without him you’re then your sticking him out on the wing, he’s a striker  - can’t play out wide otherwise he would have done at some point in his career already. That’s the reason why he never played in a 433 when vardys fit. 

He obviously wouldn’t be a hug the touch line winger. Some.

of our best football under Rodgers came with Perez at RE and he’s not a conventional winger. When we’ve played 433 recently with Maddison at RW he’s looked fine and again - plays more centrally.

Iheanacho drops deep, links the play and gets us up the pitch, especially if we had Barnes and Daka getting in behind - his deeper, central positions would add great balance.