Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

39 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

He’s been given no chances. Surely the debate about Nacho was out to bed last year and today he gets a start and produces two goals and an assist. This agenda has to stop - we have a player that rescued our season last year and some people are still determined to slate him despite his stats being off the chart. Madness.

He was totally toilet on Wednesday night. Poor against Arsenal and Chelsea. Then out because of COVID. I like him but he’s been poor since probably Man U at home when he was my MOTM

16 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

He's started 8 games this season and has 3 goals and 7 assists. Hardly woeful! Just needs games (which he never gets). 

As I’ve said elsewhere he’s had a very patchy spell of form. Then been out with COVID. 

Today was a rarity as he did it up upfront on his own. Something he’s absolutely failed to do here and gives us something of a problem.

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He was totally toilet on Wednesday night. Poor against Arsenal and Chelsea. Then out because of COVID. I like him but he’s been poor since probably Man U at home when he was my MOTM

A lot of strikers have bad games mate - but over a long stretch he has regularly contributed goals and assists. Personally, I would be interested to see him play centrally with Barnes and Daka either side - I think he’s the best CF we have at linking play and we could use wide men to stretch the game.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Vardy’s fantastic when he’s scoring, when he doesn’t score he’s just not involved. Given he’s scoring in half of our games, we can’t carry a player that offers little else (which is natural and to be expected given his age).

****ing hell, I can't believe a Leicester fan actually wrote those words. You sound like an Arsenal fan. Vardy is soo good at creating space and opportunities for others.

No idea why people think Daka is suddenly this all round superstar who deserves to start ahead of Vardy.

4 hours ago, Sampson said:

****ing hell, I can't believe a Leicester fan actually wrote those words. You sound like an Arsenal fan. Vardy is soo good at creating space and opportunities for others.

No idea why people think Daka is suddenly this all round superstar who deserves to start ahead of Vardy.

you said it yourself its the shiny new toy syndrome, once Daka misses a big chance to win a match people will be asking why we aren't starting possibly our greatest ever striker instead of him

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, peterborofox said:

Have said it before and will say it again. 

Since about March he should have been the first name on the team sheet.

Criminally under used imo, just to try and get other players into our system

Especially when we’ve been so shite and others have been individually poor, keep him in the team. Has a fantastic goals to games ratio 

• Like 1

2 out of Nacho, Vardy and Daka.

Defence once most fit will pick itself and it’s inevitable we will use wingbacks.

We took off a striker/ front man today then scored 3 goals. (with wingbacks)

Despite being on fire Iheanacho was dropped and Daka absent to accommodate Barnes when back from injury.

Nacho in particular offers far more than HB Imo 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Ok, have a nice Christmas.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

With Nacho, Daka and Vardy we are always going to score goals.

We need all 3.

27 minutes ago, Mark said:

And yet the problem as always is they are all central players and therefore all three thrive when the other two are not playing.

If/when we have a fit and available full squad we could play a 3-5-2 formation, rotating 2 out of the 3 strikers picked depending on form and opposition. I know some are not keen on the 3/5 at the back formation but it helps us get two central strikers on the pitch at the same time.

28 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

If/when we have a fit and available full squad we could play a 3-5-2 formation, rotating 2 out of the 3 strikers picked depending on form and opposition. I know some are not keen on the 3/5 at the back formation but it helps us get two central strikers on the pitch at the same time.

Only when we have our best wing back fit, in Riccardo and Justin.

1 hour ago, Mark said:

And yet the problem as always is they are all central players and therefore all three thrive when the other two are not playing.

Worse problem to have.

We have seen Vardy and Daka work together well at Liverpool.

Nacho and Vardy played well together last season.

12 hours ago, Devonfox1884 said:

Get what you’re saying for sure. But put it this way, if we’re going to play in a formation with only one striker, do you think Nacho is the type of player to lead the line well on his own? I have my doubts - but I think he’s a very good secondary striker, as he showed in the second half of last season.

Issue being, to play a front 2 we have to compromise on formation which doesn’t get the best out of many of our players, or means leaving them out altogether (particularly Barnes).

So yes, if we were to sell Nacho we might need another striker in. But it wouldn’t be a like for like replacement as I think the profile of attacker we’d go for would be very different to that of Nacho. 

Like I said before I don’t actively want him gone at all, I just don’t see how he fits long-term and will have 2 years left on his contract at the end of the season - so a decision needs to be made soon.

He isnt, but then again I think we should be playing more than one striker and even if we dont we will change the shape at least sometimes, if you setup a squad for a rigid formation, it will eventually get undone.

2 hours ago, Mark said:

Not necessarily. Iheanacho scored most of his goals last season with Vardy to his left. Vardy is far from a one trick pony and has often in the past pulled out to the left taking defenders with him. Daka also seems quite versatile and his movement off the ball is good to watch and very deceptive at times. Agreed he seems at home more centrally but he also takes up good positions on the right.