Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

19 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

Only reason we’d sell him cos we have a clueless manager. He creates so many chances for others. 

Indeed, same reason we had no choice but to offload Praet.  You can't simply be a mid-table side that buries accomplished international players in the reserves - that shlt doesn't fly.  Kelechi has been a paragon of patience by never publicly expressing his displeasure, but even that won't last forever.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers finds it easy to drop certain players....

And almost impossible to drop others (Maddison, Barnes... albeit Maddison has been on fire lately TBH, but the amount of faith Rodgers put in him when he was shite is in stark contract with Iheanacho).

I genuinely am baffled by Nacho's omission from the team (Covid or not). Today, against his former team that brought him through, where we were expected to just collapse - and had - he stepped up and provided a good performance. 

Thankless task for the lad and he needs to be shown the love he deserves. Vardy isn't gonna last much longer and we have a PROVEN goal scorer in Nacho. I cannot understand why he isn't being given a great big pat on the back and told "keep Vardy out of the team, I dare you"

• Like 2

Not saying this is fair or that I agree but I think a main reason why Ihenacho doesn't play as much is the defensive side of his game.

There can be lack of game intelligence, he gives away too many easy fouls when pressuring opposition defenders. He doesn't press as well as Daka and we saw today his lack of defensive nous at corners (although no way he should have been defending against their biggest threats so the system is to blame as well). 

But his attacking qualities are fantastic and rather he plays than Barnes. 

We should play either the diamond or 3-5-2 moving forward so we can get him into the team. He also links up well with Maddison. 

10 hours ago, Stadt said:

79 90s, 43 Goals and 23 assists for us now. Absolutely incredible numbers.

Shame Rodgers would rather persist with one up front just to get Barnes in the side.

Iheanacho/Vardy should be our main partnership. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Today was his chance to stick it to BR and cement his place until at least Vardy gets fit. Apart from his goal he looked completely uninterested. What is going on with our players. All of them look like they don't want to be on that pitch. 

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Today was his chance to stick it to BR and cement his place until at least Vardy gets fit. Apart from his goal he looked completely uninterested. What is going on with our players. All of them look like they don't want to be on that pitch. 

Kel has NEVER performed up top on his own - another poor call  from the manager …..

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

'Apart from his goal' ... This is exactly what he's supposed to do. 

Just now, hejammy said:

So a mistake by a goal keeper (albeit a great finish) makes it alright to be disinterested in the game or have a terrible game? 

Terrible game? Plenty of nice touches and hold up play in the first half but when you're isolated, what do you expect him to do?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Our attack is the last thing we need to be worrying about. Kelechi + Daka with Maddison actually looks solid on paper whereas i have no idea what's going on at he other end of the pitch at the moment. One thing i will stand by is i prefer kelechi to barnes/lookman, whilst they are both good players i think iheanacho has more to him

Edited by honeybradger