Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I do think both him and Daka would benefit playing together, not sure why Rodgers has opted not to do this much recently.

I agree they play better together! I do think if Brendan is still here in the summer then kelechi will be gone.

1 minute ago, NewquayFox said:

Said the same about Daka, Rodgers should play them as a 2 if we play wingbacks, so many crosses are wasted with 2 wingers… 

Tbh it doesn’t have to be the end of playing wingers we can still play a variant of 442. But like you say mostly more suitable with wingbacks 

• Like 1

Rodgers treatment of him has been awful, I feel sorry for Nacho. We'd have finished a damn site lower in the league without his goals last season. And still, all he gets this season even when we've not been playing well is cameos where he's on his own in a system that doesn't suit him at all.

Please get him on in a 2. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heathrow fox said:

Would love to know how many times Barnes passes to him.Never would be my guess.Sure I’m wrong but that’s how it looks to me whenever I really concentrate on a game.

Would love to know how many times Barnes passes to anybody. Has become very greedy on the ball. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sankey93 said:

I agree they play better together! I do think if Brendan is still here in the summer then kelechi will be gone.

.. he has extended his contract after all that has happened with game time and form!!!

He is not looking to go anywhere, any time soon. His stop start playing time cannot be good for anyone, but he obviously feels happy here to an extent and Wilf is around and sounds like he (Wilf) has settled down with his family and University degree now put on hold with having the baby.

Sometimes a balanced and happy life, surpasses the upheaval that can be a players career. 

Seems like he’s fell back down the pecking order again. His contribution at the end of last season was crucial for us and I would of thought he would of gotten more minutes this season especially with Vardy out. I have nothing against Daka because I really like the lad but I don’t see why Nacho isn’t starting considering we know his goal scoring capabilities. I’m so surprised Brendan hasn’t tried playing Nacho up top with Daka, or at least try him in the number 10 role as he doesn’t mind coming deep to collect the ball and he isn’t that bad at holding it up.

• Like 1

The fact that he's not an undisputed starter now with vardy out is ridiculous. If it weren't for his key goals these last two seasons especially the last we wouldn't have won the fa cup or got to 5th. Rodgers lack of pragmatism and particularness with certain players especially kelechi is ridiculous. The guy deserves much better treatment. I just hope to God we don't hand Rodgers the keys over in summer and that he sells him. He surely would. Rodgers is incredibly hard headed and arrogant and it makes itself manifest in kelechis case very clearly. Free kelechi and shame on Rodgers. He's not pragmatic enough to change his damn system that hasn't even been working for a quality striker when our normal starter is out. And kel isn't just goals, he's good at holding the ball up and playing it through the lines. Has good vision. His style in unorthodox yes but he's effective when a manager instills confidence in him 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Ideal signing for Newcastle.At least to get them to the next level.

Im not sure they would want to play two up front. Kelechi is in a weird position where he's clearly a very good player under the right circumstances but there arent many teams who play with 2 up front that would be able to accomodate him.