Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

If we play Nacho in a 2 won’t we have to lose Barnes, Lookman &/or Maddison and potential play 3 at the back? That’s not just a little tweak to starting 11 to fit him in.

He doesn’t have the pace of Vardy and Daka to play the lone fox against the majority of sides but can against the low block sides which is when we see him coupled with sub appearances  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

Would love to know how many times Barnes passes to anybody. Has become very greedy on the ball. 

I've noticed thos as well. Particularly shooting when he is completely crowded out. 

Don't get me wrong, I think there is an argument to be made for his direct style these days but there is no arguing that he misses good passes by not looking for them. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. he has extended his contract after all that has happened with game time and form!!!

He is not looking to go anywhere, any time soon. His stop start playing time cannot be good for anyone, but he obviously feels happy here to an extent and Wilf is around and sounds like he (Wilf) has settled down with his family and University degree now put on hold with having the baby.

Sometimes a balanced and happy life, surpasses the upheaval that can be a players career. 

I don’t want him gone mate I like him but I don’t think Rodgers does hense why I said if Brendan still here in the summer he will be gone with the rumours a big rebuild.

54 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

If we play Nacho in a 2 won’t we have to lose Barnes, Lookman &/or Maddison and potential play 3 at the back? That’s not just a little tweak to starting 11 to fit him in.

He doesn’t have the pace of Vardy and Daka to play the lone fox against the majority of sides but can against the low block sides which is when we see him coupled with sub appearances  

There are opportunities where he could be played as a number 10 when Madders needs resting or is out of form. Randers and teams like Burnley are opportunities where he could play that role, as they play more direct and less chance of overrunning our midfield. Agree with the points about switching to a 2 striker system, although there are scenarios where a 4 4 2 diamond can be v effective or spring a tactical surprise on the opposition. 

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Our leading assister in all competitions this season with 9...despite not getting enough minutes.

But then ran offside on I think 3 occasions, and that's why he may not get that place, he needs to polish up his runs but I agree needs more game time

Intelligent double sub from Rodgers and a good showing from Iheanacho today. Dropping Albrighton to RB gave us a more natural balance on the right side defensively, and Lookman carries significantly more threat than Albrighton going forward. It also better balanced our attack on both sides as Barnes and Lookman both linked up well with Iheanacho and worked some nice openings. Iheanacho's hold-up play and a few tidy touches enabled us to do that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

Intelligent double sub from Rodgers and a good showing from Iheanacho today. Dropping Albrighton to RB gave us a more natural balance on the right side defensively, and Lookman carries significantly more threat than Albrighton going forward. It also better balanced our attack on both sides as Barnes and Lookman both linked up well with Iheanacho and worked some nice openings. Iheanacho's hold-up play and a few tidy touches enabled us to do that.

you wonder why he didn't start like that instead of trying to be clever, granted it worked in the end but I'm sure we can do a lot more.

Nacho should play every prem league game

• Like 3

12 hours ago, splinterdream said:

But then ran offside on I think 3 occasions, and that's why he may not get that place, he needs to polish up his runs but I agree needs more game time

Not as simple as that. You can see that he tries to make intelligent runs all the time. But his teammates were slow in picking him or on more occasions his runs are just missed. In a better team, Nacho would be scoring for fun. Here, instead, he gets offsides (because his teammates were too slow in making that pass) and unfortunately unfair criticisms from fans … such as your criticism above …

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Not as simple as that. You can see that he tries to make intelligent runs all the time. But his teammates were slow in picking him or on more occasions his runs are just missed. In a better team, Nacho would be scoring for fun. Here, instead, he gets offsides (because his teammates were too slow in making that pass) and unfortunately unfair criticisms from fans … such as your criticism above …

Then why does Vardy not have the same issue?

sure he is offsides from time to time, but it seems like Nacho is always being flagged for it.

He still needs to work on his touch, was excellent on the Barnes pass because he just had to keep the ball moving.

But when played up to him late in the game he messed up and the chance was gone.

He needs to get to a Wall, keep kicking the ball against it and dealing with it the rebound as it comes back to him.

There's no better way to sharpen up your touch.

But done the business when came on and I doubt we will let him go unless it's for big money .

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

His 1st touch is absolutely disgusting at the minute, good assist but you can't play up top on your own with a touch like that.

As well as giving away cheap free kicks. Astounded at the calls for him to play more. He was 2/10 away at Randers. Rodgers is using him fine at the mo