Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

4 hours ago, marbles said:

Then why does Vardy not have the same issue?

sure he is offsides from time to time, but it seems like Nacho is always being flagged for it.

Not sure what games you’ve been watching this season but Vardy is offside all the time. It’s one of the things I have been critical of him for this season.

41 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

As well as giving away cheap free kicks. Astounded at the calls for him to play more. He was 2/10 away at Randers. Rodgers is using him fine at the mo 

He's not using him fine, he either needs to use him in a front 2 or at least in the sort of support striker role or don't use him at all. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, shiv said:

Not sure what games you’ve been watching this season but Vardy is offside all the time. It’s one of the things I have been critical of him for this season.

He hasn’t played in months.

Guess I was just so happy to see him back, I forgot about the bad.

4 minutes ago, marbles said:

He hasn’t played in months.

Guess I was just so happy to see him back, I forgot about the bad.

... the likelihood is that Vardy is over compensating for what he believes is a drop in speed over a short distance!!!

We do see Daka now going offside constantly, when one of his best feature was keeping himself on side at all times. I know he looks up to Vardy and how he plays, but try to emulate him, and you will end up losing yourself. 

A prime example of trying to replicate another player in order to develop was Theo Walcott, what ever is said about him now, does him an injustice. A terrific player who sought to incorporate Henry's and other wingers style of play but forgot what it was that made him such a protégé.

To have gone to the World Cup at his age, and not to be used even to get a 5 minute run out was criminal by the then England manager and that must have affected him to a degree.

In the end he became confused as to where he was better suited on the pitch, but he needed direction but seemed to have been left to his own devices.

2 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

If Maddison isn’t available, Nacho should play. He’s genuinely so underrated given how productive he is when he gets a decent chunk of playing time. I’d love to have an honest conversation with Rodgers and understand why he doesn’t rate him. 

Iheanacho is unlike any other striker in the PL. Rodgers can't get him to follow team orders. He can look clumsy, and distracted and then produce a moment of extraordinary skill seemingly out of nowhere. He is totally unpredictable and that can be a nightmare for defenders.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

If Maddison isn’t available, Nacho should play. He’s genuinely so underrated given how productive he is when he gets a decent chunk of playing time. I’d love to have an honest conversation with Rodgers and understand why he doesn’t rate him. 

Simply because he doesn’t fit the system which is fast becoming an issue for Maddison also as Rodgers highlighted the #10 slot can’t be filled in a 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3 formation which is the formations that’s given us couple of clean sheets & made us a little more solid/compact recently.

I know many posters will say you can play x,y,z formation to get him  in, but there’s the issue your trying to get him in for him, not the team, who drops to accommodate a 2 up front, where does your attacking threat come from as in who’s bringing the ball to him without exposing a hole?

There’s no beef between the pair I imagine he rates him highly but he’s not Vardy or got the speed of Daka.

He’s used when we have to play against those low blocking sides or to change / provide something different during a game which is the #1 point of the bench.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Iheanacho is unlike any other striker in the PL. Rodgers can't get him to follow team orders. He can look clumsy, and distracted and then produce a moment of extraordinary skill seemingly out of nowhere. He is totally unpredictable and that can be a nightmare for defenders.

He's unique. He's got this charm about him which is unique to him, both as a personality as a player and as a man. Love a player like him. Makes the best of whatever there is and is a big game player 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, adam95581 said:

It may be a case of Rodgers’ own conservatism. Not sure. Love to know his honest thoughts too.

In the Man City game against Man U, Man City played KDB, Mahrez, Grealish and Foden all at the same time. Not sure these players are known for their defensive capabilities. In any event, my point is that to us, this is like starting Vardy, Daka/Barnes, Nacho and Maddison all at the same time. We know Rodgers does not do that. If he is at Man City, we may never see KDB, Mahrez, Grealish and Foden all starting at the same time because he wants “balance” and he wants at least 7 defensive outfield players on the pitch all the times.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, adam95581 said:

That last sentence really should be a hotkey.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Interesting graph that - shows where we might be had Vardy, Maddison and Barnes not had injury struggles and spells on the side line. Shows Daka has overall adapted very well. And shows Iheanacho has perhaps been under utilised.

If we can have a sustained period with all 5 of those players fit, and with the defence looking slightly more settled and solid of late and also expecting players back, hopefully we have a really strong end to the season.

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Repeat. 

Once again another goal involvement - goal. When does he become a starter??? 

We looked more threatening with him on that Daka IMO.

Daka is a hard worker and we know he can finish, but he doesn't connect the dots as well as Vardy or Nacho does.

In current form I'd start Nacho over Daka, but I can see the argument for using a season like this to get Daka used to our style as he is the heir to Vardy.

• Like 3

Just now, NaijaFox said:

Here's a harebrained idea - start BOTH Nacho and Daka! :ph34r:

The worst thing is that we've seen it work before against Moscow, on paper their playstyles compliment each other so much, iheanacho just gives daka that extra bit of space for him to do his thing and vice versa but it only ever seems to be one or the other

• Like 4