Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The dilemma is if you set up in a 4-3-3 to press high, defend high and constrict the pitch then you need your front 3 to press like mad, or at least drop it in to a 4-4-2 with 2 pressing and keeping position in banks of 4 to prevent teams feeling like they can play through it.

Iheanacho is dreadful at pressing, Daka is better but then his movement when we have the ball seems to have vanished off a cliff. I thought at first it was those around him but it's no coincidence that when Iheanacho or Vardy are on in recent weeks that we seem to get balls to them that we deem perfect for Daka, maybe that's because of their instinct at predicting where our tea will look to play. Daka will hopefully get there on that, the big issue is both Daka and Iheanacho are most dangerous in a front 2.

I think that's a little unfair on daka.  When Vardy and Iheanacho came on recently the game was opening up and then they had the benefit of a fresh Madison who is in great form to help with the build up play.

Like you say though it seems to work with Daka wearing down the defence then fresh attacking subs for the last half hour are doing the job.

Luckily vestergaard was last seen standing in a field scaring birds.

Still think Brendan should show Kel a little more respect and play the guy more. He has the first touch of an anvil, sometimes covered in sponge, but by his he knows how to finish. He stats really are pretty amazing considering he has been a bit part player for a lot of his time here. 

Genuinely think he’s a 20 goal a season player if given the opportunity. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Someone with such a poor first touch shouldn't be playing at that level. Yet when he gets near goal his touch is so assured.

I'm just wondering is it a concentration issue with him .?

It's like he's half asleep when the Ball comes to him in the middle of the pitch. But when it's in the box 

he's alive to everything.

That was such a great finish last night when he didn't have time or space. Yet his first touch set him up for the finish, which gave the keeper no chance.

Long may it continue.

He lets many first balls or touches simply hanging, which stops us building or maintaining pressure...

But, once he was a clear field, or gets a Fun in that defence,He has what it takes,He is just Not a Good One one One stand-offs...

IMO, He s a Player One just likes to like.

And I Dont agree on the free Range of excuses he gets on This forum,  & Defenders get OTT critic...

A guy like him will have his individual strengths, but shouldnt have weakness has a striker,at this Level that the/other managers get the blame & is the scape goat for Nacho's own failings..

Some Posters just seem to have a need to chase irrelevant shadows...

Nacho has had One Real Good season, and a few Good cameos..Ne does Drift too often to the flanks,then there is no one in the center to recieve and hold or create that needed pressure

I for one have never got on his back, and believe he can serve the team, but he has had a few managers,so to me any failings have not been that of any of the manager's. Rodgers since the beginning of his tenure has given Nacho enough start gametime & chances from the Bench.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Shinji said:

Daka just needs to hold the ball up better. Ian nacho did that straight away

....that is not how he plays!!!

Why learn to do something that stagnates your own development. We knew what he was all about, we saw how he played, if we have to change the way he plays, then we should have bought someone else.

5 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

Brendan had no issue shoehorning horribly out of form Ayoze Perez/James Maddison for the best part of 2 years between them. 

We have a striker with a basically unmatched minutes per goal contribution record and we don't give him a fair run. Simple as that. 

He was absolutely garbage against Randers to be fair.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Typical FT this trying to squeeze Nacho in because he scored a goal

If i go on most post match threads over the past 6 games the 1 thing that comes up time & time again is the link up play on the left between LT, KDH & HB (This will be mirrored on the right once JJ & Ricky up to speed) but if you want to shoehorn Nacho in to a 2 upfront you realise you can't have that link up right as you end up robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Why can't FT see the bench for what it is & maybe go down the route of Eddie Jones & instead of calling the bench 'substitutes' call them 'finishers' Nacho & Madders coming on last night we had to change shape but it then gives opposition something different to think about & it swung back in our favour with them doing what they were drilled & understood of their role on the night.

If anyone should be unhappy recently its Madders not Nacho he was hitting form but the 433 doesn't cater for him to start & the past 6 games have shown a change in fortunes so do you change it?

...I would say the reason for Maddison being on the bench would be injury as opposed to a tactical move by Rodgers!!!

If Maddison was available it would have been a 4-2-3-1, and you would have seen Daka very much isolated. The option to play with a front two does present itself but Rodgers chooses not to go there. We also do not need a DM in some games and 4-4-2 (diamond) allows Thomas, KDH and Barnes to support each other with Barnes in a wider forward role.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I would say the reason for Maddison being on the bench would be injury as opposed to a tactical move by Rodgers!!!

If Maddison was available it would have been a 4-2-3-1, and you would have seen Daka very much isolated. The option to play with a front two does present itself but Rodgers chooses not to go there. We also do not need a DM in some games and 4-4-2 (diamond) allows Thomas, KDH and Barnes to support each other with Barnes in a wider forward role.

I disagree mate, Rodgers said himself that Maddison is sacrificed for the protection of the unit and I agree with that despite knowing Maddison is #1 for creativity it has to be about the unit, especially now whilst we are fighting for form, and as I commented on the Nacho thread same thing, love the guy but unit comes 1st.

As for having Thomas, KDH & Barnes on the pitch at the same time in anything other than the 433 won’t be the same because KDH role will be different within that system ie 4231 or 442 so he won’t be able to do the triangles because he won’t be able to get forward without leaving a gap. 

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

On 06/03/2021 at 22:58, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Rodgers isn’t having him. Watch his post-match interview on sky...

The interviewer tees him up with a question about Iheanacho’s form and he quickly says he’s working hard and then proceeds to eulogise about Vardy and talk about the team shape.

Compare that with a question on Tielemans just seconds later and he talks at length about the quality of the player and his performance.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on his way in the summer.

Been clear for a year now that Rodgers doesn’t fancy him. He’s been arguably our most impactful player over the past 12 months but he’s not even getting in ahead of Daka.

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Been clear for a year now that Rodgers doesn’t fancy him. He’s been arguably our most impactful player over the past 12 months but he’s not even getting in ahead of Daka.

....I will be so happy if he leaves!!!

Our setup has never fitted him and his new contract must have been agreed without Rodgers being part of the conversation, as it makes little sense that he would extend his contract, being a reserve striker and not playing in a role that suited him.

I want him to go to a club where he can play every week and have the support of his manager and teammates to back him.

10 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Someone with such a poor first touch shouldn't be playing at that level. Yet when he gets near goal his touch is so assured.

It's like he's half asleep when the Ball comes to him in the middle of the pitch. But when it's in the box 

That was such a great finish last night when he didn't have time or space. Yet his first touch set him up for the finish, which gave the keeper no chance.

Long may it continue.

It’s all about instinct. When he has time to think about things, he makes a meal of it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stadt said:

83 nineties, 45 goals and 25 assists. He’s only started 79 games for us.

Incredible. When you take into account the stop start 10 mins here and there nature of much of his game time, when normally the assumption would be that you need a consistent run of game time to be match fit, that is simply extraordinary. That is Ronaldo like figures.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I will be so happy if he leaves!!!

Our setup has never fitted him and his new contract must have been agreed without Rodgers being part of the conversation, as it makes little sense that he would extend his contract, being a reserve striker and not playing in a role that suited him.

I want him to go to a club where he can play every week and have the support of his manager and teammates to back him.

I reckon Guadiola may take him back. He knows who good players are. He has said Iheanacho has loads of potential and a good player. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

It’s all about instinct. When he has time to think about things, he makes a meal of it. 

Agreed, which makes me think it's just a concentration issue.

It's like he's going through the motions in the middle of the pitch, but suddenly comes alive in the Box.

His preditory sense in the Box is amazing.

I'm beginning to think that our problem is finding the right partner for him. Someone like Worthington comes to mind.

Then he'd score a hatful.

I love him but he's a little bit of an enigma. 

While I like Iheanacho, I can see why he doesn't get picked that often.

Our style of.play has been developed with Vardy as striker.  He is on the shoulder of the last defender.  Daka could become phenomenal.    

Barnes, Maddison, Ndidi, KDh and Tielemans, when on form, should start but there may not be room for all of them.

The hole in the teams rw.  Iheanacho does not do a great job there.

20 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Long may it continue.

His first touch is so strange, because half the time it’s terrible, and the other half it’s world class. I think it must be a psychological/confidence thing. 

• Like 2