Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

20 minutes ago, majaco said:

While I like Iheanacho, I can see why he doesn't get picked that often.

Our style of.play has been developed with Vardy as striker.  He is on the shoulder of the last defender.  Daka could become phenomenal.    

Barnes, Maddison, Ndidi, KDh and Tielemans, when on form, should start but there may not be room for all of them.

The hole in the teams rw.  Iheanacho does not do a great job there.

Honestly I don't think this is the case at all, I can't think of much about our play style that is tailored to vardy. Especially as we're watching a vardy-esque striker in Daka really struggle with our system because he's not got the same quality as vardy. I've said this for a while but Barnes and vardy/daka's playstyle clash heavily, Barnes wants to run at defenders and beat them, vardy/daka want to run behind the defenders and someone to get their head up and pick out that run. I would say we're actually a side that's made for Barnes, not for vardy/daka and sadly daka does not seem to be working in that playstyle.

• Like 2

Brendan’s problem with Kel is that he disrupts the balance of the team.

He doesn’t like playing Kel up front on his own in a front three. He prefers playing Kel just off Daka or Vardy in a pairing, presumably because a) he’s not a fan of his pressing without the ball and b) those two will stretch the pitch in behind with their pace which Kel doesn’t have. This is why you’ve seen Kel most in favour when Maddison had his periods injured.

So you’ve essentially got to look at it like Maddison takes Kel out of the line up really - or more recently KDH as Brendan doesn’t want to disrupt his midfield three which is even keeping Maddison out of the side or out of position (on the right wing).

I don’t see what the solution is without taking one of the inform KDH, Maddison or Barnes out of the side. You’ll never see Kel play up front on his own in this current system whilst Brendan favours the above mentioned players. 

16 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Honestly I don't think this is the case at all, I can't think of much about our play style that is tailored to vardy. Especially as we're watching a vardy-esque striker in Daka really struggle with our system because he's not got the same quality as vardy. I've said this for a while but Barnes and vardy/daka's playstyle clash heavily, Barnes wants to run at defenders and beat them, vardy/daka want to run behind the defenders and someone to get their head up and pick out that run. I would say we're actually a side that's made for Barnes, not for vardy/daka and sadly daka does not seem to be working in that playstyle.

Big difference from 'developed with' to 'tailored to'.  Vardy has been our first choice striker for many seasons.  Of course our style.of play has developed with him.

I get your point about the clash of styles.  But Barnes hasn't always been first choice even this season.   

Quality players can adapt to each other.  For me, despite a potential clash, Vardy and Barnes do play well together.  

Iheanacho's numbers are great.  He is part of a Premier league squad with a lot of quality.  I get why he is a bit down the pecking order based on our style of play.  If he was playing regularly, I reckon some would be clamouring for someone else to be given more opportunities. 

Vardy is Vardy.  A case could be made for Iheanacho, Daka, Barnes, Lookman and Albrighton.   Choices are made.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Hes consistently been a better player off the bench than from the start. Has he played well more than once when he's started this year?

Who does he play in front of if he does start? Think it's a bit if a simplistic narrative to say he has to start. Maybe ahead of Daka but definitely not ahead of vardy and we're not good as a 442.

If we don't press as a team from the front then we find it very difficult to play out from the back or exert any control over possession as we're always on the back foot and largely toothless. Nor can we counter reliably without the pace of a main striker, its a dilemma with Iheanacho and although its not just his fault as we could just try and build a team around him but he'd the only player in this squad that is better in a 3-4-1-2 than our other preferred formations of a back 4.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's been here nearly 5 years now. I wonder what people's general perception of him is considering we paid £25m for him on 2017.

.....very good player in the right setup!!!

He was brought in to play alongside Vardy, but had an injury which took a long time to sort out and we had a setup which was working now with Vardy as a "lone Striker".

Like Silva's 14 second debacle, things just got worse and worse for him and he did not recover for a long time. His goal scoring last season alongside Vardy proves his capabilities and don't forget Vardy was effectively playing in a two with Shinzi as a defacto Second Striker and Mahrez stayed high up the pitch so Vardy was not so isolated.

Without a Mahrez or someone not having to track back on thee Right hand side, Vardy has looked isolated in a lot of games and some times you can count how many times he touched the ball as opposed goals he scored.

It is hard to see us changing our setup to accommodate him but not every game needs a lone striker and he and Daka could be utilised better. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

I'm beginning to think that our problem is finding the right partner for him. Someone like Worthington comes to mind.

Match day it could have been fantastic but the social influence ........ not sure that Kelechi would have lasted a year let alone 5 years........

I think pushing Madders up front might be a better all round solution

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, He aint bald said:

Match day it could have been fantastic but the social influence ........ not sure that Kelechi would have lasted a year let alone 5 years........

I think pushing Madders up front might be a better all round solution

That could work also, I think Madders is best played just on the edge of the box where defenders are afraid to tackle him. 

I think Kelechi with a big CF who can play a bit also would work well together. 

Sadly I can't see Brendan bringing in anyone like that, which is what we need in the Squad.

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

That could work also, I think Madders is best played just on the edge of the box where defenders are afraid to tackle him. 

I think Kelechi with a big CF who can play a bit also would work well together. 

Sadly I can't see Brendan bringing in anyone like that, which is what we need in the Squad.

No, prefer your first suggestion, alongside Worthington. I think the communication problem with Alan Young might be entertaining though

• Haha 3

I think he could a lot more game time but Rodgers deserves some credit for getting the best form out of him we have seen in a City shirt.

Kel under all other LCFC manager.

Puel: 49 games (2204 minutes), 9 goals (G every 5.4 games or 244 minutes), 7 assists (A every 7 games or 314 minutes)

Shakespeare: 6 (200 minutes, 0 goals, 0 assist

Most City fans would have happily sold him summer of 18/19 season. 

Kel under Rodgers 

100 games (4935 minutes), 35 goals (G every 2.8 games or 141 minutes), 20 assists (A every 5 games or 246 minutes) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, danny. said:

You’re like so like super spot on there 

I know right like awesome. 😂 good fun mate 😂 always winds me up when you hear British people copying Americans 😂 trash, garbage, awesome, like literally, right now, look it, these sorts of phrases. My wife does call me victor meldrew to be fair though.

2 hours ago, Koke said:

He's been here nearly 5 years now. I wonder what people's general perception of him is considering we paid £25m for him on 2017.

After that miss at Man City three years ago I thought he was done.

The last 12 months he's been fantastic and a pivotal member of the squad. Bloke looks like he belongs in the set-up.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, majaco said:

While I like Iheanacho, I can see why he doesn't get picked that often.

Our style of.play has been developed with Vardy as striker.  He is on the shoulder of the last defender.  Daka could become phenomenal.    

Barnes, Maddison, Ndidi, KDh and Tielemans, when on form, should start but there may not be room for all of them.

The hole in the teams rw.  Iheanacho does not do a great job there.

*Hasn't been tried there

7 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes, I can see that Worthy had lots of talent.

Alan Young, that's going a long way back .

Worthington pre-dated Young who we signed after he scored for Oldham against us in the cup.

I liked him as a striker and he is one of my all time favourite Leicester keepers .