Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

• 2 weeks later...

The good, the bad, the ugly from him today. Another abysmal one on one miss, some absolutely jaw dropping brain dead play and sloppy passing but then held the ball up well, as intelligent with some of his passing and runs and was a threat.

I do see why Rodgers struggles with him, he's so mercurial but you cannot deny that play him and he'll bring goals.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wilfcho said:

Can we dead the can't play as a lone striker talks now, three games in a row now where he's played very nice there

Give him a run of games and he always turn up, whether alone up top or in a two. 

He is product man for a reason

Should have had an assist to his goal today

Which national team do you support? I only ask as I can make an educated guess from your name so am curious whether you are a Leicester fan or a fan of Nigerian players and support whoever they play for. Like the Algerians did with Mahrez.

Not to belittle your point but I actually always think he seems a tiny bit to slow in reaction in that role so wondered if you were looking at it through green and white tinted glasses? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wilfcho said:

Can we dead the can't play as a lone striker talks now, three games in a row now where he's played very nice there

Give him a run of games and he always turn up, whether alone up top or in a two. 

He didn't have a great first half but neither did either team.. but he does the business time and time again when given the time... I think hes a great player can score all types of goals and has a great link up play.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wilfcho said:

He can play the lone striker role but in a different role to a Vardy/Daka and we need to tweak our system to the way Nacho plays. We really need pacey attacking wide players either side of Nacho looking to get in behind when he drops deep to get involved with the build up play (similar to the way Firmino plays at Liverpool), but we didn't have that with Maddison on the right today. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Not clinical enough, but some great hold up play today. Pleased for him, he's helping the team a lot. 

Not clinical enough? Scored one of only two chances he had and should have had an assist aswell, not sure how more clinical you want him to be.

• Like 2

Nacho is a confidence player. Can be superb on his day but also woefully painful to watch when he is on a bad run. He will never be Vardy and he will never have an amazing touch, but he does offer a good threat. Just incredibly easy to isolate him out the game.

I don't think we'll be selling him unless someone offers silly money, I know the squad needs freshening up but with Vardy ticking over to 36 next season and very few others offering us a goal threat up top (Daka needs time and looks very much a confidence player like Kelechi) I think it'd be a backwards step right now, especially as he can play two or three roles.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wilfcho said:

Very nice?

He was quite poor all game. Sloppy on the ball, poor first touch, mis-placed passes, slow.

BUT, he almost redeemed all of that with the way he finished with the header. It was a brilliant cross, but he also had two defenders to get in between/behind, and he timed the header to perfection. That was the very nice stuff... 

2 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

Nacho is a confidence player. Can be superb on his day but also woefully painful to watch when he is on a bad run. He will never be Vardy and he will never have an amazing touch, but he does offer a good threat. Just incredibly easy to isolate him out the game.

The thing is..... he does, several times during the game, but also in the same game he couldn't trap a bag of cement

28 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Scores or assists near enough every game. Incredible. We’d be mad to sell him.

Exactly. He doesn't have to be a first team player, whenever he's called upon he delivers. I do see why Rodgers might be frustrated from him, he could have scored two more today and often does lose the ball. But he has plenty of moments of quality, linking play and scoring goals. He's been well worth the money paid for him, after a slow start.

• Like 2