Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

25 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Not clinical enough? Scored one of only two chances he had and should have had an assist aswell, not sure how more clinical you want him to be.

That wasn't a criticism, just an opinion! He should have hit the target on two other occasions and missed the goal on one, then chipped it over the bar. His finish for the goal was excellent, I just think he could have got more.

He did well, should have hit the target first half but took the opportunity second… he is a player you can rely on and I like that. Not Vardy’s replacement though, I doubt we will hit the jackpot like we did with him. Vardy play today we win by a margin 

PS. Unfair comparing to the goat I like nacho man 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Surely for a striker the act of getting into good positions but missing chances is a positive moreso than a negative. The fact that iheanacho has such an insane G+A per 90 and still could arguably be outputting more is incredibly promising for his goal output in the future.

Would be a ridiculous decision to sell him, he's one of our star players and for me one of the first names on the team sheet.

I agree. Also last season he was given a run of games, which is why he became so consistent, a common thread in this team. Justin, Barnes, Amartey, Mendy even. Give them a run and the deliver on a more consistent basis. Daka is the future but selling Nacho is madness. The only reason we should is if the player himself wants to leave and thus far he’s never complained. 

• Like 3

He's an eccentric unique fun loving lad. If you feed him though he'll produce. Not every striker has to be the most pretty aestheticially. He ain't prime messi. Who cares. Still quality. Love the lad. Can tell he cares. Also to borrow from the yanks he's clutch. Big game player. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

A 35 game Prem season would harvest 40+ goals/assist’s.You simply can’t sell a player like that.Not even at peak age yet and hasn’t been over used.

30 g+a in 3320 minutes over his last 3 seasons with us (41 g+a in 5040 minutes over his Leicester career). Add to that he's a confidence player who has been out of favour for most of that time. All the signs point towards a top player who has been heavily underutilised.

Edited by honeybradger
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Not clinical enough? Scored one of only two chances he had and should have had an assist aswell, not sure how more clinical you want him to be.

3 chances, 2 been poor efforts that should have been on target. That one on one was an awful miss, 2 games on the spin he's tried to chip the keeper.

Last season was probably the only time he’s had a consistent run of games and he was second overall (ahead of Salah and Kane) for minutes per goal involvement. Only Bale was above him and he’s genuinely world class. He’s a wee star. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

Why will nobody say what most people can see, he's absolutely useless. Been here for years now & I see no difference in what I saw when he first arrived.

Ball control terrible, no pace, totally one-footed, completely brain dead football wise

All that plus the ability to occasionally produce either a goal or assist make him a key player for a mid table side like leicester.

Obvious he isn't a lone striker but let's save that for a Brendan Rogers thread:brendan:

1 hour ago, Angus Scott said:

Why will nobody say what most people can see, he's absolutely useless. Been here for years now & I see no difference in what I saw when he first arrived.

Ball control terrible, no pace, totally one-footed, completely brain dead football wise

Cliché and a bad joke but maybe some new glasses for you; should have gone to Specsavers.

• Like 2

He fluctuates between the sublime and the ridiculous constantly throughout a game. But the point is those sublime moments will get you goals/assists pretty much every time he plays. The man's literally unplayable when he wants to be. 

Edited by sm1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Honestly 97% of the time I agree with you. But then he just pops up and scores or has an assist. His numbers speak for themselves. He goes from the most absurd to the most sublime, the least footballing brain to the genius. There is no in between. He's the kinda guy who would miss a peno with a 6 year old in goal but score against the best goalkeeper in the world. Most confusing player ever to play for Leicester. Still can't figure him out after all these years. 

• Like 1

I really like him after all and I'd be sad to lose him. He's an odd player, who is often very classy whilst managing to be prone to moments of absolute crap lol but for the most part he's really good. His numbers don't get the respect they deserve.

Can't understand why everyone isn't a big fan of Kel. Fantastic hold up play today and always has the ability to do the unexpected. Hard for the opposition to work out a strategy to cope with him. Shame Lookman wasn't playing today on the right. Kel would play best with 2 out lying wingers in front of him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my absolute favourite players. His goal and assist numbers are some of the best in the league for the amount of playtime he gets, they make up for the inconsistencies in the rest of his game. If we sell him we will miss him.

Be interested to see if he continues to get consistent gametime in this narrow front three. I think he will improve his consistency like he did last season when he had that long run of starts.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

We cannot have a "useful" 11 who cannot score though. He gets us goals, one way or the other. He certainly wasn't useless last season, and the way he's been messed about by BR, not surprised he isn't as confident as he might otherwise be. FFS he got replaced this offseason. 

Edited by vanity
  • Like 1

Whenever he plays, consistently, he consistently scores....

Whenever he doesn't play, consistently, he doesn't score consistently.

So it's only logical we drop him after scoring as regularly as anyone in the League last year.

I love Vardy....

We all love Vardy....

Whilst we all want to see him carry on forever, the second he loses his way, we're going to be in a crazy mess if our strikers don't play.

Next season I want to see more rotation, Iheanacho taking the games when we need the significantly better hold up play he gives up, Vardy taking the games where we need that threat in behind, and Daka being rotated and given even more game time, including playing at least the last half an hour and starting games when we play twice in a week.

This same rotation needs to be applied to Evans too, and Ndidi and Barnes.

Edited by FoxyLeon
  • Like 1

Just when I thought "god, this guy isn't a lone striker" he  looks something akin to Duncan Ferguson and holds the ball up fending of four Man U players with brute strength and manages to retain possession.

He's also the type of guy that you'll say "he finishes that normally 9 times out of 10" but then realise you've said that the last 9 out if 10 times he's had a chance!

A complete enigma.

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

There are very few Vardy's in any generation and we have been lucky enough to have had him at City and long after he could quite easily have left. Iheanacho is a very different type of player and certainly allows us to play differently, but like all centre forwards you only see the best of him if he is playing week in week out, as we saw last season. We would be mad to move him on, because apart from anything else he seems low maintenance and loved by the rest of the group, as well as coming up with a goal.

• Like 1