Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

He's a great player and he's come on leaps and bounds with us but even in his good games you see the good, the bad and the ugly from him lol

I wish we could hear the thought processes he has whilst he's playing! 

no player is perfect, every striker is going to miss chances look at Vardy sometimes he misses some sitters.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

no player is perfect, every striker is going to miss chances look at Vardy sometimes he misses some sitters.

Oh yeah I'm not having a go at him at all. He just does some really bizarre things at times and I'd just love to know what he's thinking. 

He's become the player I was really excited we'd signed at the time 

Edited by foxfanazer

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Oh yeah I'm not having a go at him at all. He just does some really bizarre things at times and I'd just love to know what he's thinking. 

He's become the player I was really excited we'd signed at the time 

lol yea I know what you mean! it wasn't aimed at you just in general when people go nuts for him missing a chance like he is going to score everytime. 

19 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

The man's hold-up play is sublime at times. I can't help but feel if he and Daka were given a decent run of games together, his hold up play with Patson's speed would pay dividends. Of course that would mean a complete change of system and I don't think we will/possibly should do that. It's an enticing thought though.

It might be worth trialling before the end of the season? These remaining games should be used to experiment with tactics and lineups imo

• Like 1

Going to go against the grain a bit here but I thought his hold up was pretty poor yesterday, there were some shocking touches here and there but he has a knack of producing something brilliant out of nothing and doing that on a regular basis. His record speaks for itself. I think he absolutely merits his place in the side on that basis. I do think he was quite poor at times yesterday but ultimately he's the one who got us the goal and he also should have had an assist to his name.

He and Amartey for me are classic examples of why they are at Leicester and not higher. Both capable of sublime/effective stuff for their respected position but equally culpable for some pretty average stuff as well all too often. Frustrating yes but enough there to suggest they can contribute to the club. Question is both are replaceable it's whether we can find the consistent quality above.

I thought he was excellent yesterday. He tormented Utd the whole game and fully deserved his goal. Yes a few errors also, but the more he plays the better he will get.

He virtually scores a goal every game he plays.

Edited by Clever Fox
missing word
  • Like 3

It's a ruse, I'm sure of it. He deliberately plays in clown feet most of the time to lull the opposition into thinking they needn't bother with him... then he does something special.

I'm at a loss to know what to think in honesty. The stats speak loudly but it's hard to equate those stats with the player we see for most of the game. Honestly, he can look clueless! I mean seriously clueless; a 5 year old on the local rec ground, all energy and enthusiasm but no idea.

Perhaps the key for him is not to think, just to play on instinct. I dunno, nobody can be that jammie surely? He manages to score and assist but it seems almost contradictory.