Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

50 minutes ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Ok for now , but definitely not good enough for the future. If we are to grow and progress as a club the likes of Iheanacho need to be fazed out. 

46 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

First name on the team sheet might be the most underrated player we've had, can't think of another player with his record that splits the fan base so much. 

I love this sport :D

• Haha 1

The best reason for keeping him is her offers something completely different, in attacking positions you need options and variations and he provides that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was discussing him in the pub last week. How many goals would he score if we made him first choice and he played when fit.  Even without taking pens I think I he’d be pushing the 20 mark. I know he can be frustrating some games and when he’s bad he’s proper bad but his goal return, which is the main thing, really is up there with the best. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

He and Amartey for me are classic examples of why they are at Leicester and not higher. Both capable of sublime/effective stuff for their respected position but equally culpable for some pretty average stuff as well all too often. Frustrating yes but enough there to suggest they can contribute to the club. Question is both are replaceable it's whether we can find the consistent quality above.

Where would we have finished last season without Iheanacho's goals? Only played due to injuries and with huge reluctance by Rodgers. Come to think of it, where would Rodgers be without Iheanacho last season papering over the cracks?

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Why will nobody say what most people can see, he's absolutely useless. Been here for years now & I see no difference in what I saw when he first arrived.

Ball control terrible, no pace, totally one-footed, completely brain dead football wise

Are you doing that projecting thing?

7 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Where would we have finished last season without Iheanacho's goals? Only played due to injuries and with huge reluctance by Rodgers. Come to think of it, where would Rodgers be without Iheanacho last season papering over the cracks?

A comfy 4th without the injuries to 5-6 key players during the last few months of the season. Once the injuries mounted up and Rodgers was forced to move away from the 4141/4231 formation, Nachos goals saved our season,  as we were pretty dire playing 3 5 2 other than against Man Utd in the FA cup and the first half against West Brom. You could argue that Rodgers should've rotated the squad more to reduce players being overloaded, which may of resulted in some of the Injuries. Nacho could've been used more before it got to that point to build his confidence and take some load off Vardy, who had been struggling with a groin/hip problem for months. 

I still think Nacho can adapt to the lone striker role, we just need to adapt our system to not rely on trying to play our striker in behind all the time.  

4 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Absolutely clueless. Did you not see his form back end of last season when he was playing with Vardy? How can people have such short memories and form such bad opinions? 

Of course you will admit that yours is  just a bad opinion too? Memories in football are always short, you are only as good as your last season. He will be moved on come the summer. If you saw his display today you will understand why. opinions are what they are just opinions. Today I thought he was slow and unaware of the role he was supposed to play, often being left behind in an attacking role and his first touch was championship class. In other words clueless.

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

Of course you will admit that yours is  just a bad opinion too? Memories in football are always short, you are only as good as your last season. He will be moved on come the summer. If you saw his display today you will understand why. opinions are what they are just opinions. Today I thought he was slow and unaware of the role he was supposed to play, often being left behind in an attacking role and his first touch was championship class. In other words clueless.

With respect, that sounds like someone having a pre-conceived position and fitting the 'evidence' to it, rather than objectively watching what happened yesterday. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

He still scored

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

I think yesterday we saw every different shade of him, but how anyone can deduce he had a bad game overall is beyond me. Yes he had some poor touches and he missed some obvious passes and a 1 v 1 but he also absolutely rinsed Maguire and Varane, he held them off, he battled, he chased, he harried, he scored and he linked up to perfection at times. He was robbed of an assist by a crooked official. I absolutely love him, he can be utterly pull your hair out frustrating at times but he scores when he wants.

I agree, although the 'crooked' official is more likely guilty of unconscious bias, as we all are to a greater or lesser extent. 

I try to avoid thinking everything is a conspiracy, it's a horrible path of explanation that leads nowhere good.

• Like 1

"He's an enigma" "sometimes he's amazing and sometimes he's a donkey, i cant understand him". Surely people realise that there is not one striker in history who plays football perfectly, not a single one. For example this is R9, one of the best strikers and players of all time, missing a sitter and taking a poor first touch  https://youtu.be/_QL-axKbfWw.

This isnt any match either, this is considered to be one of brazilian ronaldo's best of all time and even he had his jekyll and hyde moments as seen in the video. The fact that sky highlighted iheanacho's performance in the match analysis yet our fans are calling him a donkey and saying he's not good enough perfectly shows the unfair expectations placed on him.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

"He's an enigma" "sometimes he's amazing and sometimes he's a donkey, i cant understand him". Surely people realise that there is not one striker in history who plays football perfectly, not a single one. For example this is R9, one of the best strikers and players of all time, missing a sitter and taking a poor first touch  https://youtu.be/_QL-axKbfWw.

This isnt any match either, this is considered to be one of brazilian ronaldo's best of all time and even he had his jekyll and hyde moments as seen in the video. The fact that sky highlighted iheanacho's performance in the match analysis yet our fans are calling him a donkey and saying he's not good enough perfectly shows the unfair expectations placed on him.

Now if Kelechi was Jadon Sancho and we had paid £74 million for him and pay him £250 grand a week , you would expect a high standard pretty much every game. He will always be an odd ball striker but at the end of the day his goal contributions per minute played is very good and we would be lucky indeed to find someone who could equal that let alone beat it.

• Like 2