Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

2 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

His t-shirt on the final day summed him up for me.

Probably a a nice guy but a bit out of touch with reality.

Thanks for the FA cup run but people on here seem to go kinder on him than other players….he had some below average periods here, could argue all of this Championship season as a prime example.

What did it say/show?

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

The ability to be a great player.

The application of his talent makes him a average player.

Sums it up perfectly.

Wherever he goes i think its likely he scores goals early on and this forum will be fill of posters wondering why we let him go. Consistency has been a big issue for Nacho, and if he wants to succeed somewhere else that is something he is going to need to address.   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

The writing was on the wall when he was at Man city. They knew what he was like, thats why we ended up with him.

What an odd way to make an assessment on a player.

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

What an odd way to make an assessment on a player.

Shame our management team didn't evaluate his previous inconsistency when he became available on the transfer market. Mind you, did they not have a buy back clause as part of their transfer agreement? 

Overall a decent player for us with some important goals. 

He had potential but I feel he never quite went over the hump with it.

Want to wish him well in his future wherever he lands.

• Like 1

He was a vital part of us winning the FA cup, not sure if he scored in every round except the final? Winner in the community shield too and I thank him for this.

He was excellent throughout the 20/21 season, ironically that was the season with no fans, so as it turns out people were his kryptonite!

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

61 goals for us, a lot more than some bizarrely over-venerated players we’ve had. 

Unfulfilled potential but he was a good player for us.

I think that's the most frustrating part.

He will always be a cult hero, but if he or a manager could have unlock it, he could have been top draw.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 2

I could never work him out... 

Awful control and composure - a terrible footballer. But then out of nowhere would have a sublime touch, and some brilliant finishes. But then, so many of his goals came off his shin or bounced off him or were miskicks. But a strikers job is to be in the right place at the right time, and he did have that knack. 

I couldn't believe he'd scored 61 goals for us. 

But look at the breakdown:

League - 173 appearances & 35 goals.

Other - 59 appearances & 26 goals. 

Whether it was weaker opposition, too many substitute appearances in the league, or just plain luck, he could do it in the cups but he never convinced week in, week out. 

Genuinely interested to see where his career goes. I really would be shocked if we look back this time next year and he's played more games than not for his new team and scored more than 12 goals. But then again... 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Golden Fox said:

I could never work him out... 

Awful control and composure - a terrible footballer. But then out of nowhere would have a sublime touch, and some brilliant finishes. But then, so many of his goals came off his shin or bounced off him or were miskicks. But a strikers job is to be in the right place at the right time, and he did have that knack. 

Disagree, I think he scored a higher percentage of great finishes than most strikers, while at the same time missing some sitters. I can't remember many of his goals being scruffy.

• Like 4

One of those players who I don't think realises that winning the FA cup with us will be his pinnacle - Maddison is in this category, too.

I get the impression he always thought he was doing us a favour.

• Like 1