Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I watch a fair bit of Scottish football actually. The top half the of the SPL is Championship / bottom 8 Prem standard. The rest of it is total pish 

I'm not arguing the quality is anything but poor but if you did watch it on a regular basis like you claim, you would probably know that the SPL hasn't existed in about 10 year.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I watch a fair bit of Scottish football actually. The top half the of the SPL is Championship / bottom 8 Prem standard. The rest of it is total pish 

The top half? You mean Rangers? 😂 Celtic have a couple of prem standard players but as a whole are a Championship team, the rest are atrocious 

Edited by South Shire Fox

40 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

My fear with Kel is that as soon as we revert back to one up top, we get the same kind of performance he's previously put in. 

He is outstanding with someone up top with him but he just can't play as a loan striker. 

We might need to start looking at playing two up top permanently with either means a back 3 like today or 442. 

I think he could do it if we had a great right winger with pace and Barnes on the left.

He need pace and runners around him. 

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I think he could do it if we had a great right winger with pace and Barnes on the left.

He need pace and runners around him. 

Possibly, they would have to be tucked in pretty tight to get close to him but that could also suit our fullbacks... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

I don’t get a lot of comments in here. Had people actually written him off? He is young, has shown he can finish in this league and also barely ever got to play in a strong team. Great that he is now playing in a strong team and scoring. Seems a great bloke too and I hope we offer him a new contract soon,

Gets an absolute battering all the time. He gets dug out for not working hard as well when you can clearly just see he doesn't smile much and doesn't have the most upbeat body language.

Always been a fan and always will be. Quality player with so much untapped potential too. Plus, I just really like the guy. Not sure why but I feel like a protective father haha 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I guess there are players at all clubs who people have different opinions on, players who some think are world beaters and others who think they're useless.

I'm not one for scapegoats and that wasn't why I was scathing of Iheanacho, I just didn't see what he offered, admittedly the little I'd saw of him.

Happy to end up with egg on my face though, he's looked great the last few games and hopefully he's turned a corner and goes on to be a big player going forward.

He seems a thoroughly decent guy so happy to be proved wrong. You won't see me doubling down or being pig headed next time he has a poor game, nothing worse than that and people who just want to be proved right.

I've ran out of reactions but well said. I know I called you out a bit but this is a great response!

• Like 1

Oh and on his pace, apparently he clocked up a top speed today that was only 0.5mph slower than Vardy's best this season so clearly not lacking in pace like some think.

Good thing is that he can play up top or probably even deeper as a 10. The challenge will be whether he can nurtured to play up top on his own.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

That creates the issue of who it is that you drop? 

If we play the system we did today, maddison comes in for Perez but leaves no place for Barnes. If you play 442, Barnes has a place but Maddison doesn't. 

I get that the system we start with isn't the one that we may finish the game and these guys will get plenty of gamete but someone will be losing a starting place. 

Yep it’s quite the conundrum. I wouldn’t know how to answer the question to be honest! Hassenhutl plays a 4222 at Southampton which I could see being a way to get Barnes, Maddison, Nacho and Vardy into the same team, but they are quite all or nothing in the sense that when they are off form there are gaps all over the place. 

Anyway it’s a nice problem to have and who doesn’t like a good redemption arc?! The Nacho turnaround is great to see in action!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

lollollol 

You clearly don't, top end of Scottish football is not bottom 8 EPL at all. Celtic and Rangers, with their current squads would really struggle to stay in the league. That said, that in itself is a bit of a misnomer as soon as both clubs had access to the riches of the EPL the playing staff would change beyond comparison.

The rest of the league would all most definitely finish bottom of the championship and is more league 1 level so that makes me cast serious doubt on how much Scottish football you've seen.

8 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not arguing the quality is anything but poor but if you did watch it on a regular basis like you claim, you would probably know that the SPL hasn't existed in about 10 year.....

Always laugh at this myself, people claiming to be have the slightest clue about the Scottish game and they don't even know the name of the league lol

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, IsItMuzzy said:

So pleased for Kel and as others have said I hope he's turned the corner with us now. However I remember after a run of form last season or the season before, with goals against Everton, Villa and a few others and people were saying the same thing. I just hope the fan base don't turn on him again if he goes through another run of poor form. 

But he got dropped then despite probably being our best player, so he's then playing a bit part role. Can't blame him at all for a dip in form of confidence given that so let's hope he's managed better as BR has brought on his game leaps and bounds.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Oh and on his pace, apparently he clocked up a top speed today that was only 0.5mph slower than Vardy's best this season so clearly not lacking in pace like some think.

Good thing is that he can play up top or probably even deeper as a 10. The challenge will be whether he can nurtured to play up top on his own.

I did notice this today when he got to a ball in the corner he had no right to and he managed it by showing a good burst of pace.

Personally I think he has quite a languid style which can be deceivng and make him look slow.

Samaras at Celtic was a lot like that, looked so laid back and languid but when he opened his legs up he was very quick.

6 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Gets an absolute battering all the time. He gets dug out for not working hard as well when you can clearly just see he doesn't smile much and doesn't have the most upbeat body language.

Always been a fan and always will be. Quality player with so much untapped potential too. Plus, I just really like the guy. Not sure why but I feel like a protective father haha 

Yeah hopefully now it seems that most fans will start to like him. Also I really rate Rodgers but have to say he hasn’t managed Kel well at all. 

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

Very fickle fans. All he needs is two or three bad games now and he’s a donkey again

Right or wrong That carried a bit of weight when he would play 1 good game and then flatter to deceive a la Gray.

Different story now though. Even if he has a few bad games from here on he can be classed as an ulloa type success if not quite Vardy.

I've not jeered him off the pitch but I was underwhelmed by him a lot of the time. Given the injury crisis we've had he's pulled us out of the fire the last 10 days or so.

That deserves huge credit.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I did notice this today when he got to a ball in the corner he had no right to and he managed it by showing a good burst of pace.

Personally I think he has quite a languid style which can be deceivng and make him look slow.

Samaras at Celtic was a lot like that, looked so laid back and languid but when he opened his legs up he was very quick.

Yeah some guys are like that and I do get the dislike but I see him work hard all the time and he does so much running off the ball.

He's not electric but he's quick enough. Sure, if he's was a little bit quicker that would be great, especially as he's quite one footed (apart from penalty box finishing) meaning he sometimes shuts down his options but he's got enough pace to stretch backlines.

• Like 1

I think he's undroppable until he stops scoring even with maddison and barnes back, we need to capitalise on this run of form and see where it goes, if he falls off at least he's provided good cover until our big guns return, if he keeps on going like this then he makes a case to be ahead of those two and they have to win their starting position(s) back.

• Like 1