Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

I couldn't help noticing that the ball would often come out to the left at the back - and Maguire would ignore the forward pass to JJ (who was largely unmarked) and pass it back across the defence to the right. It was tedious to watch and I switched off at half time. I'm assuming we were even worse after Justin went off - so what's the problem?

15 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I couldn't help noticing that the ball would often come out to the left at the back - and Maguire would ignore the forward pass to JJ (who was largely unmarked) and pass it back across the defence to the right. It was tedious to watch and I switched off at half time. I'm assuming we were even worse after Justin went off - so what's the problem?

I recall Maguire making one squareish pass out to JJ just inside England's half, but JJ already had one man on, then a second before he could do anything to keep possession.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

This "Little Old Leicester" mantra makes me laugh. Leicester may be many things but little it ain't. Its a city of 350,000 people ffs. There is a real complex about our status among some on here. They have a a very defensive mindset and are oversensitive. If our club is going to truly represent our city it should always be a Premiership contender. Leicester Tigers do not consider themselves " little" and they expect to be serious contenders.

The phrase absolutely infuriates me. Firstly  I have never ever heard anyone outside of Leicester use the phrase. Only Leicester people say it. 

Secondly, as you say, the urban area is more like half a million when Oadby  Blaby, thurmaston, Syston etc are added. Same sort of population as Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham.....I never hear them say little ple Newcastle. Excellent point about Tigers too. They woild NEVER say it. 

Keep telling people jokingly that you have a small cock and, guess what, in the end, everyone thinks you have a small cock

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, CyprusFox said:

Tell you what, why can't you fuching doom mongers just be pleased for the lad HE'S A LEICESTER PLAYER for fuchs sake, there's been plenty more less deserving caps over the years. I remember when Steve whitworth got the call  years ago and nobody was more surprised than us city fans but we were ecstatic that a "little old Leicester" player got England recognition. JJ didn't let himself or anyone else down and it certainly never got any better after he came off. Get a grip you bunch of wingeing w##nkers. Call yourself city fans, I'm finished with this ****ing forum

3 hours ago, smudger63 said:

I thought Whitworth was pretty decent to be fair. England have had a lot worse than him that's for sure. Watching England under Southgate bores the fvck out of me, so only watched because Justin was playing. Thought he looked a bit nervy early on, but was more steady as the half went on. No worse than the others, and didn't disgrace himself.  Him going off at half time at least saved me the bother of watching the second half, as watching the grass grow is more exciting than watching Southgates England. 

actually Whitworth was also a favourite and expected Choice also from Non-Leicester fans, & didnt (excuse the pun) come from Left midfield..)also

It wasnt such a suprise, Plus in those Days we didnt crucify players, though Counter opinions (being Bias & totally snobbish) were a better sort of banter..

We prefered to enjoy,laugh & encourage...Now People make excuses for the self-opinionated bully-boys, & Football-forum rage fraternity...

Flat-hat, nego-misgogs, were Banned to the pub corner...Now they own the fking pub....:frantics:

6 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

I recall Maguire making one squareish pass out to JJ just inside England's half, but JJ already had one man on, then a second before he could do anything to keep possession.

Yes. That did happen. I found it extremely irritating.  Obviously I was pretty much focused on what Justin was doing. I did think Harry Kane played him in a few times (that would be Harry Kane when he was back in his defensive midfield position that he seems to end up in so often under Southgate).

Edited by trabuch

I dont think there's any chance JJ goes to the WC, providing Chilly or Shaw are fit. It's a shame but I've never heard Southgate be so negative post match about a player, especially someone on his debut.

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

I dont think there's any chance JJ goes to the WC, providing Chilly or Shaw are fit. It's a shame but I've never heard Southgate be so negative post match about a player, especially someone on his debut.

Clip? 

40 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Clip? 

Its the post match press conference. Basically Southgate, when asked about JJ,  said  he misplaced passes and got caught out defensively. He felt his calf but was going to replace him at halftime anyway. He then proceeded to wax lyrical about Bowen's debut.

1 hour ago, Paninistickers said:

The phrase absolutely infuriates me. Firstly  I have never ever heard anyone outside of Leicester use the phrase. Only Leicester people say it. 

Secondly, as you say, the urban area is more like half a million when Oadby  Blaby, thurmaston, Syston etc are added. Same sort of population as Newcastle, Sheffield, Nottingham.....I never hear them say little ple Newcastle. Excellent point about Tigers too. They woild NEVER say it. 

Keep telling people jokingly that you have a small cock and, guess what, in the end, everyone thinks you have a small cock

But if you keep saying you have a big cock no one believes that either

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

With MTWG 

But I utterly detest the formation Southgate plays. The wide players are expected to do the role of two players. Then the two ‘wide forwards’ just end up being very narrow. 

Agreed.

Trent and JJ were expected to do fair too much in my view and the chances Hungary created seems to be from the space left by those two.

Think the next few games are worth trying 4-3-3.

Though overall I think England's weak link now is central defence and they don't seem to cover the wing backs particularly well. Maguire and Stones have had poor seasons and Walker is out, the other centre back options are a bit average.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Agreed.

Trent and JJ were expected to do fair too much in my view and the chances Hungary created seems to be from the space left by those two.

Think the next few games are worth trying 4-3-3.

Though overall I think England's weak link now is central defence and they don't seem to cover the wing backs particularly well. Maguire and Stones have had poor seasons and Walker is out, the other centre back options are a bit average.

Stones had a better than poor season, I thought he had a better season than Laporte.

Everything else, I totally agree with mate.

The fact Southgate plays a back 3 and a DM (at times double pivot) is one of many reasons we won’t win anything under him.

Such a negative manager but is a FA yes man, so he’ll be ok.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

You need to get out more and see what a lot of other cities are now doing. Two city centre  shopping complexes, an underpass, one flyover and a new football ground in the last 60 years. It is hardly an earth shaking experience. It was said many years ago to have been the second richest City in Europe so where has the infrastructure development money gone?

36 minutes ago, Oldblueyes said:

You need to get out more and see what a lot of other cities are now doing. Two city centre  shopping complexes, an underpass, one flyover and a new football ground in the last 60 years. It is hardly an earth shaking experience. It was said many years ago to have been the second richest City in Europe so where has the infrastructure development money gone?

What's that got to do with my point? 

Half the posters on here when using that shite phrase cheapen the club to the level of Swindon or Forest Green Rovers. Absolutely nobody outside of Leicester uses the word little about us.  Ordinary. Middling. Dull. Run of the mill. Nondescript. But little? Never. Only City fans use this shite phrase as some kind of coy, self deprecating, embarrassed posture. 

As for your point about City infrastructure, that's an entirety different discussion..that said, I do wonder sometimes if the Leicester population's natural tendency to do ourselves down holds us back. Any investor doing a quick survey around town would soon be met with self deprecating answers of shithole, dump etc.....it is no wonder that investment passes us by. Only recently, since KRIII and the title win have (some) residents and politicians start to talk the place up

11 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

actually Whitworth was also a favourite and expected Choice also from Non-Leicester fans, & didnt (excuse the pun) come from Left midfield..)also

It wasnt such a suprise, Plus in those Days we didnt crucify players, though Counter opinions (being Bias & totally snobbish) were a better sort of banter..

We prefered to enjoy,laugh & encourage...Now People make excuses for the self-opinionated bully-boys, & Football-forum rage fraternity...

Flat-hat, nego-misgogs, were Banned to the pub corner...Now they own the fking pub....:frantics:

When I was a little kid I just remember thinking how brilliant whitworth was. So consistent and reliable like a machine. The innocence of youth. I do notice a bit of a similarity in the smooth way justin moves though and glides across the pitch. 

Edited by Supergray22

33 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

When I was a little kid I just remember thinking how brilliant whitworth was. So consistent and reliable like a machine. The innocence of youth. I do notice a bit of a similarity in the smooth way justin moves though and glides across the pitch. 

Yeh, like good goalkeepers,we have always a good tradition of Quality FBs & B.line.Even if they were just good solid club players..There were the dark-age

moments/periods from the late 70s,but some goody,always tended to come through or an hero charging over the hill.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeh, like good goalkeepers,we have always a good tradition of Quality FBs & B.line.Even if they were just good solid club players..There were the dark-age

moments/periods from the late 70s,but some goody,always tended to come through or an hero charging over the hill.

Dennis rofe was quality too and steve kember not bad. Later ian Wilson and steve lynex had similar qualities. Always have their all and took it to the opposition.  

4 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

I agree. I'm not a Southgate hater nor do I particularly rate him but I feel like he's stitched JJ up a bit here. Bizarrely calls him up when he hasn't yet rediscovered his form or fitness, starts him in an unusual position then slates him for his performance after the game. That's absolutely diabolical man-management in my opinion. 

What did he say? I'm sure when I checked BBC Sport yesterday at half time they were saying he'd been one of the positives from the first half.

• Like 1