Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

9 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

That's probably it for his England career now 

Everyone was shit v Hungary but Southgate will give everyone else another chance except Justin who is now back to square one and will need to be outstanding next season and either Chilwell or Shaw will have to get injured for him to get a sniff in Qatar.

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Which is completely reasonable. He needs to work on getting back to where he was pre injury before he can think about pushing for those highly contested full back spots. Not everything is an anti Leicester conspiracy ffs.

You know what would work wonders for his confidence though, calling him up (when we're all aware he isn't back to his best yet) and publically stating he wasn't very good.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

You know what would work wonders for his confidence though, calling him up (when we're all aware he isn't back to his best yet) and publically stating he wasn't very good.

I’m really not a fan of Southgate but for LB’s he doesn’t have a huge talent pool right now.

JJ seems a sensible lad though and you could argue that him having a cap/being around the England set up motivates him to get back to his pre-injury standard, whatever he’d been doing with us hadn’t made a difference so far. 

The post match comments were moronic though as JJ played no better/worse than pretty much any player the past 3 games 🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by SafewayFox

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Which is completely reasonable. He needs to work on getting back to where he was pre injury before he can think about pushing for those highly contested full back spots. Not everything is an anti Leicester conspiracy ffs.

Where did I say leicester conspiracy??:blink:

JJ looks Like he’s gonna get another chance tomorrow. it’s pressure and unfair to judge on one appearance which was a mixed bag. Tomorrow if he gets on he’s gotta pull out all the stops and really impress. Maybe needs to summon the confidence ha has playing for Leicester.

we all know when he’s top of his game he’s better than chillwell and shaw. He’s just gotta get back to that level and quickly. He doesn’t have the luxury of other players who are regular starters and can afford off games but still keep their place.

1 hour ago, cruzFOX said:

JJ looks Like he’s gonna get another chance tomorrow. it’s pressure and unfair to judge on one appearance which was a mixed bag. Tomorrow if he gets on he’s gotta pull out all the stops and really impress. Maybe needs to summon the confidence ha has playing for Leicester.

we all know when he’s top of his game he’s better than chillwell and shaw. He’s just gotta get back to that level and quickly. He doesn’t have the luxury of other players who are regular starters and can afford off games but still keep their place.

I’m not included in the we then ……. Unless you’re speaking about a chilwell that is out of form or injured ! 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, KFS said:

He looked especially poor today

It's not just been today, his passing has been shocking and he looks totally out of place on the left. I'd look at swapping him and Timmy. At least Castagne can use both feet. This isn't the championship, being a right-footed left back just doesn't work in this league.

8 minutes ago, iancognito said:

It's not just been today, his passing has been shocking and he looks totally out of place on the left. I'd look at swapping him and Timmy. At least Castagne can use both feet. This isn't the championship, being a right-footed left back just doesn't work in this league.

I mean lets not pretend like he wasn't absolutely brilliant as a right footed left back before his injury. It definitely does work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, iancognito said:

Yeah apart from when he looked like one of our most dangerous players prior to his injury 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Yeah apart from when he looked like one of our most dangerous players prior to his injury 

I'm not talking about prior to his injury. That's 18 months ago. It's this season and the backend of last where he just hasn't looked the same player. Even more amazing that Southgate picked him as he clearly hadn't seen him play post-injury.

1 hour ago, KFS said:

He looked especially poor today

Eh?!!!

He was excellent. That's 3x games now he's won his individual battle. Kyle Walker Peters and Saka he had in his pocket, despite the chaos surrounding him. Today was a battle royale v reece james, and he just about edged it. 

If every player matched up like jj to their opponent, we'd have had 3 wins already this season

• Like 4