Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

21 hours ago, sm1 said:

JJ spoilt us with his pre injury form. He looked like one of the finest full backs in the PL. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to replicate that, but is still judged to those standards. He's been ok going forward but defensively he's still suspect.

Maybe his injury has caused permanent damage physically and he'll never be the same player again? If so, we need to offload.

21 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

I like JJ but he's not a natural left back if he's right footed. Am I stating the obvious here?

Yeah I do feel for him in that regards. He has to come inside every time. 

29 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Im not convinced by Justin, just doesn't seem very good at defending

Said it for the last few games, it’s ok bombing on down the wing but he ends up in the middle of the pitch leaving us exposed down our left, great in a back 5 but not in a 4…  

On 27/08/2022 at 21:47, sm1 said:

JJ spoilt us with his pre injury form. He looked like one of the finest full backs in the PL. Unfortunately he hasn't been able to replicate that, but is still judged to those standards. He's been ok going forward but defensively he's still suspect.

If he was like that for more than 4/5 months, I’d agree but he was awful defensively when first came too!

Perhaps he just had a purple patch and pretty average? 🙄

Edited by SafewayFox

Guest StevieLynex
On 27/08/2022 at 19:33, coolhandfox said:

He was still number 1 at Leeds.

I will have a bet with you that Ward isn't number 1 at Christmas!

He could be with ’ Do they know it’s relegation time’

On 27/08/2022 at 19:30, iancognito said:

Not totally true though is it? :D

Schmeichel was rejected as a Prem keeper by both Man City and Leeds, it's the famous Grayson quote "we didn't think he was Premier League standard". We were his 5th or 6th club having been rejected or not considered good enough elsewhere. Ward was at Liverpool at a young age. When that team was playing and winning in Europe. One injury and he's got a chance at a top European club to play at the highest level. When Klopp came in he was very complimentary about him but obviously with Mignolet and Karius ahead of him, the writing's on the wall. He goes to Hudds and then here.

At some point you have to stick in one place, especially if you have a family to consider. Maybe he lacked ambition to try elsewhere, maybe he just decided to stay loyal here and wait.

It's all a moot point - Rodgers has said he's number one and that's where he'll stay this season.

I have just left the Ward/Iverson thread for the Justin thread.  

Thought I'd somehow pressed the wrong part of my screen.  Nope this does appear to be the Justin thread 😅

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fightforever said:

When I did go through the numbers for what it's worth Castagne was much worse at performing defensive actions by almost every metric than Justin.

Interesting, thanks.  I've thought for ages Castagne is really poor defensively but have never been arsed to actually look at the numbers.  

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Justin is quality. He’s quietly going about his business but he is easily one of our best players. Very underrated young man. 

Couldn't agree more.  Maybe he's lost a little form since his injury but he's a class player and still young.  I wonder if the people writing him off are the same people who were writing Maddison off after his injury?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Post injury or do you mean in general since he's been with us?

He had a purple patch, when the whole team was doing so well, but his defensive work is a slight worry for me. Still learning of course and we have bigger problems than him ,on paper the whole defence looks good, big Dan apart, but as a unit none of them seem that good

2 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

I have just left the Ward/Iverson thread for the Justin thread.  

Thought I'd somehow pressed the wrong part of my screen.  Nope this does appear to be the Justin thread 😅

Yeah I know, it's why I gave up and went back to the Ward/Iversen thread for a more in-depth discussion :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 27/08/2022 at 18:31, South Shire Fox said:

Thing that winds me up with Justin is the amount of times he could advance forward with the ball but instead will turn back at the first oppurtunity and pass it to a cb 

....you see that with all our players!!!

They are playing under instructions, keep the ball, and if nothing presents itself, recycle it and build again. You can see it is against what they would want to do, but that is what the manager wants.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you see that with all our players!!!

They are playing under instructions, keep the ball, and if nothing presents itself, recycle it and build again. You can see it is against what they would want to do, but that is what the manager wants.

Yes - 100%. If you want to depress yourself, watch the extended highlights of the Stockport game. There are sections where nothing presented itself for long periods and they were recycling constantly around the opposition box. Really sour to watch and must be soul destroying to play. You can't blame the players for doing it, as its what they are instructed to do.

• Like 2

I watched a Castagne 2020 video just now, almost to impossible to imagine him in the 6 yard box now.

For all Rodgers’ bluster about controlling games and aggression - we never see it. It’s timid football and our fullbacks suffer the most from it 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

Players need to ignore his instructions now!

A good guessing game would be to think of players who may have pushed back to the management on the style of play. Completely made up mind you, but i would have Praet, Soumare and Cags on that list. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

I watched a Castagne 2020 video just now, almost to impossible to imagine him in the 6 yard box now.

For all Rodgers’ bluster about controlling games and aggression - we never see it. It’s timid football and our fullbacks suffer the most from it 

You wouldn’t have to imagine very hard, he was literally 1 on 1 with the keeper in the last game..

Yes yes I know it was against 10 men

• Like 1