Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

12 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

20/21 prior to his injury he was one of our best attacking options, if you were being negative about him at that time then that's just an issue you have with  Justin. 

Fair enough he hasn't been as good since he's returned from injury, but what you're saying about him prior to it is just a terrible opinion. The above are some examples of a player looking to be involved and not 'playing safe'

Or, this could be a better reflection….he had an awful start but got away with it as “making the step up”.

Then, went onto have 4/5 months of quality attacking football before injury curtailed that.

He’s then been bang average since returning and it’s been a while back now 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

I have always said picking Leicester player for England is like a curse. Our players always lose form afterwards , even Vardy had a bad spell. Maddison has mostly recovered since his minor cameo but let's hope Southgate leaves him alone now. Justin will recover but it takes time.

Maddison got no chance for the World Cup. Loads in front of him the Southgate loves. Sancho and rashford will be back on soon too. 

8 minutes ago, Cincinnati Fox said:

Maddison got no chance for the World Cup. Loads in front of him the Southgate loves. Sancho and rashford will be back on soon too. 

As I have said if he plays for England again his form for us will inevitably go downhill.

Unbelievable how people are questioning Justin. Fans slated Castagne last week for making a mistake.

@coolhandfox said it right when he said that anyone playing at RB as opposed to LB has to work much harder and cover more ground in getting up the pitch over the half way line and then backtracking for defensive cover. Our LB's play to Barnes who hovers (depending on our high line etc) on the halfway line but whoever is playing on our right flank is needing to go into the final third much more than they should be. 

It's been years that the RW position has become more than urgent. The club is to blame for mistakes that our players make in situations whereby they are covering more ground than they should, particularly in a back 4. 

• Like 1

Feel sorry for JJ but he’s really struggling. The exposed RB role is not helping him at all but he was caught out continually yesterday. He could probably do with a rest but we have no cover! He needs to be back on the left, bring Castagne back on the right and go back to a 433 with Albrighton or Perez ahead of him.

I totally agree about the exposed RB role but the lad just seems to not be able to defend in one on one situations.

Such a shame we’re so lopsided with CM’s and 3 strikers and not a lot else.

He could do with a week or two out of the firing line (like most of the starting 11) as their confidence is shot….that’s our fault though remember 🙄

I like JJ and don't want to overcriticise, but he was awful yesterday. Yes, he was very exposed, but the amount of times the whole of Brighton's left flank had acres of space to work in was a problem from minute one. Trossard had so much space, and is exactly why they score their first. Maddison kept shouting at Justin and pointing to Trossard to get him marked while he dropped inside to help in the middle, but JJ wasn't keeping a close enough eye on Trossard. Really frustrating.

It’s easy to put blame on him but with the current formation and having Maddison on the right and him naturally drifting inside it’s not helping him defensively, he’s had his best games in Leicester shirt when playing with Albrighton or Perez who drop deeper and help out at the back

Surely when you play 3 centre halves and a DM the fullbacks should have a free rein? The centre halves should be mobile or the DM should have the ability to sweep round an cover left or right? For those old enough to remember O’Neill’s teams had wingers as wing backs not full backs. Guppy and Impey never got their shorts dirty, just got a foot in now and then. Good sides come down here and their fullbacks start on the halfway line and say mark me I’m not marking you! Ours are expected to defend first and then get up 80 yards and attack we haven’t got a wing back in the club currently so let’s have them defend as a four and load more quality further up the pitch.

• Like 1

I don’t blame him for that game tbh, system is complete shite, he’s totally exposed. As others have said, we should be playing someone who will stay wide and defend back on the right side. Albrighton and possibly Perez are the only choices really. 

Or we go 3 at the back. Which is fine in theory, but we seem to never create anything when we try it.

Edited by FoxesWalk

He hasn't looked any good since his return from injury but it must be hard in his position as he's basically playing the whole right side.

There's times, when the opposition are coming at us, Justin can't get back and we're so exposed.

JJ always plays best on the left, that he is not playing well on the right doesn't mean he has turned to shit. BR excels in playing team members out of their preferred, and best, positions.

I think we need Vardy in goal, at least he will see plenty of the ball then.

3 minutes ago, Bazly said:

JJ always plays best on the left, that he is not playing well on the right doesn't mean he has turned to shit. BR excels in playing team members out of their preferred, and best, positions.

I think we need Vardy in goal, at least he will see plenty of the ball then.

He hasn’t played any better on the left this season either. 

• 2 weeks later...

Since he's come back from injury he's played 25 games and not registered a single goal or assist. 

That has always been his strongest area, going forward rather than defending where even during his excellent first half of 2020/21 he was still suspect defensively, especially getting caught under the ball.

I don't know how we get him back to his best but right now he probably shouldn't be playing based on overall form. It's only because Luke Thomas seems to be even more out of sorts that he gets the nod. How Rodgers has dropped Castagne recently is astonishing.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Since he's come back from injury he's played 25 games and not registered a single goal or assist. 

That has always been his strongest area, going forward rather than defending where even during his excellent first half of 2020/21 he was still suspect defensively, especially getting caught under the ball.

I don't know how we get him back to his best but right now he probably shouldn't be playing based on overall form. It's only because Luke Thomas seems to be even more out of sorts that he gets the nod. How Rodgers has dropped Castagne recently is astonishing.

Rodgers exposes Luke by asking him to make endless forward runs. Luke is a bit more of a Fuchs esque type of defender. One who should sit and defend as a priority and only get forward sporadically when there’s opportunity to cross the ball. 

A good manager plays to his players strengths, he doesn’t ask them to do things they are incapable of which is what Rodgers is doing with Thomas.

In regards to Justin, Wormleighton can’t be far behind him in terms of overall ability.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I’ve been calling out JJ since his return from injury but seeing that stat is even more damning.

He was strong minded about not being rushed back so must have something about him but he’s offering very, very little right now.

25 games should also dispel the “still rusty” narrative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is nowhere near the standard he set in 20/21, it could be he was performing well above his actual level at that point, 6 months is a small sample size, and many a player has managed a great 6 months in the PL and then disappeared.

Having said that he's playing in a team that lacks structure and has no identity in how it is trying to create chances  

Edited by coolhandfox

39 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

He is nowhere near the standard he set in 20/21, it could be he was performing well above his actual level at that point, 6 months is a small sample size, and many a player has managed a great 6 months in the PL and then disappeared.

Having said that he's playing in a team that lacks structure and has no identity in how it is trying to create chances  

The talent is still there. He isn’t quite at that level right now. I think you are right in that it’s a mixture of things. Full fitness, form and confidence playing in an under par team going through a tricky patch. Similar to what we saw from Maddison before he came back so impressively last season. Hopefully a few of our underperforming players can rediscover their best form. 

• Like 3

He is probably one of those players is the same bracket as Ndidi, Soyuncu, Thomas and Tielemans that a new regime might well inject a new lease of life and confidence to hit the heights they've previously hit. Ndidi has followed this same cycle a few times now, maybe Justin is in need of it too.

• Like 3