Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

On 22/05/2022 at 22:04, Aleksz said:

Think some thought needs to be put into Justin (Or Castagne for that matter) playing left back next year. Especially as it stands, we don’t seem to be linked with a new out and out left back (and Rodgers clearly doesn’t fancy Thomas enough).

The idea of playing a right footer at left back is really contributing a lot towards us becoming so predictable.

The ball goes to Justin/Castagne and then it dawns on them that they haven’t got the left foot to play the line ball - before you know it it’s been passed to Evans and all repetitively all the way back across the back line again. We clearly want to address this in the CB department as we are being quoted as being in for a left footer - but if we aren’t going to play an actual left back it seems a bit counter productive. These passing angles are so important when you want to pass an opponent to death like we do.

This also doesn’t remotely help Barnes. Justin or Castagne don’t want to go on the outside of him, overlap and whip a cross in because they haven’t got it on their strong side. This just leaves the opposition full back to defend Barnes 1v1. Doesn’t make his life any easier.

Interested to see how this pans out over the summer. Might just be a matter of working on their patterns of play with it in pre-season.

Still relevant. Every pass came back inside and sideways today.

3 hours ago, TK95 said:

Just play Luke Thomas. Fed up with his backward passing from promising areas

Which Thomas probably does even more because he's one footed and doesn't have the pace of power of Justin? And I'm saying that as somebody who likes Thomas and really hope he develops a lot.

28 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Which Thomas probably does even more because he's one footed and doesn't have the pace of power of Justin? And I'm saying that as somebody who likes Thomas and really hope he develops a lot.

I think the difference is that Thomas had actually formed a nice understanding with Barnes and both on the left side really complimented each other. JJ's confidence looks completely gone, even when he crossed the ball it just sailed out harmlessly. Just like Riccardo, post injury he looks a different player.

both JJ and Thomas are being handcuffed by the retard picking the team who thinks he's Pep wanting them to be an inverted full back constantly in CM when we attack, neither are suited to it and second half when ever Barnes got the ball he had 2 on him and no help, no over/under lapping run to pull a defender away or anything.

Who ever is at left back for us needs to ignore the instructions and go down the line on occasion

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

I feel sorry for Thomas because he hasn't done too much wrong. The problem is he's not equipped for the Premiership as he lacks height and pace.

When he gets forward he can't get back quickly enough. That's not what you want in the premiership.   Sadly a big part of it is about Pace and Power. 

He's one we need to replace him in the squad to address our weakness in this area.

2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Huge fan of his ability to control the ball with his left foot, go backwards, and pass to Faes with his right foot. 

seriously though wtf has happened to him

A bad injury and being coached by a useless t*at? 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

His first instinct now is to play it safe and generally backwards - and once he’s doing that he sometimes notices that there was a simple forward or inside pass that would be attacking …….but it’s too late 

the kid has absolutely no confidence whatsoever 

Doesn’t help that he’s naturally turning back onto his right foot rather than turning out on his left. Downside of playing a right footer at left back.

Thought he was much better today. 

11 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Ruined by Southgate and Rodgers. 

Gareth Keenan and David Brent.

JJ is a perfect example of the England curse on LCFC players. Their form goes to shit after selection. We have seen it with Maguire, Drinkwater, Barnes , Maddison and even Vardy. He will recover but as with Jimmy it takes time. He is a highly talented player and he will not lose that but it is a process that will need some patience.  I disagree by the way that he is one footed, his left foot is fine as he has shown many times.

12 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

Huge fan of his ability to control the ball with his left foot, go backwards, and pass to Faes with his right foot. 

seriously though wtf has happened to him

Its what he is being asked to do! That's Rodgers ball.

So negative in his passing. He took on Palace’s RB twice in the game and both times had him on the floor. I know we need to be more solid defensively but what’s the point of having the athleticism of JJ if you don’t use it?

Having said that, definitely a confidence / coaching issue IMO.

i'll put my hand up and say Ive been very critical of JJ and I also think its been justified but today he didn't put a foot wrong and had grease lightning in his pocket all game literally! I dare to dream but with a few more good performances we could see a peak JJ return to his best again. 

• Like 1