Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

James Justin

6 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Tell you what, why can't you fuching doom mongers just be pleased for the lad HE'S A LEICESTER PLAYER for fuchs sake, there's been plenty more less deserving caps over the years. I remember when Steve whitworth got the call  years ago and nobody was more surprised than us city fans but we were ecstatic that a "little old Leicester" player got England recognition. JJ didn't let himself or anyone else down and it certainly never got any better after he came off. Get a grip you bunch of wingeing w##nkers. Call yourself city fans, I'm finished with this ****ing forum

Whilst I get where you’re coming from calling other Foxes w***ers isn’t cool my friend.

The reason that a lot of comments come across as “moaning” in your words are surely because Madders SHOULD be included in the squad on current form whilst JJ (obviously a different position with ZERO competition) has looked average at best since his return from injury.

I hope you have a change of mind and stick around though 😃

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

Tell you what, why can't you fuching doom mongers just be pleased for the lad HE'S A LEICESTER PLAYER for fuchs sake, there's been plenty more less deserving caps over the years. I remember when Steve whitworth got the call  years ago and nobody was more surprised than us city fans but we were ecstatic that a "little old Leicester" player got England recognition. JJ didn't let himself or anyone else down and it certainly never got any better after he came off. Get a grip you bunch of wingeing w##nkers. Call yourself city fans, I'm finished with this ****ing forum

It’s not doom mongering. It’s just a bizarre endictment on the England selection policy when Justin has been called up when Maddison hadn’t.

We can’t moan about Maddison not being called up on form then not also say Justin absolutely doesn’t deserve to be called up on form. It works both ways.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

This "Little Old Leicester" mantra makes me laugh. Leicester may be many things but little it ain't. Its a city of 350,000 people ffs. There is a real complex about our status among some on here. They have a a very defensive mindset and are oversensitive. If our club is going to truly represent our city it should always be a Premiership contender. Leicester Tigers do not consider themselves " little" and they expect to be serious contenders.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Sampson said:

It’s not doom mongering. It’s just a bizarre endictment on the England selection policy when Justin has been called up when Maddison hadn’t.

We can’t moan about Maddison not being called up on form then not also say Justin absolutely doesn’t deserve to be called up on form. It works both ways.

JJ got called up because everyone else in his position is out injured and there isn't really anyone better than him next in line - therefore although not up to his usual level form-wise the call up makes sense

Maddison didn't get called up because Southgate clearly has his favourite in that position (Mount)

It isn't like JJ took a spot in the squad off Maddison, it shouldn't be a JJ vs Maddison thing, you need to seperate the 2 scenarios.

Edited by moore_94

25 minutes ago, CyprusFox said:

I thought Whitworth was pretty decent to be fair. England have had a lot worse than him that's for sure. Watching England under Southgate bores the fvck out of me, so only watched because Justin was playing. Thought he looked a bit nervy early on, but was more steady as the half went on. No worse than the others, and didn't disgrace himself.  Him going off at half time at least saved me the bother of watching the second half, as watching the grass grow is more exciting than watching Southgates England. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

JJ got called up because everyone else in his position is out injured and there isn't really anyone better than him next in line - therefore although not up to his usual level form-wise the call up makes sense

Maddison didn't get called up because Southgate clearly has his favourite in that position (Mount)

It isn't like JJ took a spot in the squad off Maddison, it shouldn't be a JJ vs Maddison thing, you need to seperate the 2 scenarios.

I think Southgate must be mounting Mount 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CyprusFox said:

You will be missed:wave:

Don’t remember Southgate often openly critiquing a player like he did post match with JJ. Must have been gagging to shoot him down so he can stick with Tubs and Chilly 

14 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Don’t remember Southgate often openly critiquing a player like he did post match with JJ. Must have been gagging to shoot him down so he can stick with Tubs and Chilly 

What did he say?

Fell asleep during that second half snooze fest.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

This "Little Old Leicester" mantra makes me laugh. Leicester may be many things but little it ain't. Its a city of 350,000 people ffs. There is a real complex about our status among some on here. They have a a very defensive mindset and are oversensitive. If our club is going to truly represent our city it should always be a Premiership contender. Leicester Tigers do not consider themselves " little" and they expect to be serious contenders.

23rd player to represent England whilst playing for Leicester apparently.

6 minutes ago, Supergray22 said:

I know exactly 🙈

Gareth Southgate is an obnoxious t*at!! JJ was given the ball twice all half, both of those were chasing cross field passes. 

I'd also add maguire into that sentiment. He literally played JJ out of the game and out of the team. 

I'm not watching England amymore, not like this.

He was not very good.

He has a long way to go to get back to pre injury.

His positional play was poor like he has been for us. He was slow in man   marking and in the wrong areas of the pitch,possibly trying to hard.

Fingers crossed he will get back to his best by October with a good confidence building pre-season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

With MTWG 

But I utterly detest the formation Southgate plays. The wide players are expected to do the role of two players. Then the two ‘wide forwards’ just end up being very narrow. 

Considering Justin's poor form for us recently I thought he bedded in well after a nervy first 10 mins and played pretty well, linking up well in some threatening runs down the left.

For those who can find nothing good about the lad, look at the stats.  While he was on the field we drew 0-0. After he was replaced we lost.  While he was on the field we looked more threatening on the left than after he was hooked.

Also take into consideration that this was his debut, yet he fitted in pretty well with those around him, whereas in the second half we looked more disjointed down the LHS even though the participants had been more used to playing together.

As for Southgate, anyone who takes his words seriously needs to look at themselves.

• Like 2