Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

BT to let sport fans buy monthly pass to watch matches for first time

15 hours ago, Beliall said:

my hope is that amazon saw their test as a success and soon we will be able to get all the games as they are played. just like everywhere else in the world

I'd imagine they will have. I don't think i've ever seen such a popular reaction to a paid broadcaster before across the internet. They pulled out all the stops for pundits & coverage, personally thought it was absolutely brilliant. 

Bit surreal watching it in the pub with 6 games on though lol people shouting at different screens at different times.

• Like 1

At least with Now Tv you have he option for a day pass at £9.99 which, if all you want to do is watch a single game then that's better than paying £25 for a whole month. Love it when we are scheduled for consecutive sundays 4.30 then 2 pm the next week as a single week now tv pass at £14.99 gets you two games.

• Like 1

Interesting thread and I have wanted this for ages. I would happily pay £10 or so just to watch City but it would need to be wherever I happen to be which is not always at home.

I would not pay a subscription for a service when I am away from home a lot of the time and I couldn't give a stuff for watching the so-called Big 6.

At the moment I try to find a pub with varying degrees of success.

Great I thought when I read that headline. 

£25 !!

It's a no from me. 

My BT sport app is free with EE. I'll continue mirroring to the tv.

I was considering moving to sky mobile next year but I might stay with EE as it looks like l could be very interested in the Champions League....:D

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Great I thought when I read that headline. 

£25 !!

It's a no from me. 

My BT sport app is free with EE. I'll continue mirroring to the tv.

I was considering moving to sky mobile next year but I might stay with EE as it looks like l could be very interested in the Champions League....:D

Daft question but how do you do that?

I also get the free BT sprt app on my EE phone but I'm old and my eye sight is shit so I can't really watch it clearly on my phone. Would love to be able to beam it onto the big tele from my phone if possible!

Ok, but they think the price doesnt matter.

Amazon throw in their content on amazon prime package which gives many things like inclusive next day delivery etc.  Plus its still only about £8 a month.

Netflix is about £9 a month.

BT is £25 a month with no movies, no scripted shows, and no on demand.

36 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Ok, but they think the price doesnt matter.

Amazon throw in their content on amazon prime package which gives many things like inclusive next day delivery etc.  Plus its still only about £8 a month.

Netflix is about £9 a month.

BT is £25 a month with no movies, no scripted shows, and no on demand.

Sky's month pass on Now TV is usually £33 so its inline with there competition.

Amazon will no doubt charge more further down the line

3 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Sky's month pass on Now TV is usually £33 so its inline with there competition.

Amazon will no doubt charge more further down the line

It's a reasonable start from the networks. 

Amazon have all the money they need, surely if they wanted to blow all others out of competition they could offer packages of 10-15 pound per month. Only bodes well for us as consumers. 

On 13/12/2019 at 12:39, The Fox Covert said:

Interesting thread and I have wanted this for ages. I would happily pay £10 or so just to watch City but it would need to be wherever I happen to be which is not always at home.

I would not pay a subscription for a service when I am away from home a lot of the time and I couldn't give a stuff for watching the so-called Big 6.

At the moment I try to find a pub with varying degrees of success.

I live in Spain and subscribe to DAZN which happens to be a U K company it costs €9.99 a month for 4 devices two active at anytime and covers all televised premier league matches plus generally a 3.oclock kick off and all games you can watch in full or highlights during the following week. The subscription also includes copa  Del Rey , euroleague basketball all major boxing and motogp. It works like Netflix and you can leave at anytime but if you subscribe for 12 months upfront you pay for 10. They have premier league rights for 3 seasons and it works wherever you are in Europe including UK.

Im more than happy and it’s all in HD

30 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

It's a reasonable start from the networks. 

Amazon have all the money they need, surely if they wanted to blow all others out of competition they could offer packages of 10-15 pound per month. Only bodes well for us as consumers. 

Only if you don't have to pay for the others. Fans are in an impossible position it's either multiple suppliers showing 'unique' games charging what they like or a single supplier show all games with a massive monopoly and able to again charge what they want.

What we really need is at least 2 suppliers showing all/the same games in genuine competition so we get a real choice and the potential to drive prices down. We can but dream.

Another option would be for the PL to stream themselves and for clubs to offer STs for home and away games or individual games, but that would probably benefit the clubs with large/international fan bases.

On 13/12/2019 at 21:14, Izzy said:

Daft question but how do you do that?

I also get the free BT sprt app on my EE phone but I'm old and my eye sight is shit so I can't really watch it clearly on my phone. Would love to be able to beam it onto the big tele from my phone if possible!

My Samsung phone and Samsung tv have a screen mirroring option. It's called smart view on my phone and mirroring on the tv, under the source option. There is something called chromecast that does it too. Obviously depends on the two being compatible and having the function. 

You can pay EE extra to be able to do it from the app.

• Thanks 1

I've used IPTV but tbh you can't discount the reliability of having it legally. Plus BT Ultimate looks bloody brilliant on my TV. 

You need to get lucky with IPTV as half the providers are crap now and they're getting caught out every other week with signals being blocked etc. Still think it's worth it if your trying to save money but the reliability of the providers i used just wasn't worth it. 

For me though I got BT because of UFC and much easier for me to record it on my virgin box and watch it first thign in the morning without spoilers rather than waiting until its uploaded which is usually later in the morning about 9-10am (I get up about 6-7am). 

• Like 1