Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

17 hours ago, Scotch said:

Think they will be gambling on that CL space too whilst using the Patterson money to cover some of the wages. 

Absolute short termism. Looks great if it works and they win the league and get the £30-40m CL bounty. If they don't however they are up sh!t creek financially again, with an ageing squad and most sellable assets with only a year to go on their deal come the summer.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

Anyone with knowledge of Glasgow know what happens to the city when Rangers/Celtic play a night game? Do bars/pubs stop serving alcohol or something? I'm so used to the midday Sunday malarkey now I'm genuinely interested as to what happens to the city/area when there's a night game.

I might be completely overegging what it's like in the City Centre for an Old Firm game, just wondered!

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Absolute short termism. Looks great if it works and they win the league and get the £30-40m CL bounty. If they don't however they are up sh!t creek financially again, with an ageing squad and most sellable assets with only a year to go on their deal come the summer.

I didn't realise that players contracts were going into this last year. 

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

Anyone with knowledge of Glasgow know what happens to the city when Rangers/Celtic play a night game? Do bars/pubs stop serving alcohol or something? I'm so used to the midday Sunday malarkey now I'm genuinely interested as to what happens to the city/area when there's a night game.

I might be completely overegging what it's like in the City Centre for an Old Firm game, just wondered!

I don't actually remember there being that many. Something in my head tells me there has been one not that long ago but yeah, usually ots as 3arly as possible. 

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Can't wait for the Glasgow derby, best derby in the uk by miles, and a night match too:o, atmosphere will be unreal.

It is just a shame there isn't more quality in the game but I do think it's easily one of the top 3 derbies in the UK.

24 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

It is just a shame there isn't more quality in the game but I do think it's easily one of the top 3 derbies in the UK.

Doesn't bother me, I just love the passion from the fans and the players too, it clearly means so much, there's nothing else like it in the UK....certainly not regularly.

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah this summer Goldson. McGregor, Balogun, Arfield and Davis. Next summer Aribo, Kent, Morelos and Helander. 

If they make CL, that changes though. Big Goldson will be scratching at Gio's pockets. 

34 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Their (Raith's) statement tonight is unbelievable. 

Just seen it, too. Staggering.

'First and foremost, this is a footballing decision' totally negates anything they say about being a 'community club'. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

It'll be like the bonhomie of Sauchiehall Street at 10:30 on a Summer's Friday, but five pints and two shots further in, and with extra sectarian menace.

There's a reason that nearly all OF games are played at lunchtime these days.

There are plenty of folk on my SM timeline taking the day off to drink.

I'm due to work in the city today, but I'll be getting out the way pretty sharpish.

I would imagine pubs in the city will have doormen on from late afternoon.  

The mimimal away allocation will probably help at the ground, but, as we have seen over recent weeks, people at games all over the UK have had a touch of "I don't get out much" syndrome, so who knows what is in store.

But it's away from the ground I'm worried about.

With so many people on the bevvy during the day, I feel sorry for Police Scotland this evening.

Also, and worst of all, the link between this fixture and domestic violence has been well established, and a day of drinking *before* a highly charged game isn't really going to help.

TBH the city was noticeably more pleasant when these teams were in different leagues.

FTOF.

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

It'll be like the bonhomie of Sauchiehall Street at 10:30 on a Summer's Friday, but five pints and two shots further in, and with extra sectarian menace.

There's a reason that nearly all OF games are played at lunchtime these days.

There are plenty of folk on my SM timeline taking the day off to drink.

I'm due to work in the city today, but I'll be getting out the way pretty sharpish.

I would imagine pubs in the city will have doormen on from late afternoon.  

The mimimal away allocation will probably help at the ground, but, as we have seen over recent weeks, people at games all over the UK have had a touch of "I don't get out much" syndrome, so who knows what is in store.

But it's away from the ground I'm worried about.

With so many people on the bevvy during the day, I feel sorry for Police Scotland this evening.

Also, and worst of all, the link between this fixture and domestic violence has been well established, and a day of drinking *before* a highly charged game isn't really going to help.

TBH the city was noticeably more pleasant when these teams were in different leagues.

FTOF.

Don't tune into TalkSport, Auld Firm love-in and whining about the lack of away fans. No mention of the extras attached that you mention.