Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

This Friday - Arbroath are away at Killie which will decide the title/promotion. Two point gap. Be live on iPlayer 

Not quite "the decider", as there's still one match afterwards ... but will certainly go a long way to deciding it.   

(Well, it will decide it if Killie win, obviously)

Come on Arbroath!!!

"SPFL clubs vote in favour of VAR. STV has learned 41 clubs vote yes, 1 club voted no."

Many fans in Scotland seem to be delighted about this. Personally think it is such a shame.

Bizarrely, it wont be introduced until halfway through next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JMenzfeld said:

"SPFL clubs vote in favour of VAR. STV has learned 41 clubs vote yes, 1 club voted no."

Many fans in Scotland seem to be delighted about this. Personally think it is such a shame.

Think the main driver is so the Scottish referee's stay on the UEFA/FIFA gravy train. There was a danger they weren't going to be selected for European football going forward as they weren't experienced enough using VAR.

God help Europe, our referees are terrible.

1 hour ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

n inexperienced manager in Maloney and that never worked out. 

Think the trouble for him that he was trying to get Hibs to play like Belgium where Maloney was a coach .

Looks like you are getting VAR next season.

Good luck with that - it might be useful on occasions but you'll probably still get strange "incorrect" decisions but have to wait for ages for them to decide on something.  

Hibs fans hate him now, would be surprised given that and the fact they already went for an inexperienced manager in Maloney and that never worked out. I think it'll be Malky MacKay.

When did they start disliking him? Considering he had 3 spells there and didn't his lad sign for them a couple of years ago at youth level?

Also a bit different to Maloney in that he has at least managed a side, although I could have got Kelty promoted so 😂. Really surprised they didn't go for McInnes when they sacked Ross to be honest.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

31 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Think the trouble for him that he was trying to get Hibs to play like Belgium where Maloney was a coach .

Looks like you are getting VAR next season.

Good luck with that - it might be useful on occasions but you'll probably still get strange "incorrect" decisions but have to wait for ages for them to decide on something.  

True, but you have to blame the owners there I think. I'm sure Maloney outlined his vision when they were talking to him and the owners obvioulsy backed that at the time. Was a crazy decision in the first place sacking Jack Ross.

Yeah it's not coming in until December though, peak Scottish football sort of stuff like that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JMenzfeld said:

Do we know who the vote for no came from?

19 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

When did they start disliking him? Considering he had 3 spells there and didn't his lad sign for them a couple of years ago at youth level?

Also a bit different to Maloney in that he has at least managed a side, although I could have got Kelty promoted so 😂. Really surprised they didn't go for McInnes when they sacked Ross to be honest.

There are a couple of Hibs fans on the Celtic forum I frequent and they are livid at the thought of him getting the job and said most of the support are of the same mindset. I think it can be traced back to how he left Hibs (mid-season as part of a dressing room revolt while club captain) when he went to Rangers and the fact his latter two stints (don't think you could even call his third spell that) he was terrible. He also apparently had a daily record column in his short spell with Hibs the third time and was quite scathing of the club which upset a lot of Hibs fans and they don't seem to have forgotten about that. I doubt hamming up his affection for Rangers when he does media stuff does him any favours in the hibs fans eyes either. In Scotland Hibs fans traditionally are quite aligned with Celtic in their disdain for Rangers and Hearts are the same in the opposite sense towards Celtic.

42 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

There are a couple of Hibs fans on the Celtic forum I frequent and they are livid at the thought of him getting the job and said most of the support are of the same mindset. I think it can be traced back to how he left Hibs (mid-season as part of a dressing room revolt while club captain) when he went to Rangers and the fact his latter two stints (don't think you could even call his third spell that) he was terrible. He also apparently had a daily record column in his short spell with Hibs the third time and was quite scathing of the club which upset a lot of Hibs fans and they don't seem to have forgotten about that. I doubt hamming up his affection for Rangers when he does media stuff does him any favours in the hibs fans eyes either. In Scotland Hibs fans traditionally are quite aligned with Celtic in their disdain for Rangers and Hearts are the same in the opposite sense towards Celtic.

Fair enough, I've heard him say he wants to manage Hibs though but he's also stated he'd like to manage Rangers as well. I think they could do worse to be honest, I imagine he'll definitely be considered. I'm aware of the alignment in terms of the 4 clubs in general, but with some of the dross managers they've had in the past if he did a decent job I'm sure all would be forgiven (until he left for Rangers again 😂)

• Haha 1

True, but you have to blame the owners there I think. I'm sure Maloney outlined his vision when they were talking to him and the owners obvioulsy backed that at the time. Was a crazy decision in the first place sacking Jack Ross.

Yeah it's not coming in until December though, peak Scottish football sort of stuff like that.

Yes - agree.

Weren’t they in a cup final and top 6 when Ross left.

Mind you can I really speak about management issues ?!!

You can bet there will be a load of fuss when decisions are made differently with VAR to without .

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Yes - agree.

Weren’t they in a cup final and top 6 when Ross left.

Mind you can I really speak about management issues ?!!

You can bet there will be a load of fuss when decisions are made differently with VAR to without .

Hahaha!

Yeah the way they got rid of Ross was really sh!tty. They sacked him the week before the Cup final he got them to. They were actually 7th in the league at the time but it was a bit of a false economy as all season there were like 4pts between 10th and 4th position. Had Ross stayed in charge Hibs would have finished top 6 I reckon.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

I think it'll be Malky MacKay.

Really?

I think there would be quite an adverse reaction if this happened.

Everyone has the right to be rehabilitated, but he comes with some really negative baggage.

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Really?

I think there would be quite an adverse reaction if this happened.

Everyone has the right to be rehabilitated, but he comes with some really negative baggage.

But seems to have been forgiven maybe having been in the Ross County job for a bit?

11 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

But seems to have been forgiven maybe having been in the Ross County job for a bit?

There are some Staggies who stopped going when he was appointed.

I think we would see a social media storm and another re-hashing of all those appalling attitudes if he is under the Hibs spotlight.

Goodwillie all over again.

No sensible board would invite that if they could avoid it, but this *is* Hibs, I suppose...

• Like 1