Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

2 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Why the **** are the playing the champions League theme lol

Who, Celtic? I imagine it's because they've qualified for the Champions league for the first time in a long time. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

True... And the national team. 

Technically we still contribute more coefficient points to the total in terms of the two clubs over the 5 year period.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-celtic-rangers-coefficient-contributions-26852890.amp

That changes next season right enough when the period ticks on another year and Rangers coefficient points will exceed ours.

Quite happy for them to think they’ve done all the leg work and that we’ve swooped in and taken the CL spot anyway 😎

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Rangers taking huge numbers to the final in Spain. Will be some mental scenes later this week. Hope they win. 🇬🇧

If they're last visit to a city when they got to a European final is anything to go by then yes there will definitely be mental scenes.

They've done absolutely tremendous to get to the final and I won't even try and admit I'm not jealous but I obviously hope they get soundly beaten!

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

If they're last visit to a city when they got to a European final is anything to go by then yes there will definitely be mental scenes.

They've done absolutely tremendous to get to the final and I won't even try and admit I'm not jealous but I obviously hope they get soundly beaten!

One of my co workers is going and I have a bet with my boss that he won't even make it to Spain before being arrested. When he's drunk, he gets very.... let's say, orange and the only flight the could get is out of Dublin!

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Rangers taking huge numbers to the final in Spain. Will be some mental scenes later this week. Hope they win. 🇬🇧

Apparently they've sold out another stadium in Spain for people who can't get to the final to watch it lol , really hope the do it man would be great for Scottish football as well 

4 hours ago, Scotch said:

One of my co workers is going and I have a bet with my boss that he won't even make it to Spain before being arrested. When he's drunk, he gets very.... let's say, orange and the only flight the could get is out of Dublin!

That'll end well! I seen on the news today some of the union bears have already been arrested. Have to laugh at the videos the Rangers twitter has been posting, videos of legends like Souness and Gough pleading with the fans to behave lol 

57 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

That'll end well! I seen on the news today some of the union bears have already been arrested. Have to laugh at the videos the Rangers twitter has been posting, videos of legends like Souness and Gough pleading with the fans to behave lol 

It really is ridiculous. I went to Manchester with a few pals and was at ground zero when the big screens stopped working and its just mental how fast they were to kick off. 

Any sensible fans first thought was "where is the closest screen" but there wasn't a whole lot of them I can assure you. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It really is ridiculous. I went to Manchester with a few pals and was at ground zero when the big screens stopped working and its just mental how fast they were to kick off. 

Any sensible fans first thought was "where is the closest screen" but there wasn't a whole lot of them I can assure you. 

Yeah it's an odd mentality they've got, I've got some friends who are Rangers fans and I do feel sorry for them as they are decent folk and they get tarnished with the same brush as the morons in their support. I've seen a few screenshots on social media this week from follow follow at fans enraged at certain bars in Seville closing this week and them saying things like "they are asking for trouble", "they deserve for us to kick off", etc, etc. Why can't they just go and enjoy their team in a European final and savour it, feels like some of them are looking for any reason to kick off. Again there are a lot of decent Rangers fans who don't have that mentality of course it just seems with their support the moronic minority is more audible than most.

27 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Yeah it's an odd mentality they've got, I've got some friends who are Rangers fans and I do feel sorry for them as they are decent folk and they get tarnished with the same brush as the morons in their support. I've seen a few screenshots on social media this week from follow follow at fans enraged at certain bars in Seville closing this week and them saying things like "they are asking for trouble", "they deserve for us to kick off", etc, etc. Why can't they just go and enjoy their team in a European final and savour it, feels like some of them are looking for any reason to kick off. Again there are a lot of decent Rangers fans who don't have that mentality of course it just seems with their support the moronic minority is more audible than most.

Obviously, I know loads of decent Rangers fans but I don't feel for them one bit. 

They CHOOSE to be associated with bigots and a club who appease the biggots by bringing out Orange away tops every other year. It really comes down to what's more important to you, the club you support or your morals. They made their choice and although they are no where near the same bracket of morons that spout sectarian rubbish, by sitting shoulder to shoulder with them on a weekly basis and saying nothing, they deserve to be tarnished with at least the edges of that brush. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Obviously, I know loads of decent Rangers fans but I don't feel for them one bit. 

They CHOOSE to be associated with bigots and a club who appease the biggots by bringing out Orange away tops every other year. It really comes down to what's more important to you, the club you support or your morals. They made their choice and although they are no where near the same bracket of morons that spout sectarian rubbish, by sitting shoulder to shoulder with them on a weekly basis and saying nothing, they deserve to be tarnished with at least the edges of that brush. 

I see where you are coming from tbh. The whole orange thing and bringing out orange strips and thus pandering to the sectarian element among them is crass and 17th century stuff agreed.

• Like 1