Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

On 01/08/2022 at 23:40, Monk said:

Rooting for FC Edinburgh I. league 1 this season - think we will see them in the premiership in years to come. Plus it’s around the part of town I used to live and are not as divisive as supporting the other Edinburgh teams!

Not with their current ground - possibly the worst modern stadium I have seen ever 

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Not with their current ground - possibly the worst modern stadium I have seen ever 

My home town team of Morton have an absolute stinker of a stadium too. 

It's considered a classic old stadium by some but that's because it hasn't been updated in about 60 years. 

(The grounds keeping team are their pride and joy though)

greenock-morton-fc-cappielow-park-wee-dublin-end-1435829386.jpg

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

It epitomises Greenock (the town that its in) perfectly. Nice scenery but look a little closer and you'll end up with hep.

When you've spent 20 years watching football from an all-seater sanitised soulless bowl, the sight of a real old-fashioned ground is ....   well, takes you back to happier times!

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

When you've spent 20 years watching football from an all-seater sanitised soulless bowl, the sight of a real old-fashioned ground is ....   well, takes you back to happier times!

I suppose thats why it's still so highly thought of. 

On 28/08/2022 at 18:56, Scotch said:

It epitomises Greenock (the town that its in) perfectly. Nice scenery but look a little closer and you'll end up with hep.

I've stood in an away section under the roof which had a leak in it, as the wind makes the loose metal sheets rattle. lol

Far better to stand behind the goal, where they used to put away fans years ago, that's a great terrace.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

I've stood in an away section under the roof which had a leak in it, as the wind makes the loose metal sheets rattle. lol

Far better to stand behind the goal, where they used to put away fans years ago, that's a great terrace.

Not been in a while but I think that's still the away end. Its easier to seperate the crowds ad the enter and leave the stadium having them in that side.