Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

1 hour ago, CWC1983 said:

There's history of the Highland League clubs not giving their all in the play offs because promotion would cost them money.Brora springs to mind a few years ago. 

The majority of the clubs in L2 are located in the central belt and miles away from the Highlands.

They also lose their local rivalries v Fraserburgh, Keith etc and replace them with games v Stranraer and Albion Rovers. 

Brechin are based in Tayside, so they will definitely want to go up, Buckie, I'm not so sure. Depends on the ambition of the board.

Yeah, but you'd hope that League football would well compensate.

There are still a few teams "up North" ... Elgin, Peterhead, Cove Rangers, Inverness CT, Ross Cnty, Arbroath.   So it's not all long distance, but yeah I understand the point you're making.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Anyone know when the split fixtures are confirmed? I can't find it anywhere. 

Hoping for a Heart and Hibs weekend :fc:

It was meant to be today but awaiting Sky and Police conformation, so looking like tomorrow. 

I'm sure Sky would love a potential Old Firm game in a couple of weeks which could decide the title, but on Coronation weekend that might not appeal to the police 😆

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Interesting end in the Scottish Championship, straight shootout next week between Dundee and Queens Park (regardless of the Queens Park result today) to win the title and automatic promotion.

On BBC Scotland on Friday as well

Hope you didn't suffer Dundee v Cove last night. Turgid to say the least. 

Dundee fairly put their fans through the ringer every season. 

They should have walked the league this season but they are making heavy weather of it. 

Queens Park are maybe a season too early to go up. 

Just now, CWC1983 said:

Hope you didn't suffer Dundee v Cove last night. Turgid to say the least. 

Dundee fairly put their fans through the ringer every season. 

They should have walked the league this season but they are making heavy weather of it. 

Queens Park are maybe a season too early to go up. 

Unfortunately I did watch most of it, highlight was that awful tackle on Logan by Cameron that comms were passing off as just a 50/50

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Unfortunately I did watch most of it, highlight was that awful tackle on Logan by Cameron that comms were passing off as just a 50/50

Dundee now just need a draw. QP are on a terrible run of form. 

Logan is a bit marmite. Admire him for standing up to Celtic and the racism claims, however I've seen him about town and he's a dick when there are ladies around. 

Fait play to him for carrying on playing, he's also recently got qualified as a plumber and started his own business. Some of the reviews aren't great though 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Scenes at the scottish semi final didn't dissapoint, compare that to the FA cup semi finals.:D

I love that the stewards and police just seem to let them get on with it.

Where have the players gone?:D

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Scenes at the scottish semi final didn't dissapoint, compare that to the FA cup semi finals.:D

I love that the stewards and police just seem to let them get on with it.

Where have the players gone?:D

Can smell the BO just by watching the vid

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/04/2023 at 09:36, Tommy Fresh said:

Interesting end in the Scottish Championship, straight shootout next week between Dundee and Queens Park (regardless of the Queens Park result today) to win the title and automatic promotion.

On BBC Scotland on Friday as well

9 of the 10 teams have still got something to play for.   Great end to the season.  

I've enjoyed watching lots of the games on iplayer.   It's lacks a bit of quality, but good wholesome efforts ... and not too much play-acting.

• Like 1

On 30/04/2023 at 20:50, worth_the_wait said:

9 of the 10 teams have still got something to play for.   Great end to the season.  

I've enjoyed watching lots of the games on iplayer.   It's lacks a bit of quality, but good wholesome efforts ... and not too much play-acting.

Yeah pretty mad, only 1 team, Raith Rovers know what league they'll be playing in for definite next season.

Och, I'm not really bothered who goes up. 

QP would be good for someone new in the SPL, but Dundee brings a bigger crowd to away grounds and a Tayside derby is usually good for some drama. 

I only wish they'd move the microphone away from Owen Coyle. 

• Like 1