Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

Rodgers sadly is a very good manager riddled by a disgraceful ego 

But watching this performance reminds me of the good days, and what could have been if we didn't mess up the finances at the club, I don't wish him any bad blood and I believe he was fitted up a little by Rudkin, don't get me wrong he lost the plot at the end and should have been sacked at Christmas 

Be interesting to see how they cope in the new champions league set up, think it might suit 

He will be back in premier league in next year or two 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

A bit like the EPL then? 😉

Yep, just as boring, yep.

I guess there is some form of and slight more competition with element of surprise below that top spot in the EPL, and then below that it's a bang average league of which some like to call the best league in the world (it's not - someone's then gonna ask which league is, to clarify, what I mean is, it's certainly no better than any other league is what I mean by that), but this is the SPL thread.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Rangers look dreadful.

Celtic have got the Asian scouting market spot on.

The whole club is struggling it seems 

Don't support or feel a lot for either as I hate sectarian nonsense, but it's quite tragic to watch a genuine huge club look like a league One outfit 

Maybe time for Celtic to come south and allow Rangers to rebuild 

9 minutes ago, the draper said:

The whole club is struggling it seems 

Don't support or feel a lot for either as I hate sectarian nonsense, but it's quite tragic to watch a genuine huge club look like a league One outfit 

Maybe time for Celtic to come south and allow Rangers to rebuild 

You really can't expect Rangers to spend 10's of millions just to compete against Celtic.....it's financial ruin 

2 hours ago, the draper said:

But watching this performance reminds me of the good days, and what could have been if we didn't mess up the finances at the club, I don't wish him any bad blood and I believe he was fitted up a little by Rudkin, don't get me wrong he lost the plot at the end and should have been sacked at Christmas 

Be interesting to see how they cope in the new champions league set up, think it might suit 

That's a good post.

Although, l really don't see him back in The Premier League.

If clubs see him as a top flight manager on the back of winning titles in Scotland again, fair enough, but Celtic have no competition, even Rangers roll over. 

Some form of success in Europe, where Celtic have been woeful, is his only way back to The Premier League.

It's all about opinions though. 

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Celtic should absolutely not move south, and if they do they start in at least the national league.

They have no right to take the place of any team in the football league. Just because they have a big fan base, and being handed champions league £ every season is not a reason. May as well just start inviting anyone in on that basis. Ajax? PSV maybe? It's only 250 miles from London to Amsterdam and they've got a big fanbase. Get em on board.

Notwithstanding any of the above, the thought of the toxicity of either of those two in English football would inevitably bring is the stuff of nightmares. Keep it where it is.

Exactly. You cannot move teams out of professional leagues because they find it too comfortable.

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

What is going wrong at Hearts ?

Drew with Rangers in the first game but lost every match since .

Potential to be a really interesting league this year. I don't think either of the Edinburgh pair will be in real trouble come the season's end, but Hearts in particular really do need to start making more money from players they sell, be they academy products or otherwise. Historically they've been okay but only 1 of their top 10 record sales has happened in the past decade. Hibs aren't too much better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Interestingly enough I've always thought if one of these rich money men was to buy say Hearts or Hibs or Aberdeen they could really challenge Celtic/Rangers and make a big difference with the whole competitive nature of Scottish football 

That wouldn't make sense. These clubs have low support, a typical Aberdeen home game attracts 10,000 and Hib 15,000. They have no International following so no TV money or lucrative sponsors incoming. As an investment vehicle it'd be 'see that hole over there'.

47 minutes ago, Bazly said:

That wouldn't make sense. These clubs have low support, a typical Aberdeen home game attracts 10,000 and Hib 15,000. They have no International following so no TV money or lucrative sponsors incoming. As an investment vehicle it'd be 'see that hole over there'.

They have the most potential growth though which is where it does make sense. Hearts in particular have a good potential support being an Edinburgh based club so if they were successful more often their support would grow easily

you could argue Dundee United Dundee St Mirren and Partick Thistle for similar reasons - teams already at the top you can't really grow whereas these clubs outside the traditional ones have much more potent in my opinion. Certainly the ones with big catchment areas around them

On 01/09/2024 at 08:36, the draper said:

It's odd that everyone forgets that during COVID the owner basically had zero income. Money is everything. The light burned very bright at this club until the owner took a serious hit. It will probably take a couple years more but that light can still burn again.

10 minutes ago, so1 said:

It's odd that everyone forgets that during COVID the owner basically had zero income. Money is everything. The light burned very bright at this club until the owner took a serious hit. It will probably take a couple years more but that light can still burn again.

Doesn't really hold water when we decided to back the manager with the biggest net spend in our history- three large signings and no major sales- in the summer following lockdown.

11 hours ago, Bazly said:

Aberdeen has been 17k for the last 3 seasons.

Hasn't been as low as 10k since 2010.