Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

On 22/04/2022 at 12:51, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Game of opinions mate. I personally don't think the issue was sacking Ross, more the fact their dice roll of an appointment didn't quite work. If you're higher up than the manager and the place is stagnating, how many windows do you allow? How much money do you invest? How many players you bring in to suit a manager you're not buying into and are subsequently stuck with? The idea was right, the appointment was wasn't. Ross is a very capable manager but it looked like he was cooked there.

I think the examples of Motherwell and Dundee Utd say more about the dire quality in that glut of mid-table sides rather than providing any great fable about loyalty. They were all as bad as each other. Only Ross County looked like they wanted to finish Top 6 at the arse end of the season. 

Fair enough mate, like you say we can agree on the appointment of Ross' replacement being a disaster.

All set up for a cracker at Celtic park on Sunday, a victory for us means that Rangers could only mathematically win it on goal difference and would have to win each of their remaining games 5 or 6 nil. Would be great to virtually win it at Celtic park but would bite the hand off anyone that offered me a point also!

10 hours ago, Corky said:

Chris Sutton makes it sound like Postecoglou has taken Livingston to the title.

I heard that - Mark Chapman wasn't sure what to say afterwards.

Sure they did well after bringing in a lot of players but Celtic were always in a 2 horse race.

Hardly a "miracle"

1 minute ago, Super_horns said:

Think St Johnstone would beat either team?

A lot of people thought Killie would beat Dundee last year.

It often gets to the side which has it all to lose.

Any of you who are connoisseurs of accents, or who are down there and think that all Scots speak like Groundskeeper Willie, just drink in that East Coast accent of the co-commentary from Michael Stewart. lol