Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

On 18/03/2023 at 08:43, purpleronnie said:

I assume if they behaved themselves they would have away fans, sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

No, nothing to do with that. Rangers decided to start this by reducing allocations after we were regularly humping them at Ibrox under rodgers. Typically the safest place to be in Glasgow on old form day is at the game.

Another old firm game, another set of fans outing a referee's private life on social media and calling for "action" against them in their daily lives. 

Absoloute cry babies. 

Both side have history doing this, it's tin pot and embarrassing. 

No wonder the SFA struggle to attract referees into the system. 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

No, nothing to do with that. Rangers decided to start this by reducing allocations after we were regularly humping them at Ibrox under rodgers. Typically the safest place to be in Glasgow on old form day is at the game.

Celtic and Rangers lock away fans OUT of final two Premiership derbies this season - Daily Record

But both clubs have now agreed with police bosses that only home supporters will be permitted access to either stadium the two remaining league matches this season following a spate of incidents that include the throwing of missiles and assaults.

:dunno:

9 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

@Super_horns Pollock was immense tonight. 

Made for the SPL. 

Who knows what his future is here ?

He probably just wants to play under a settled manager !

A young player so would be nice for him to get a chance here but we would probably accept something.

Edited by Super_horns

3 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Who knows what his future is here ?

He probably just wants to play under a settled manager !

A young player so would be nice for him to get a chance here but we would probably accept

It's still in the balance,  but 3rd place guarantees European group football next season. 

Potentially £5m extra revenue that I'm sure we could free £200k for Mattie.....🤣

• Like 1

On 11/04/2023 at 11:50, purpleronnie said:

That’s just from this season, the reduced allocation started a few years ago and it was nothing to do with police or any incidents. If anything the incidents have got worse since Rangers cut the allocations initially. The Celtic physio had his head split open with a bottle and Joe Hart had a bottle thrown at him that hit the cross bar and smashed in the goal mouth. The police didn’t step in after any of those incidents and insist on no fans.

The reason the police have intervened now as it’s actually more problematic for them to police inside and outside the ground from a segregation point of view with 700 fans at either ground than it was when each sets of fans had an entire stand with isolated access, etc. That’s from the horses mouth from a friends relative who is the third in command in Policr Scotland.

Hopefully no fans leads to Rangers putting the dummy back in and going back to the old allocations. That’s what fans of both sides who actually go the games prefer. Celtic have been consistent and public that they wish to go back to the old allocation and were against it being cut in the first place.

Edited by Muzzy_Larsson

16 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Simply the GOAT club anthem

I was in that what the players are looking at. Absolutely unreal. It’s shot into my top atmospheres I’ve ever been. 

Unlike the Glasgow uglies, you have a full away end and at least the decency of both sets to applaud the rememberance of someone passing away. 

My fiancée’s mate took a video from her bus (she was joining us in Leith for a few shandies after) - and you can hear it above everything 

17 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Gewon Hibs, feels like their first derby win in ****ing ages

Ninth attempt for stattos like me. 

Didn’t realise also how much Neilson was hated by Hearts fans for losing the cup semi to Hibs (very Rodgers losing at Forest in the Cup)

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Ninth attempt for stattos like me. 

Didn’t realise also how much Neilson was hated by Hearts fans for losing the cup semi to Hibs (very Rodgers losing at Forest in the Cup)

The Hearts lads from Terrace seemed to think on reflection Neilson's spells will be looked on positively, although felt it was the right time for him to go.

41 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I was in that what the players are looking at. Absolutely unreal. It’s shot into my top atmospheres I’ve ever been. 

Unlike the Glasgow uglies, you have a full away end and at least the decency of both sets to applaud the rememberance of someone passing away. 

My fiancée’s mate took a video from her bus (she was joining us in Leith for a few shandies after) - and you can hear it above everything 

The scots still know how to create an atmsphere, the old firm derby, the edinburgh derby, the tayside derby all beat anything i've experienced south of the border.

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Oh brother, bet that was class. Love how Easter Road just reveals itself.

Nisbet is capable of being a 10-15 goal a season striker in the Championship if he can stay injury free, not overly polished but has a great knack of being in the right place at the right time.

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Oh brother, bet that was class. Love how Easter Road just reveals itself.

Nisbet is capable of being a 10-15 goal a season striker in the Championship if he can stay injury free, not overly polished but has a great knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Nisbet and Shankland were best players by far. Newell worked his socks off yesterday. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Nisbet and Shankland were best players by far. Newell worked his socks off yesterday. 

Newell is a weird one, pretty competent without being special but has outlasted plenty of other CMs who've come in to decent fanfare and been largely underwhelming. Shame Kyle Magennis is made from the same stuff as Matty James.

Agree about Johnson, think fundamentally Hibs need to look at their recruitment structure (the late owner's son had a bit too much say in signings) but for the cash they and Hearts invest they shouldn't be looking over their shoulder at being bottom 6 when the league splits.

15 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Massive final game tomorrow in the Highland League.   

Buckie Thistle (Top, 87 points) v Brechin City (2nd, 86 points) .

Winner goes into a playoff with the Lowland League winners ... I think (assuming it's not one of the Celtic/Rangers 'B' teams?)

Spartans from Edinburgh. Been trying for a while to get in the pyramid 

13 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Massive final game tomorrow in the Highland League.   

Buckie Thistle (Top, 87 points) v Brechin City (2nd, 86 points) .

Winner goes into a playoff with the Lowland League winners ... I think (assuming it's not one of the Celtic/Rangers 'B' teams?)

The B teams can't go up, so Spartans have won it. 

There's history of the Highland League clubs not giving their all in the play offs because promotion would cost them money.Brora springs to mind a few years ago. 

The majority of the clubs in L2 are located in the central belt and miles away from the Highlands.

They also lose their local rivalries v Fraserburgh, Keith etc and replace them with games v Stranraer and Albion Rovers. 

Brechin are based in Tayside, so they will definitely want to go up, Buckie, I'm not so sure. Depends on the ambition of the board.