Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

2 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Awful week for Queen's Park.

Losing out on winning the title and now heading out of the play-offs.

I don’t think in the long term that was a bad thing for Queens Park. Still gotta sort out their stadium situation and the club has zoomed up the divisions as it turned pro. Gotta build more before making the top flight leap. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

A very strange and dramatic half in the Hamilton v Alloa game .

The away side went 2 up so were 3 up on aggregate but then had a man sent off .

Hamilton have managed to come back to lead 4-2.

In the middle of all this Alloa missed a penalty!

At 2 down the Hamilton fans converged on the board,  police restored order. 

No doubt the board are now the greatest thing since sliced bread 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Didn't even know there was an Old Firm today. Hopefully one day they'll play each other for shower gel so both sets of fans can finally not smell like bins

I went for a run round the South Side of Glasgow at 10:00am, and I passed several be-shirted Orcs and Beggars walking down the road with tinnies in their hands, nowhere near the ground.   :beer:

36 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Rangers releasing Kent and Morelos on a free. Kent would be a decent freebie for either bottom half premier league club or championship side.

Im sure those who follow Rangers on here will correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he been woefully out of form for months now. Properly lost his way.

2 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Im sure those who follow Rangers on here will correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't he been woefully out of form for months now. Properly lost his way.

He's been dire for 2 years.  His 5 goals and 18 assists in 70 odd games playing for Rangers is abysmal. 

Kent and Morelos sold 2 years ago could have fetched £30m in revenue. 

2 years later, 1 Scottish Cup to their name and leaving for £0. Really poor business when the club are losing money season after season. 

@Super_horns

How rubbish are scotish refs,  below? Yellow card initially until var called him over. That's our star striker injured for a while. 

If celtic win the cup we get guaranteed group stage European football, circa £5m revenue which is significant to us. 

Dundee utd spent money they didn't have in the summer, they will have to offload most of the squad to stay solvent. 

Hearts 🤣  were telling everyone they were the new 3rd force. Hibs could go above them on Saturday. 

Jim Goodwin is having a belter of a season. 

Humiliated at Aberdeen (and look how well they've done since he left) and now his rescue mission at Dundee United sees them going down (bar a miracle), with the double embarrassment for their fans that city rivals Dundee FC are coming up to replace them.

And he was on the telly last night saying he wants the chance to carry on managing Dundee United next season lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Humiliated at Aberdeen (and look how well they've done since he left) and now his rescue mission at Dundee United sees them going down (bar a miracle), with the double embarrassment for their fans that city rivals Dundee FC are coming up to replace them.

And he was on the telly last night saying he wants the chance to carry on managing Dundee United next season lol

Seems after Jack Ross went they were interested in Thomson, then didn't bother with him after Fox was sacked. Wonder if they'll go back in for him now if Goodwin does go and if they did whether he'd entertain it.

9 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Partick Thistle very impressive over 2 legs.

Football-wise yes.   But very disappointing to see the playacting cheating to get the Ayr player sent off.  (hardly necessary, as they were 4-0 up on aggregate by then anyway).    And poor by the ref as well, a booking would've sufficed    I noticed that the main Partick striker was also up to that trick in the first minute, when clearly pushed in the back, he went down clutching his head.  

Really disappointing, as one of the things I've loved about the Friday night Championship games was the lack of playacting/feigning injury/cheating, and that refs weren't fooled by it when anyone did occasionally try it.

• Like 1

On 26/05/2023 at 07:26, Vacamion said:

Worst still, they have let him lol 

Peak Scottish football

3 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Worst still, they have let him lol 

Peak Scottish football

I was genuinely gobsmacked when I read that. I can’t think of a manager off the top of my head that’s had a worse season than Goodwin and they’ve given him the job. Crazy stuff!