Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Scottish Football

3 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Hmmm. The Yanks have been quite hands off so far save a couple of underwhelming loanees from Bournemouth (apart from Marcondes who was far too good for Hibs, just rusty). It's a shame they're not too involved in the day to day because Bill Foley seems really switched on as an owner. Hibs are crap but they do tend to give their managers time, Nick Montgomery should've been out on his arse well before the end of last season – hiring / firing falls mainly on Ron Gordon's son Ian, Malky Mackay and a bloke called Ben Kensell rather than Foley / Black Knight themselves. But their whole boardroom structure is a bit of a mess, Leanne Dempster was the last seemingly competent director they had and she left four years ago.

Their player recruitment is a shambles, Brian McDermott came in as DoF last season and didn't last 12 months. A bloated squad full of crap – or people who simply forget how to play football. Keeper, centre half and centre mid have been unsettled problem positions for ages.

If they can get a back four of

Obita - O'Hora - Ekpiteta - Miller/Cadden

Playing together every week with rather than a revolving door of chancers they might be solid, but I'm not holding any breath. 

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Foley said those actually running Hibs are seemingly not taking on a lot of advice they get given

My point being, I think Foley is waiting to sack Gray before putting his own man and structure in. Well, it was something they said on Open Goal and it got me thinking. 

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

My point being, I think Foley is waiting to sack Gray before putting his own man and structure in. Well, it was something they said on Open Goal and it got me thinking. 

I don't think Foley has the power to sack managers unfortunately; he "only" owns 25% of the club. The Gordon's (or Bydand Sports) still have majority control and it's mainly their men at board level making decisions. Also not sure sacking a club legend at the first sign of trouble would be a great idea regardless. The fanbase is already on-the-fence at the idea of being part of multi-club ownership model.

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

Yeah as @Miquel The Work Geordie has said he doesn't have that much power hence why he's been critical of those with that power not listening to their advice.

Aberdeen signs Ante Palaversa, a Croatian dude who Man City spent £7m on a few years ago. 

1 year contract with the option of another 2 screams injury prone. 

Comes from Troyes, part of the City group and maybe a sweetener for Miovski heading to Girona. 

4 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Nice windfall for Aberdeen selling Miovski.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c05jm3mjml1o.amp

Bought him for £600k 2 years ago, sold for £6m.

It's the way Scotish clubs can attract players, ie a stepping stone to Italy, Spain, England, Germany.  Miovski, Ferguson, Ramadami, Ramsey all gone to bigger leagues in last 2 years for circa £16m.

with the cash we've bought a winger from Helsinki @ £900k, Topi Keskinen, under 21 Finland International. 

Massive outlay for an SPL club. 

A chance for Celtic to take the higher ground and let Rangers fans in for the 1st OF game. 

It would put pressure on Rangers to do the same but no, typical tit for tat between those 2. 

I was surprised to see Brendon toe the party line, he looked very subservient in his interview today. 

On 16/08/2024 at 17:14, CWC1983 said:

A chance for Celtic to take the higher ground and let Rangers fans in for the 1st OF game. 

It would put pressure on Rangers to do the same but no, typical tit for tat between those 2. 

I was surprised to see Brendon toe the party line, he looked very subservient in his interview today. 

They took the higher ground. They did what they promised to do at the beginning. Failure has consequences.

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Adam Idah may genuinely be one of the worst strikers I've ever seen

Definite material for some bullshit Rodgers quote about being like Vardy or Suarez or something.

Norwich didn't seem bothered about losing him.