Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Weller in Tights

Any UNION FS on here, an appeal to you

Firstly can I say that I really do appreciate you are loyal fans that are trying to do your best to create an atmosphere. The TIFOS you have organised have been brilliant and you are doing great work in supporting food banks.

Could I please, with the best intentions though, make a few suggestions.

1. If any other group/area of the Kop start a chant, join in. I have witnessed a number of occasions where UNION FS ignore the fact other fans are singing/chanting and they start up a different chant/song.

2. Please don’t use the drum on every chant/song (it really isn’t needed on some chants/songs). Also, once the song is dying down, don’t just keep on blindly drumming, this is often done (as said before) when another group of fans start singing/chanting.

3. Please, please, please, slow down.

WYS has been butchered by the fact it is sung at 1,000mph (I appreciate UNION FS aren’t the first to have speeded up this classic, which many years ago was sung slowly, clearly and had a hand waving bit at the end which was unique).  But it’s not just WYS that is sung at 1,000mph.  The songs/chants just merge into an aural blur with the speed they’re sung at.  The best songs/chants are the least complex and easy for fans to learn, for example the one for Caglar at the moment (which by coincidence is not sung at 1,000mph and so easy to join in with).

i genuinely admire your enthusiasm/loyalty and attempts to give the ground a better atmosphere, I am simply putting to you that these three pointers may help you further.

keep up the cracking work 👍💙

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

@Weller in Tights, regarding point 1, I put it to you that the acoustics are such that the chant will start coincidentally - I have noticed that one cannot often not hear chants elsewhere, even if close by.

Yeah not to make excuses but point one is a weird one. I'm on the edge of SK1 the 1st full block. And can often hear ufs in one ear and some faint chant from sk2/3/4 in the other. I'd suggest if the lads in sk1 are going at it with the drum. They probably cant hear **** all other than what they are doing.

Also with point 3. Ufs are the one group that for a number of years have been trying to slow the tempo of WYS but when it does catch on across the rest of sk1 and 2 etc it tends to end up accompanying a run away train in an old movie.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Weller in Tights said:

Firstly can I say that I really do appreciate you are loyal fans that are trying to do your best to create an atmosphere. The TIFOS you have organised have been brilliant and you are doing great work in supporting food banks.

Could I please, with the best intentions though, make a few suggestions.

1. If any other group/area of the Kop start a chant, join in. I have witnessed a number of occasions where UNION FS ignore the fact other fans are singing/chanting and they start up a different chant/song.

2. Please don’t use the drum on every chant/song (it really isn’t needed on some chants/songs). Also, once the song is dying down, don’t just keep on blindly drumming, this is often done (as said before) when another group of fans start singing/chanting.

3. Please, please, please, slow down.

WYS has been butchered by the fact it is sung at 1,000mph (I appreciate UNION FS aren’t the first to have speeded up this classic, which many years ago was sung slowly, clearly and had a hand waving bit at the end which was unique).  But it’s not just WYS that is sung at 1,000mph.  The songs/chants just merge into an aural blur with the speed they’re sung at.  The best songs/chants are the least complex and easy for fans to learn, for example the one for Caglar at the moment (which by coincidence is not sung at 1,000mph and so easy to join in with).

i genuinely admire your enthusiasm/loyalty and attempts to give the ground a better atmosphere, I am simply putting to you that these three pointers may help you further.

keep up the cracking work 👍💙

1. They do whenever they hear another chant from elsewhere. Not always easy to hear when there's a din in the immediate area around you.

2. They don't drum to every song, but the beat does help revive songs occasionally.

3. They try. Sadly it tends to speed up as it spreads.

Drop me a message if you fancy a pint with the lads. Always welcome new faces and ideas. :thumbup:

• Like 3