Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tim'llFixIt

Family stand predicament ... help

I have bought some tickets for tonight from a friend, the only problem is after purchasing I realised it was for  for one adult and one under 16, we are in the family stand. Seeing as i do not have children i was hoping to take an elderly relative with me instead as it has been years since he has been able to come to a game, I called the club to upgrade the under 16 ticket to a concessions and i have been nigh on laughed out of there by the operator who told me straight up, No i cant upgrade it. I replied saying that i will just have to send him in on his own and or go by myself and was told that i would be unable to on account of me having no child to bring to the game.

Any ideas on what to do for help here, I do feel a bit stuffed, sounds like there are going to be two empty paid for seats, and I completely understand the point of the family stand I really do, but in trying to be honest about it and not sneak the old boy in on a cheap ticket i feel we are being shafted by the club a little.

Just go for it 

The ticketing light flashes orange for a concession ticket, which is what it would do if your elderly guy had an oap ticket.

They say you're supposed to go in with kids, but I don't know if that is enforced. It never was three years ago when I last had a season ticket there.

Maybe just follow a family in and you'll be fine

• Like 4

Even if you had not told the club and tried to get in, you may well have been stopped at the turnstiles and prevented from getting in anyway.

When my ST was in the family stand and my daughter could not attend, I was often stopped and told to get a special ‘pass’ from the ticket office.

i presume you have asked if there are 2 seats elsewhere that you could take?

7 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Even if you had not told the club and tried to get in, you may well have been stopped at the turnstiles and prevented from getting in anyway.

When my ST was in the family stand and my daughter could not attend, I was often stopped and told to get a special ‘pass’ from the ticket office.

i presume you have asked if there are 2 seats elsewhere that you could take?

I have asked and they only have hospitality at £100 a pair so that is out of the question. I'm thinking get there early and try our luck, any nonsense from the stewards and we will get our selves to the ticket office see if we can get one of these magic passes, i know they do them for season ticket holders.

Most annoying thing is i'm trying to do the honest thing and not rip the club off, its just not going well atm.

10 minutes ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

I'm gonna head down and try my luck, i'll bung a tenner in my pocket in case i have to line someones hand, and if all else fails pour my heart out to the ticket office.

If..the lights on the turnstiles are the same colour for kids/oaps then you will be fine. 
Don’t worry about not having a under 18 with you as you approach the turnstiles, 
stewards do check your ticket outside, but it’s just a quick glance to make sure you’re in the correct stand. 
My kids always go off ahead of me and enter on there own, so I also go in on my own and I’ve never been stopped once. 

They don’t stop you outside or inside if you’re not with a kid 

You only get stopped as you exit the turnstiles into the ground if you have the incorrect ticket for your age 

there are 2 stewards inside the concourse looking at the light system above the turnstile as you walk in. 

Edited by Blackboots only