Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tim'llFixIt

Family stand predicament ... help

4 hours ago, dynamark said:

No he was arrested and given a week in the slammer

3 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

I did hear an OAP was executed outside the stadium last night.

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I saw an old boy getting dragged away from the family stand in handcuffs, he was mouthing off about something saying that 'it should be the f*****g kop anyway'.

Well, I guess if you're going to try and sneak in to see the 'Spectacular Light Show' you gotta pay the price 🤷

The Family Club, as it was originally called, was set up in 1978-79 I believe.  

Anyway, it was originally set up on the old Filbert Street Main Stand Enclosure terracing.   I think it was set up so that mums, dads and kiddies could be guarenteed a nice safe space in the ground.   There was plenty of hooliganism kicking around then, so it was quite a neat idea at the time.

Fast forward 41 years to the modern, safe, antiseptic, all-seater havens we have to day ... where you're probably more likely to be hit on the head with a meteorite than a punch ...

The whole ground is as safe as cotton wool, and bad language is practically zero.  (assuming anyone can be bothered to shout anything in the forst place).

What actually is the point of a Family Stand in 2020?   

• Like 4

22 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

The Family Club, as it was originally called, was set up in 1978-79 I believe.  

Anyway, it was originally set up on the old Filbert Street Main Stand Enclosure terracing.   I think it was set up so that mums, dads and kiddies could be guarenteed a nice safe space in the ground.   There was plenty of hooliganism kicking around then, so it was quite a neat idea at the time.

Fast forward 41 years to the modern, safe, antiseptic, all-seater havens we have to day ... where you're probably more likely to be hit on the head with a meteorite than a punch ...

The whole ground is as safe as cotton wool, and bad language is practically zero.  (assuming anyone can be bothered to shout anything in the forst place).

What actually is the point of a Family Stand in 2020?   

I do agree with the sentiment, however there is a Premier League rule that states - Each Club shall provide an area of its Stadium for the exclusive use of family group and junior supporters. So maybe this is why they are quite strict about having a child with you.

What is the general approach if you turn up at the family stand without your offspring??  My lad is heading towards maybe missing plenty of a season coz he's at Uni, can I still go in without him with my adult ticket, I don't want lots of aggro every fortnight trying to get in......

Family Stand is good coz the tickets are cheap.....

27 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

What is the general approach if you turn up at the family stand without your offspring??  My lad is heading towards maybe missing plenty of a season coz he's at Uni, can I still go in without him with my adult ticket, I don't want lots of aggro every fortnight trying to get in......

Last season I bought tickets for my daughter and me in the family stand, but she couldn't make it at the last minute. I went on my own but took her ticket with me. I got questioned about going in on my own, and got the impression that I might have been turned away, but I showed them her ticket and they reluctantly let me in when I explained. It might be different now though. Also, plenty of people here have said there's no problem getting in as an adult without a child. 

Could you maybe relocate your seats? 

1 hour ago, The boy Linacre said:

Surely if he's going to Uni he'll be over 18 so you'll have to relocate anyway? 

Just throwing my two pennies in. I personally think we need a family stand/area, and well away from the home supporters adjacent to the away fans in the east stand. I'm often in the family stand but my mate gave me his ST for the east stand at the Newcastle game in September. My conclusion was that I wouldn't want my 10 year old daughter trampled by p*ssheads when we score a goal. I dont think a carte blanche approach would work, I think there needs to be a family zone and as far away from the away corner as possible.

4 hours ago, Foxxed said:

Good luck with your predicament and the mods can help you change your name or user title or both.

Screenshot 2020-01-10 at 21.32.43.png

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Is that aimed at me? I'm fairly new on here so please ignore if I'm wrong! 

• Haha 2