Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Spudulike

Slimani

He never truly suited our system but he does have potential if you play to his strengths. 

I'd take his Newcastle move with a pinch of salt as he was banned and injured for most of that. 

It's all too easy writing someone off if the fit isn't right, I just hope we get a decent fee for him.

23 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

People think buying Silimani was a bad deal but we have actually got more back already than we paid for him sending him on loan.

I very much doubt that, try using a calculator.

How many clubs has he been on loan at to recover the best part of £27m?

6 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

I very much doubt that, try using a calculator.

How many clubs has he been on loan at to recover the best part of £27m?

IIRC we had a £2m fee from Newcastle but I believe the Fernabache and Monaco loans didn't even warrant a loan fee. 

Just now, Gerard said:

IIRC we had a £2m fee from Newcastle but I believe the Fernabache and Monaco loans didn't even warrant a loan fee. 

So Fox85 believes three clubs each paid us £9m in loan fees but we'll accept £4m from Man U who we're in competition with for a CL place.

Glad he doesn't do my accounts.

2 hours ago, davieG said:

Mail.

Manchester United make shock enquiry for Leicester flop Islam Slimani with Foxes set to charge their rivals a £4m loan fee as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer desperately searches for a striker after Marcus Rashford's injury

Islam Slimani has emerged as a surprise target for Manchester United this month

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperately scouring the market for a new striker

Slimani is currently on loan at Monaco but he could join United until the summer

Foxes are looking to capitalise on United's desperation by charging £4m fee 

By SIMON JONES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 10:36, 24 January 2020 | UPDATED: 10:46, 24 January 2020

Manchester United have enquired about the possibility of signing Leicester flop Islam Slimani on loan, but have been told it will cost them a £4million fee. 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is desperately searching for a new striker following Marcus Rashford's long-term injury and Anthony Martial's topsy-turvy form. 

United have just seven days to bolster their forward line and now Solskjaer has been forced into trying to sign Slimani. 

Manchester United are interested in signing Leicester flop Islam Slimani this month

Slimani, who scored just eight Premier League goals in 35 appearances for Leicester, remains on the books at the King Power Stadium but has been on loan at Monaco this season. 

He was previously shipped out on loan to Newcastle, where he failed to score in four appearances, and Fenerbahce.  

The 31-year-old Algerian has had to make do with a substitute role at the Ligue 1 side in recent weeks but he is now being considered by Manchester United. 

Leicester have told Manchester United that they would have to pay a £4m fee just to sign him on loan until the end of the season. 

Slimani has scored seven goals in 14 appearances for Monaco this season but the fact he failed to set the Premier League alight shows how desperate United are. 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..ahem...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Edited by AllGoneTitsSchlupp
  • Haha 4

On 20/01/2020 at 12:19, peach0000 said:

Just one in a long list of strikers who were decent but didn’t live up to expectations because we’ve all been spoiled by having Vardy. The guy never got a proper chance. 

You clearly didnt see the shitshow i saw then.

• Like 2

He just used to make me laugh. 

And I accept we didn't play to his strengths.... we should have strapped a cart to him ;):D

I'm being unfair, I know I am, and somewhat cruel. There was obviously something about him that made us interested. I guess it just baffles me as to why we paid so much, an expensive Plan B, as he was never a fit for the way we played. 

12 minutes ago, Guesty said:

The funniest thing about this is going onto Twitter and typing in Slimani. From looking at the reactions: it's finally dawning on some Untied fans how far they've fallen.

Brilliant isnt it haha.

• Haha 1