Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Claudiofox

Something is wrong ? The question is how to fix it

16 minutes ago, Mark said:

Rodgers has said numerous times his teams get better in the second half of the season.🤔

That was certainly the case for us last season anyway, we were dire the first half of the season, think it was one of our worst starts to a season on record then we went on a run of relentlessly winning game after game before and a little bit after he departed.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Let's not forget that he hasn't even been here a full year yet and you consider how long it took Klopp to get Liverpool to the behemoth of a team they are now and even Guardiola was all over the place the first season. 

Fair point and true. My concern is losing players to such clubs and having to build again season after season - but maybe that's all a part of it too. Two steps forward, one step back - or the other way around, whichever it is. 

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They have done at some previous clubs, this is why it might well be a work in progress here. Let's not forget that he hasn't even been here a full year yet and you consider how long it took Klopp to get Liverpool to the behemoth of a team they are now and even Guardiola was all over the place the first season. Our issue is that we have been phenomenal from fairly early on and if we missed out on top 4 then I do worry whether that would effect them and Rodgers to the point of always falling short in the future. If we make top 4, even if we scrape it it will feel like a massive achievement and something to build on. If we miss out, it will be hanging over them all and pressure will truly be on.

I think this is spot on, given the start to the season and the cushion you still have despite this ropey spell, Champions League qualification could be a defining factor, one way or the other,

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

The table has settled down and we're coming to the business end of the season. 

A lot of teams who started the season playing "their" football are realising they're in a spot of bother and are beginning to fight. If like yesterday we squander our chances we have to try and match them up physically, I just don't think we have that kind of squad or players.

• Like 1

I dont have the answers but I do know this, we are failing to do some basics.

You either give the other team space and counter.

Or you press.

We are doing neither, considering we like to pass, we should also be pressing.

In addition we not tactical fouling when other teams counter against us, instead we just let them counter.  In the last game a burnley player recieved the ball with ricardo right in front of him and then ricardo backed off giving him space he didnt initially have.  Couldnt believe what I was seeing.

There is also too many players who just seem to be lacking sharpness, and I have no idea why that is.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, henrik_62 said:

I think this is spot on, given the start to the season and the cushion you still have despite this ropey spell, Champions League qualification could be a defining factor, one way or the other,

Think so too. And it's hard to see the gap to fifth shrinking that much - esp given Wolves and Man Utd's lack of squad depth.

You could say the same for us, but I'm pretty sanguine we'll hit form again soon.

And if it comes down to the last home match against United - well, bring it on!

Looking at the injuries, euro games etc. etc, I'm less worried by utd and spurs than I am by wolves and sheff utd for the last CL place, wolves do have euro games but they also look a consistent side capable of nicking that last place from either Chelsea or us. 😬😬

I must agree there is something we are not being told about, going on!

You only need to look at their body language now compered to earlier in the season. Everyone was playing for each other they all wanted the ball and with smiles on their faces enjoying the game.

Maybe some players have had a bit of a bust up or it could be all the speculation and rumours around in the lead up and during the transfer window?

I am not sure what the problem is but now they are not wanting the ball so much and not enjoying playing so much, something if differently wrong behind the scenes.

Fingers crossed it’s only temporary, Roger needs to earn his massive new contract and sort this out quickly.

7 minutes ago, grumpy old git said:

I must agree there is something we are not being told about, going on!

Here we go, typical fan comment trying to find an imaginary problem behind the scenes.

Edited by Simoken

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Whats this point...#teams have figured us out..!!

We are 3rd...L'pool,Man.city & even Chelsea have played the same oppo Teams for seasons....

Rodgers has played Plan B...put in different formations & selections & won...

I find it a nonsense point..!!   If we are Good enough we win Simples.!!!

Burnley didnt figure us out,....we had their measure,but just didnt convert our chances...like our other Reverse or poor results.

Exception Man.city & L'pool,we were Simply Not at their level...

I dont think its that teams have figured us out, what I think is that teams have stopped paying us too much respect and its working. 

So many teams feared us in the first half of the season and just let us have the ball and stepped off us, I think they were too worried we would tear them apart. But the last few games when teams have actually got at us, we havent liked it at all. I cant be the only one that felt that teams werent even trying to beat us in some of the games?  It started on day 1 tbh, wolves sat off and just let us have the ball in their half.  

We were guilty of doing this in some of our own games, Man U away being the one that sticks in my mind. We made it easy for them as we didnt beleive we were good enough to take the game to them, despite them not being that good we never really put ourselves in a position to hurt them.  

So rather than sides working out our tactics, I think they will have more of a go at us... as now its evident that we arent as solid and ruthless as perhaps many thought we were. 

The players obviously found Rodgers three envelopes and opened them to find out who would let the side down this season and now it's all gone tits up.

The names were Hamza, Chilly & Gray :ph34r:

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I dont think its that teams have figured us out, what I think is that teams have stopped paying us too much respect and its working. 

So many teams feared us in the first half of the season and just let us have the ball and stepped off us, I think they were too worried we would tear them apart. But the last few games when teams have actually got at us, we havent liked it at all. I cant be the only one that felt that teams werent even trying to beat us in some of the games?  It started on day 1 tbh, wolves sat off and just let us have the ball in their half.  

We were guilty of doing this in some of our own games, Man U away being the one that sticks in my mind. We made it easy for them as we didnt beleive we were good enough to take the game to them, despite them not being that good we never really put ourselves in a position to hurt them.  

So rather than sides working out our tactics, I think they will have more of a go at us... as now its evident that we arent as solid and ruthless as perhaps many thought we were. 

Thats a fans perspective..doesnt actually mean thats the feeling within the Team and management,or what the oppo Think or do...

Fans Chasing  reasons...always amuses me.I Never try und Second guess...Maybe thats Why I might gett frustrated,but Not annoyed..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

31 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Rumours agents have been banned from training ground , no Further contract up grades till the summer review and this has upset some ..... things much more messy than it seems, Rodgers has his first major battle at LCFC, we need fresh blood and hungry blood ASAP 

If this is true then all I can say is AAAH boo diddums!  in every workplace I know, staff have an annual appraisal and pay settlements are decided at a given time each year. Nobody gets several bites of the cherry to ask for a pay rise in any given year, unless of course they are promoted. Most organisations have pay structures, based on seniority and other performance indicators, and any bonuses are also awarded annually, usually based on previously laid out criteria and targets being met.

Every single one of them knows what their basic salary, addons (appearance, win bonuses etc) will be when they sign their (very lucrative) contracts, which will no doubt already have mechanisms built in for index linking, loyalty payments and incremental yearly rises etc. 

I think our club have been more than fair when it comes to reviewing players contracts and offering improved terms were it is merited. If players feel hard done to cos they simply cannot get more money any time they like then they can do one as for as I am concerned. We do not want or need any Divas here. It is not how our club is run.  If they genuinely believe that they deserve improved terms, then I have no problem with this, but they know the rules so enter into proper negotiations at the proper time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, urban fox said:

If this is true then all I can say is AAAH boo diddums!  in every workplace I know, staff have an annual appraisal and pay settlements are decided at a given time each year. Nobody gets several bites of the cherry to ask for a pay rise in any given year, unless of course they are promoted. Most organisations have pay structures, based on seniority and other performance indicators, and any bonuses are also awarded annually, usually based on previously laid out criteria and targets being met.

Every single one of them knows what their basic salary, addons (appearance, win bonuses etc) will be when they sign their (very lucrative) contracts, which will no doubt already have mechanisms built in for index linking, loyalty payments and incremental yearly rises etc. 

I think our club have been more than fair when it comes to reviewing players contracts and offering improved terms were it is merited. If players feel hard done to cos they simply cannot get more money any time they like then they can do one as for as I am concerned. We do not want or need any Divas here. It is not how our club is run.  If they genuinely believe that they deserve improved terms, then I have no problem with this, but they know the rules so enter into proper negotiations at the proper time.

You must know that isn't the case in football though right?

This isn't something new, it's happening at every club with every player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We as fans need to calm down a little here, we just hit a bad patch and still 11 points clear of 5th ! 

the club have some players to sort out, I’d sell anyone not committed to the cause 100% 

we will get through this but the squad needs depth adding to it ! 

we will be playing in champions league next season 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They have done at some previous clubs, this is why it might well be a work in progress here. Let's not forget that he hasn't even been here a full year yet and you consider how long it took Klopp to get Liverpool to the behemoth of a team they are now and even Guardiola was all over the place the first season. Our issue is that we have been phenomenal from fairly early on and if we missed out on top 4 then I do worry whether that would effect them and Rodgers to the point of always falling short in the future. If we make top 4, even if we scrape it it will feel like a massive achievement and something to build on. If we miss out, it will be hanging over them all and pressure will truly be on.

You're spot on about Klopp and it got me thinking about the issue a little more. I did a bit of digging and as it turns out, Liverpool were once in a similar position to us now. Three years ago in January, their form collapsed as they went on to win 1 in 9. At the time, Klopp insisted that it wasn't a physical issue, but rather a mixture of the hectic winter schedule, mental fatigue, and poor decision making. Whatever the reasons for our current slump, we can only hope that Brendan can reinvigorate the team and get us fighting for a place in next season's Champions League.

14 minutes ago, Keiriel said:

You're spot on about Klopp and it got me thinking about the issue a little more. I did a bit of digging and as it turns out, Liverpool were once in a similar position to us now. Three years ago in January, their form collapsed as they went on to win 1 in 9. At the time, Klopp insisted that it wasn't a physical issue, but rather a mixture of the hectic winter schedule, mental fatigue, and poor decision making. Whatever the reasons for our current slump, we can only hope that Brendan can reinvigorate the team and get us fighting for a place in next season's Champions League.

:scarf:thanks for doing the research. Makes sense.

3 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Looking at the injuries, euro games etc. etc, I'm less worried by utd and spurs than I am by wolves and sheff utd for the last CL place, wolves do have euro games but they also look a consistent side capable of nicking that last place from either Chelsea or us. 😬😬

We are third? 

3 hours ago, CityIsBlue said:

You must know that isn't the case in football though right?

This isn't something new, it's happening at every club with every player.

yeah and thats part of the problem. The club is a business like any other and will set budgets, albeit with contingencies, and cannot simply dish out pay rises willy nilly. the sooner these over entitled footballers and their agents learn this the better it will  be for everyone

10 minutes ago, urban fox said:

yeah and thats part of the problem. The club is a business like any other and will set budgets, albeit with contingencies, and cannot simply dish out pay rises willy nilly. the sooner these over entitled footballers and their agents learn this the better it will  be for everyone

Mate it was just a bollocks comment nobody has spat their dummy out because they aren’t getting a new contract. Just chill out.

I’m fairly sure agents are, across the league, not allowed at any training ground unless invited by the club anyway. They have no reason to be there on a daily even weekly basis. That’s like you being at work, but you called a recruitment consultant in to your office  and sat in one of the meeting rooms discussing other options at other companies 10 foot away from your boss. 

You can’t just have agents hanging around the training facility as and when they like, imagine! 

next four games will define our season. Win them all and we are back on track, Wembley final, 5th round FA cup and pretty well cemented in 3rd place widening the gap to fourth.

Lose them all and we have blown our chance of a final, dumped out of FA cup by a lower division side and sliding out of top four.

WWWD will do for me as a minimum. Confidence in the boys but also but fear that i will be disappointed. This is LCFC after all

Edit - thinking about it DWWD will do. that would still leave us at worst 3rd with minimum 4 points above Chelsea and 7 above 5th place

Edited by urban fox
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1