Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There was also advice for people with underlying health conditions to stay at home for 3 months? 

What's the limit for these health conditions? How bad? 

He left that open didn’t he. Can’t believe nobody asked the question.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Exactly, so they are leaving the responsibility (and consequences) to the business. Rather than take that responsibility themselves and help them out in whatever way they can 

Yes and no.  They are leaving it for the business owners to close "voluntarily" and that will have the desired effect of stopping many social gatherings.  

I suspect the reason why they aren't mandating it now is more to do with allowing people to get used to the idea because it would be impossible to police it.  Then, in a couple of weeks if there are still people doing it (a small number) then they can order it and it will be much easier to enforce the law on that small number.

The whole thing is a massive and complicated balancing act.

Edited by nnfox
  • Like 1

The advice is so unclear, I’ve just been on the NHS website and what they deem to be self isolation isn’t even that clear.

If it’s serious enough to be holding a daily press conference, it’s serious enough to be very proscriptive about what people should be doing.

23 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Looking at the way the Italian death rate has increased over the three weeks, I’m more than concerned.... I was thinking that our increase from 21 to 35 today was a better sign than expected but then I looked at the way that Italy has moved and changed my mind !

E620D094-B014-4440-911C-2E270424CE22.thumb.jpeg.edf5ee8a4b8f39f71ed82789a5272575.jpeg

What day are we currently in relation to this 

I backed the government strategy at the start of this but the complete lack of communication will be the death of them. Need to get a handle on this to restore the faith for the public or the panic buying and the lack of direction will continue

It did seem a bit wish washy, but I get going for advice first before fully enforcing it because this is such a mad situation it's a simple case of how you enforce it, I must admit I didnt feel like that was as strong as Thursday's showing and tbh I feel I have more questions, but hopefully with this on the daily we can calm the **** down a bit 

5 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I backed the government strategy at the start of this but the complete lack of communication will be the death of them. Need to get a handle on this to restore the faith for the public or the panic buying and the lack of direction will continue

Telling whole households to self isolate, which is what I thought you should do anyway, is going to stop panic buying isn’t it

2 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It did seem a bit wish washy, but I get going for advice first before fully enforcing it because this is such a mad situation it's a simple case of how you enforce it, I must admit I didnt feel like that was as strong as Thursday's showing and tbh I feel I have more questions, but hopefully with this on the daily we can calm the **** down a bit 

To be fair, even when he asked about enforcing things criminally and what powers he could put in place. He didn't give an answer. 

Guest MattP
23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

There was also advice for people with underlying health conditions to stay at home for 3 months? 

What's the limit for these health conditions? How bad? 

He said it would be in detail on the website shortly.

I swear half the people complaining about lack of information just aren't actually listening properly or are probably playing on their phone or something when it's on.

Everything seems pretty clear to me - we are in social lockdown "unofficially" to see if we can do that and those who can work from home should do so.

Edited by MattP

2 minutes ago, MattP said:

I swear half the people complaining about lack of information just aren't actually listening properly or are probably playing on their phone or something why it's on.

Everything seems pretty clear to me - we are in social lockdown "unofficially" to see if we can do that and those who can work from home should do so.

Agreed. If he had started with police enforcement there would have plenty screaming “Liberty! Liberty!” lol

Guest Kopfkino

Rutte signals that the Netherlands is essentially pursuing a herd immunity strategy and not locking down

So can I go to my wedding this weekend or what? 😔 

Think it might just be ok before the serious lockdown begin, if this wedding gets cancelled then people will need to isolate from my fiancé more than Coronavirus lol

In all seriousness, I am worried what the next few months will bring. Johnson pretty much giving responsibility to the people to isolate where necessary, which will be ignored by some I'm sure, pubs will not be empty but I suppose they will be quieter than usual. On annual leave from Thursday but expect I'll be home working after, which will be pretty pointless to be honest. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, MattP said:

I swear half the people complaining about lack of information just aren't actually listening properly or are probably playing on their phone or something when it's on.

And the rest? 

Wish I could be as calm as you. I didn't think he was clear at and raised more questions than before. 

58 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

How could the government bale out every pub restaurant etc in the country though?? They simply have not got the resources to Put money in to all these business 

They didn’t even make clear that restaurants could still open for take aways or collections like other countries are doing. 

25 minutes ago, MattP said:

But this is it - I can tell you people right down to their 40s can’t negotiate their way onto a website for such details. 

You create a load of headlines, that’s what sticks in public minds 

7 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I spotted somewhere that the years xx20 are dangerous:- 1720 plague, 1820 cholera, 1920 Spanish 'flu, 2020....?

Chas and Dave FA Cup Final songs that never made it:

"It's curtains for plenty when the year ends in twenty..."

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

So can I go to my wedding this weekend or what? 😔 

Think it might just be ok before the serious lockdown begin, if this wedding gets cancelled then people will need to isolate from my fiancé more than Coronavirus lol

In all seriousness, I am worried what the next few months will bring. Johnson pretty much giving responsibility to the people to isolate where necessary, which will be ignored by some I'm sure, pubs will not be empty but I suppose they will be quieter than usual. On annual leave from Thursday but expect I'll be home working after, which will be pretty pointless to be honest. 

Congratulations and hope you have the perfect day.

• Thanks 1