Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

5 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

This is unchecked insanity.

France is a little further forward in the curve than we are.  I suspect the limitations will not apply to french residents or those who have already served a two week quarantine within France, having arrived from another country and ‘done their time’.  France will also have 14 day restrictions on people entering.   There will need to be some kind of document for non residents who have been quarantined. 

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeh, but the rest passed ok.....:).

No fish,no animals,getting People in known bad habits...has already lost tens of millions of jobs which has already led to starvation....

Sorry mate I feel you are making some interesting comments but fundamentally can’t understand what the hell you mean

• Haha 1

i’d pay a lot of money to have a camera at the bottom of snowdon when thousands of scousers go for their exercise, only to be told that wales is a different country and it’s not allowed 

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No because the advice is still to stay at home unless it's essential you leave, other than for exercise 

Boris literally said you can go and sit in a park and his own graphic showed that too. 

And he said you can meet with friends as long as you keep social distancing in place? And if anyone wants to get picky about the 'friends' bit, who the fvck is going to know when you go to sit in a park and maintain the 2m with that 'friend' (family member)?

The 'essential' bit wasn't really mentioned much about what we're allowed to do so maybe they've dropped that bit too.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No because the advice is still to stay at home unless it's essential you leave, other than for exercise 

I'm really not tying to be pedantic Deb but I thought I heard Boris say it was O.K. to go out and enjoy parks and public spaces. I didn't hear him mention a radius/distance so it was a genuine question. I probably wasn't listening properly though tbf.

Either way I'm staying put because I've been told to. I was just curious...

Let's wait until tomorrow to see what is said, the majority of information will be released then.

I can't understand the going to work tomorrow bit though, it was surely too late for most people? So its up to employers to decide still, but those that are currently shut aren't going to decide to open up tomorrow suddenly. Unless its now informing them they can start to make preperations to do so. That was really the confusing bit for me.

Good news that Stan, just gotta be careful not to get caught with my hand down my missus pants in a public park now.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

France is a little further forward in the curve than we are.  I suspect the limitations will not apply to french residents or those who have already served a two week quarantine within France, having arrived from another country and ‘done their time’.  France will also have 14 day restrictions on people entering.   There will need to be some kind of document for non residents who have been quarantined. 

Even with this in mind it's insanity isn't it? 

Don't announce a quarantine for those arriving from another country then agree otherwise with our main port of call. It invites the circumventing of rule and opens up an avenue for the rich, the connected, and the obstinate. We know that this virus respects no boundaries so the rules should be applied as such. 

Just now, Izzy said:

I'm really not tying to be pedantic Deb but I thought I heard Boris say it was O.K. to go out and enjoy parks and public spaces. I didn't hear him mention a radius/distance so it was a genuine question. I probably wasn't listening properly though tbf.

He actually said that the government wants to “encourage more, and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise”

He also said that “those who can not work from home, for example those in construction & manufacturing, should be actively encouraged to go to work”

He then said that “you can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports, but only with other members of your household”

• Thanks 1

Just now, stix said:

He actually said that the government wants to “encourage more, and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise”

He also said that “those who can not work from home, for example those in construction & manufacturing, should be actively encouraged to go to work”

He then said that “you can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports, but only with other members of your household”

Good news for those of us that like to run coast to coast daily.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Let's wait until tomorrow to see what is said, the majority of information will be released then.

I can't understand the going to work tomorrow bit though, it was surely too late for most people? So its up to employers to decide still, but those that are currently shut aren't going to decide to open up tomorrow suddenly. Unless its now informing them they can start to make preperations to do so. That was really the confusing bit for me.

Good news that Stan, just gotta be careful not to get caught with my hand down my missus pants in a public park now.

lollollol

how ****ing long are your arms and hands lollol ?!

11 minutes ago, Izzy said:

No I know that :)  I understand it to mean that we should still stay at home unless we really need to go out, or for exercise. We can also go to the park with members of our household and sit for a bit in the sunshine, or play sports, but again, with members of the same household. 

It could be me misunderstanding too though, everyone else seems to be so confused at what I thought was pretty straightforward :unsure:

Driving to a beach is a recipe for socially distancing disaster ........ whoever decided that it’s ok for people from outside costal towns to be allowed to drive there and se the beach is a bit mad. 

in two weeks we have another BH weekend. From this distance, the weather looks like it will be pretty good on the run up. That’s going to encourage a huge mess at beach resorts and also national trust venues ........so just as we begin to open the shops and schools early June, we will see R rise back above 1 and they will have to take a month step backwards .......

• Like 1

So it begins again. Certain journalists releasing some of the further information before it gets heard in parliament.

So tonight we have rumours of being able to meet someone from outside of your household, outdoors but with social distancing in place. (Which almost validates some of those images seen over the weekend)

****ing hell get a hold of the communications about this all. It’s terrifying they are plodding along like this. 

‘Political journalists’ - FFS 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Driving to a beach is a recipe for socially distancing disaster ........ whoever decided that it’s ok for people from outside costal towns to be allowed to drive there and se the beach is a bit mad. 

in two weeks we have another BH weekend. From this distance, the weather looks like it will be pretty good on the run up. That’s going to encourage a huge mess at beach resorts and also national trust venues ........so just as we begin to open the shops and schools early June, we will see R rise back above 1 and they will have to take a month step backwards .......

Yep. 

Worry for National Parks as well - the scenes we saw of everyone gathering at Peak District/Lake District to name but 2 will surely be seen again in a couple weeks time, if not sooner...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, stix said:

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

No I know that :)  I understand it to mean that we should still stay at home unless we really need to go out, or for exercise. We can also go to the park with members of our household and sit for a bit in the sunshine, or play sports, but again, with members of the same household. 

It could be me misunderstanding too though, everyone else seems to be so confused at what I thought was pretty straightforward :unsure:

Thanks both.

The point I was (probably clumsily) making was many on here (including me) have relatives who live some distance away. I probably got confused about the bit saying it's O.K. to drive to other destinations (parks/beach etc.) and I interpreted that as you could technically go and meet your folks somewhere public and stay 2m apart.

All semantics anyway as I ain't gonna do it :(

18 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I work in a professional role within construction. You are quite correct. It’s a bleak future Companies have three options right now:-  

a) keep working under the pretext of social distancing - cash flow is king, rather than actual money. Additionally not all manufacturers have been in operation until recently too for materials. Work is likely to dry up with demand but it’s a ‘natural’ dry up. 

b) Choose the furlough option. Keep staff employed at 80% pay until June. Assess at the end but what’s the point having people in work doing nothing? 

c) If on the furlough scheme, choose to stop and claim/implement social distancing. Begin the redundancy process ASAP which will have statutory periods. 

Really sad to be honest. It’s an industry where cash flow rules it - that cash flow has dried up or will dry up. 

Problem I see, and probably why the government are keen to get construction and manufacturing back even if it may endanger lives because it’s simply impossible to keep to the 2 metre rule, is that it’s going to take 6-12 months to get those industries going again, it’s not an instant switch on because everyone is waiting on someone which will mean mass unemployment. There’s going to be a serious lack of cash in the country which will have consequences on everything. First to go will 100 quid a month on sky and bt , which means no money for football in empty stadiums. This relying on a vaccine that may never happen could be a disaster and people need to get their heads round it.

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

So it begins again. Certain journalists releasing some of the further information before it gets heard in parliament.

So tonight we have rumours of being able to meet someone from outside of your household, outdoors but with social distancing in place. (Which almost validates some of those images seen over the weekend)

****ing hell get a hold of the communications about this all. It’s terrifying they are plodding along like this. 

‘Political journalists’ - FFS 

This tweet does touch upon something important - financial losses are more important than familial ties in the eyes of the government. Particularly worrying when the government are largely big business owners with an investment in the economy; it does suggest their interests lie not with population but with production.