Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

21 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Could be some hope for anyone wanting to see their partner and living in a different household... 

20200510_210943.thumb.jpg.910b6f4039fe02c92b02eebd75598554.jpg

What is it with this park thing all of a sudden, who the hell goes exercising in the park. Is it a London thing or something.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I absolutely despise our media. 

Oh same. They've become enraptured with their own influence. Problem being is that they're justified. Too many people lacking scruples in an industry that requires them.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

French Embassy have announced that discussions have taken place between Macron and Johnson and people travelling in to UK from France don't have to follow quarantine guidelines for 14 days... 

My holiday is still on 😳

• Sad 1

You can play sports with your own household. I doubt my wife, 3 yr old son or 8 month old daughter are gonna help me improve when I blast a football at them. Come on, help me out!!!

Most of what was announced as OK from today/Wednesday has already been happening. There is literally nothing about mixing households at any point. Pretty poor from the government but what could we expect. Baboons everywhere. People will stop listening at some point, they've had enough. I don't mind not seeing my friends, virtual is fine for a while but after a while mixing with close family becomes essential.

I am sure Boris will give us some clarity tomorrow and over the rest of the week...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think some of these manufacturing workers coming off furlough to go to work are about to feel the economic reality of what’s happening. 

A lot of orders will have been cancelled. Payments will have been held back.  A lot of businesses have took on a lot of debt to get through this. No one is ordering anything at our place without board level authority. 

Unless your supplying the supermarkets, public sector, courier companies  or Amazon I can’t see it being that great. 

• Like 1

My Dad's birthday today. Dropped some shopping off along with his card. He asked me to go around to the back garden and have a (socially distanced) cup of tea with him despite the bad weather.  Took all my will power not to do so. Not sure I'd make the same decision again in future. 

2 minutes ago, pds said:

My Dad's birthday today. Dropped some shopping off along with his card. He asked me to go around to the back garden and have a (socially distanced) cup of tea with him despite the bad weather.  Took all my will power not to do so. Not sure I'd make the same decision again in future. 

I think you’re more likely to pass the virus on, if you have it, from handling the shopping  rather than sitting in the back garden 

8 minutes ago, Livid said:

I think some of these manufacturing workers coming off furlough to go to work are about to feel the economic reality of what’s happening. 

A lot of orders will have been cancelled. Payments will have been held back.  A lot of businesses have took on a lot of debt to get through this. No one is ordering anything at our place without board level authority. 

Unless your supplying the supermarkets, public sector, courier companies  or Amazon I can’t see it being that great. 

Why would they reopen then ?  May as well keep their staff furloughed and save their money ........

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Well the church bells are calling, police cars on fire 
and as they call you to the eye of the storm 
all the people say "Stay alert tonight".

12 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Why would they reopen then ?  May as well keep their staff furloughed and save their money ........

First manufacturing places open will get their pick of desperate orders. Good if you want your business to not go bust.

Spoke to my boss tonight, he's keeping us on the furlough scheme for another week while he gets orders/material in for next week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I absolutely despise our media. 

Is there any other country that has a more poor aspect of it than ours; especially the amount of newspaper chains, for example, like The Sun, Daily Express, Daily Mail etc that deliver nothing but drivel constantly and scare-mongering etc?

Even the BBC is becoming unreliable, now, with its lack of cutting edge with its 'high-profile' journalists on important issues such as this virus.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

First manufacturing places open will get their pick of desperate orders. Good if you want your business to not go bust.

Spoke to my boss tonight, he's keeping us on the furlough scheme for another week while he gets orders/material in for next week.

Surely if there was demand your business wouldn’t have shut (or would have reopened already) ?  There was no instructions two months ago for business’ to actually shut. (Apart from retail and hospitality). 

where is this new demand coming from ?  

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Even the BBC is becoming unreliable, now, with its lack of cutting edge with its 'high-profile' journalists on important issues such as this virus.

This is on the money. I've been fortunate to live about the globe and have seen the level of trust invested in the BBC by citizens around the globe. It has become a clickbait operator. Its sad that. 

Just now, st albans fox said:

Surely if there was demand your business wouldn’t have shut (or would have reopened already) ?  There was no instructions two months ago for business’ to actually shut. (Apart from retail and hospitality). 

where is this new demand coming from ?  

We decided to shut because we didn't feel safe. A lot of our suppliers did so too, so it made sense on a practical level also. Most of the engineering places I know in Leicester have shut for some period of time over the last few weeks. The demand isn't "new", it's the same demand we had 8 weeks ago but haven't been able to fulfill. 

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I’ve been emailed about a potential lead for next week since the speech, fingers crossed things start moving again. I’ll have zero money soon, so need to get some work in this month or I’m done.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

We decided to shut because we didn't feel safe. A lot of our suppliers did so too, so it made sense on a practical level also. Most of the engineering places I know in Leicester have shut for some period of time over the last few weeks. The demand isn't "new", it's the same demand we had 8 weeks ago but haven't been able to fulfill. 

I hope they still want the stuff!   

a lot of things upstream will have changed 

if I could start a business tomorrow with low start up cost it would be Perspex sheeting ......