Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Well that's not true is it. We can have 'unlimited time outside' which is neither essential or exercise. 

The advice is to stay at home as much as possible. 

We can have unlimited exercise, not unlimited time outside. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

what's the difference? 

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Typically it’s as clear as a shit smeared wind screen. My brother works in the construction industry, however, he works in an office and he has been told that his office is open as normal again. Where the clarity is lacking, that is purely idiotic, selfish and retarded! 

All his boss has said is “one person in a toilet at any one time”. ****ing madness. 

That's proper retarded and quite naive of that boss. It's nonsensical that any office can reopen back to normal. Kind of defeats the point of trying to keep that R number down. Interesting to see if this company is abiding by the guidance released following the speech last night and if not, will anyone take it up with them :dunno:? Or will leke just want to get back to work, not make a fuss and take the risk? 

37 minutes ago, Strokes said:

Yeah I seen Keir Starmer said this too, where did he say you have to go back to work today? It’s just from today, they want people to start going back. There’s no consequences for taking a few days to sort things out.
It’s pathetic point scoring again to be even remotely upset by this, and I thought Starmer was going to support the government where he could. Not criticise at every opportunity like the new Twitter age warriors.

I get the feeling nothing would be good enough for you whatever he does. (guilty of being like that myself :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I get the feeling nothing would be good enough for you whatever he does. (guilty of being like that myself :ph34r:

No it won’t be now, I’ll just nail my flag to the mast like everybody else.

Only now we're mandatory quarantining people at airports, bad enough they aren't being tested, I assumed mandatory quarantine was already in place.

Although I'm sure to those blue tinted posters this is a perfect political move as the Tories are beyond criticism.  If it's based on scientist advice (which they've ignored in the past) why can't we hear from these scientists?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Only now we're mandatory quarantining people at airports, bad enough they aren't being tested, I assumed mandatory quarantine was already in place.

Although I'm sure to those blue tinted posters this is a perfect political move as the Tories are beyond criticism.  If it's based on scientist advice (which they've ignored in the past) why can't we hear from these scientists.

But not if you travel from France or Ireland if I understand things correctly. 

Seems ****ing stupid to me. 

I wonder how many people could/would go back to work but can’t because their kids are off school?

Kids seem to be forgotten in all this and they desperately need some structure back in their lives before they get even more brain dead.

I’d have thought reopening schools was a priority seeing as kids don’t seem to get the virus anyway.

Take the pressure of home schooling away and many people can start getting some sense of normality back in their lives.

• Like 1

i see people are saying they would like all details to be released at the same time, that would absolutely be ideal for me but it’s not for everyone, some people can’t even handle the amount of basic information handed out last night, for everything to be disclosed last night and questions to be asked that programme would had to have been at least an hour long

Looking at time stamps some people wasn’t even lasting 5 mins into last nights speech before stating they was “bored” And If the standard of questions asked by the media was going to be anywhere near the standard that get asked at the daily conference then for me personally there would be no point to them at all

then you have the people being Persnickety about who does what, just because you can doesn’t mean you have to

Then you have the people who just hate the current government or who are just anti government in general who then It seems in some kind of warped irony are the same people who want the government to hold their hands and tell them how to live their lives 

drip feed is a tried and tested format that works for the majority 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Although I'm sure to those blue tinted posters this is a perfect political move as the Tories are beyond criticism.  If it's based on scientist advice (which they've ignored in the past) why can't we hear from these scientists?

If you watched the daily conferences you would know the answers to that, also if you watched the daily conferences then you would know that we do hear people from SAGE speaking

59 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

He said we could sit in parks in the sun. That's not exercise. 

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I wonder how many people could/would go back to work but can’t because their kids are off school?

Kids seem to be forgotten in all this and they desperately need some structure back in their lives before they get even more brain dead.

I’d have thought reopening schools was a priority seeing as kids don’t seem to get the virus anyway.

Take the pressure of home schooling away and many people can start getting some sense of normality back in their lives.

Ok a few questions, who teaches these kids? Who takes these kids to school? How do you get young kids to social distance?

24 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

So I’m not point scoring.

Genuinely want Boris to lead us out of this.

What wasn’t clear in the message were two things: 

(and if you want to see clear messages watch the Welsh message and the Scottish messages)

1. Going out to exercise more - if you are going to call it exercise don’t use an icon of someone sitting on a park bench to denote this. Others managed to state that exercise should be local and not picnics sunbathing etc.... we know where this leads with pissed up people and parks full of people not social distancing.

2. He bumbled about in the message and said that if you can’t work from home you should be thinking of going back / returning to work. He then gave a couple of examples in relation to manufacturing and was it engineering - but this left many hairdressers, conveyancers, estate agents, sales people etc... wondering what they should be doing as they can’t work from home and were told they should be returning to work.

The video wasn’t suitable guidance to lead with in a pandemic and also directly contravened the advice that other devolved nation leaders had given their countries. It wasn’t therefore inclusive - it was divisive.

I sadly hope he can clarify things and rescue his position on the matter but watch what happens next...

There was never going to be an answer for every question that everyone may have had, but these are fair points at large I think. :appl:

(Not even sure how you let every industry know when it is time they should return, presumably they are told outside of mainstream media, which is lets be honest, and exercise in perception and little else)

Guest MattP
1 hour ago, Strokes said:

I mean look at this idiot, either she can’t understand a very basic graph or she is using a frightening global pandemic, to score political points. Either way it’s a disgrace.

I'm not sure the "I'm so thick I don't even understand a basic graph" argument has been properly thought through by a lot of people.

Unbelievable she's an elected MP.

He needed to use that address to talk about the points that matter to people. Yes the new 1-5 rating system is important, but its an operational matter and something that could have been briefed to the media or in parliament later as for the average person it really doesn't mean much to them. Leading with that was just unnecessary. All the average person cares about is when they can see people and whether they are expected to go to work or not. I was hoping to transparent plan like in Ireland https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/e5e599-government-publishes-roadmap-to-ease-covid-19-restrictions-and-reope/ maybe not with fixed dates, but just something to help see what the direction of travel is and what comes when. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Am I right in saying I still can’t drive somewhere to take my dogs out till Wednesday?

I think it depends how far. They announced a few weeks back that it was ok to drive somewhere for a walk, as long as the walk was significantly longer than the drive. 

3 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I think it depends how far. They announced a few weeks back that it was ok to drive somewhere for a walk, as long as the walk was significantly longer than the drive. 

Now there’s a challenge.

• Haha 3

Well the good bit is that at least there is a time table for when things might happen though understandably with the provisos that these dates are not set in stone. At least people have something positive to cling to.

Much of the rest was confusing. The return to work bit is basically ok if you can drive, walk or cycle there but not via public transport. There really needs to be clarity later in the 50 page document I think we are supposed to be getting as to whom this instruction is meant. Is this just a way of trying to get people off the furlough scheme without much thought?

Are work places set up for this return and who is going to monitor it all?

Basically people can now travel as far as they like to get to a beach, as long as they are from the same household, and thus presumably open up any second homes.

Golf clubs and tennis clubs can open but not garden centres as hinted?  But not the clubhouses so no toilets.

So the message is basically stay at home as much as you can but go to work if you can, go to the golf club, go to play tennis and it is ok to drive as far as you want to a beauty spot or beach.